There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Did Harbaugh call Gire a "mystic" this morning?!?!?

He referred to him as a "mystical man" and said he loves him.

It was one of the better Harbaugh interviews - coach is very entertaining and eccentric.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Oct 22, 2013 at 11:49 AM ]
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Its gonna be a sad sad day when franks calls it quits.

Sad

He is killing it again, looks fresh, has the most 20 yard runs by a RB, yet we still keep posting like he's retiring. Geez. Let the dude make his own mind up. He isn't that old dudes.

no doubt, he's killing it and at this point I have all the hope in the world that he'll do it again next year. but still gonna be sad times when frank decides to hang em up. I HOPE he goes out on his terms with the big jewelry to boot.

go tank go!

I thought last year he was the most evolved 49er vet. He really surprised me and he's doing it again this year. I'm actually more impressed with his ability in the last two years then any other stretch in his career.

Short term I love the idea of this being his Sunset season, but SB or not, don't know what anyone sees that says he doesn't have a few more years left.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Did Harbaugh call Gire a "mystic" this morning?!?!?

He referred to him as a "mystical man" and said he loves him.

It was one of the better Harbaugh interviews - coach is very entertaining and eccentric.

Coach is also well educated. He used the term correctly based on the quotes I read in Beerows' article.

I think Harbaugh studies a lot of religion and philosophy based on his past interviews.

I took a class on Jewish Mysticism at the UofA. Can I be eccentric, too?
Frank went 'mystical' on Harbaugh's ass after the lost to the Colts
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:41 PM ]
614 more yards before he hits the 10k mark. I hope he hits it in the last home game vs the falcons.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm kind of worried that we may burn out gore before the post season. I know the guy is a machine but I think getting the other backs involved more will make him that much more effective come playoff time.

This worries me some too.
Though Roger Craig is the all time greatest RB in history, gotta say they is no way to not love Frank Gore and put him in the same car as Craig.

That said, yeah we need to keep him as rested as possible. Loved seeing Boogie in there this weekend and he was definitely bringing it.

He's quicker, more decisive, and better educated than he was. Boogie hurts when he hits.

Want to see him spell Gore more.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
This worries me some too.

The thing about Frank though is that he needs the extra carries to get into rhythm. We can't just bring him in on spot duty here and there, and then expect him to come in full time and be all world come playoffs. If he's banged up that's one thing but he's healthy right now and running like its easy and he's hungry so FEED HIM!! Please.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
The thing about Frank though is that he needs the extra carries to get into rhythm. We can't just bring him in on spot duty here and there, and then expect him to come in full time and be all world come playoffs. If he's banged up that's one thing but he's healthy right now and running like its easy and he's hungry so FEED HIM!! Please.

Good point actually. Performers need to perform.
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Idk.... He's know spring chicken thats all I'm saying. RB's get worn down more than any other posistion. I'd like to see the wealth spread just a little bit more.
Idk.... He's know spring chicken thats all I'm saying. RB's get worn down more than any other posistion. I'd like to see the wealth spread just a little bit more.
Do you think the staff is gun shy of spelling Gore? Sure seems that way
Originally posted by 49erWay:
Do you think the staff is gun shy of spelling Gore? Sure seems that way

I think so. He gets the lions share of carries and I do agree it helps him get into the flow of the game better. But it seems we don't really trust any other rb's unless someone get's injured and is forced to play more. Gore is a beast and has the best vision i've seen since, Marcus Allen but I'd also like to see him close to 100% come january
I think so. He gets the lions share of carries and I do agree it helps him get into the flow of the game better. But it seems we don't really trust any other rb's unless someone get's injured and is forced to play more. Gore is a beast and has the best vision i've seen since, Marcus Allen but I'd also like to see him close to 100% come january
O.O I thought I was the only one who saw that. How naive of me lol. Yes, he feels the flow and sees the holes as before they develop and knows what to do when nothing arrives as well. Hits it hard but with a little more muscle than Allen but Allen did the same with a more fluid response and some glide.

Its funny. We all second guess the coaches but when one of our greats is off the field and the whole climate gets frigid we understand.

So then, we need some blowouts so we can rest Frankie.
Hunter will get his carries against the Jags...so will James and Dixon. I suspect we see very little of Gore Sunday.
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Hunter will get his carries against the Jags...so will James and Dixon. I suspect we see very little of Gore Sunday.

hunter should get carries period. hunter is a very good back and a home run hitter. they are a lethal 1, 2 punch but we just use 1.

i would prefer we just use gore or hunter going forward period. either, or. no dixon unless we're up by 60