Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Originally posted by NickSh49:
This f**king guy...

Is that Grant Cohn?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Frank may've lost a step, but he still knows how to get through holes and find open space. He put on a clinic last night...and gave proper cred to his OL that kicked butt all game. Would still like to see him used as a receiver more...he's got good hands and it's another way to get him into open space. Hunter's got excellent "quicks" and showed it on his TD run.

I think because of Gore's great vision, he'll continue to be an effective back, even when there is a more significant decline. When we reach the point where there is a back that is clearly better than Gore, if he's willing to remain, I think he could still be effective in a backup role at 32, 33 years old.

Absolutely. Not to mention he is about as good as they get as far as RB pass protection goes. There are so many things Gore brings to the table that arent even really talked about. He also reads defenses really well, and when Kap first took over, I remember Gore helping get him set, and get the right call at the LOS several times. Gore, even with his learning disabilities, is very brilliant when it comes to football IQ. He knows how to continue to be successful even if his physical gifts are not what they once were.
Gore looked quicker than years past in that rams game IMO he is a beast still

FEED HIM

some interesting numbers for Frank

5th in Rushing yards through 6 games
1st in runs of 20+ yards with 7
averaging 4.6 ypc

on pace for approximately 1,272 yards
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

averaging 4.6 ypc

Love it. Earlier this week Gregg Cosell was saying how Gore is running as well as he ever has. He talked about how he is able to find the smallest openings at the line and burst through the hole, rather than to the hole. He said great running backs have to be able to run like this in the NFL because in the NFL everything is about small spaces, rather than huge gaps, as is the case in college. Man I want us to win a Super Bowl for Gore so badly. The guy absolutely deserves it.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Love it. Earlier this week Gregg Cosell was saying how Gore is running as well as he ever has. He talked about how he is able to find the smallest openings at the line and burst through the hole, rather than to the hole. He said great running backs have to be able to run like this in the NFL because in the NFL everything is about small spaces, rather than huge gaps, as is the case in college. Man I want us to win a Super Bowl for Gore so badly. The guy absolutely deserves it.

He really does deserve a superbowl. I hope we get it for him!
We have an embarrassment of riches at running back! Even though I'm excited about seeing Hunter, Lattimore, and possibly James get more playing time I'll still when Gore decides to leave us. He is simply the best of everything that's great about football and especially the running back position! Mr. Gore you are all world in the hearts of the faithful everywhere! GO NINERS GO!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

averaging 4.6 ypc

also thats with only 9 attempts in seattle and 11 against the colts.
no receptions past 3 games

cut him
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i wish they would pass to gore a little bit as well. he used to be a monster in the pass game too but they got away from it the last few years. either way its nice to see the old man kick ass still, he never had the break away speed to begin with but he still has the best vision and patience in the nfl as a runner and a great burst for the first 15-25 yards. next victim is houston, get em frank!!!

The irony bout this is barry sanders and our very own frank gore are the only rbs to have 2 80 yard runs in same game lmao
Its gonna be a sad sad day when franks calls it quits.

Sad
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Its gonna be a sad sad day when franks calls it quits.

Sad

Send him out with that ring.
Frank Gore now ranks 3rd in franchise history with 67 career TDs (56 rushing, 10 rec., 1 return).

That was a Tweet. When the phuck did he RETURN a TD?
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
Frank Gore now ranks 3rd in franchise history with 67 career TDs (56 rushing, 10 rec., 1 return).

That was a Tweet. When the phuck did he RETURN a TD?

I swear I just saw that on Twitter and thought WTF? I'm guessing they mean a fumble return, maybe he picked up a fumble in the RZ and took it in, I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999% positive Gore hasn't ever returned a kick or punt in his career.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Kaepernick fumbled against the Patriots last year and Gore took it in for a td, which is his fumble return for a td.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home