LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore is still a beast!!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Can't wait to see the breakdown of how GB held up our run so well. There has to be a way to counter.

It's simple. They sold out for the run and stopping the read option and basically conceded the pass.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Can't wait to see the breakdown of how GB held up our run so well. There has to be a way to counter.

It's simple. They sold out for the run and stopping the read option and basically conceded the pass.

and 95% of our run plays were right up the gut.

runs to the outside surprisingly worked.
Hunter did well when he was in. Gore isn't our most explosive back anymore. He may have some good games vs weaker defenses but this offense, with Kap, need more speed than power at RB. Gore won't give us that.

We need to make defenses pay for hovering in the middle of that read option. They aren't afraid of Gore's speed.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Hunter did well when he was in. Gore isn't our most explosive back anymore. He may have some good games vs weaker defenses but this offense, with Kap, need more speed than power at RB. Gore won't give us that.

We need to make defenses pay for hovering in the middle of that read option. They aren't afraid of Gore's speed.

he hasnt had that since miami
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I mean in terms of our new offense. We don't run a power offense anymore. We need a quicker back to force that end to make quicker decisions.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

I mean in terms of our new offense. We don't run a power offense anymore. We need a quicker back to force that end to make quicker decisions.

why draft lattimore then? Harbaugh isnt going to abandon the run and power game imo
Guys Gore is usually slow during the first couple of games. Give him time to get into his groove and he will be a boss as soon as week 4
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Guys Gore is usually slow during the first couple of games. Give him time to get into his groove and he will be a boss as soon as week 4

I think sooner. Week 3.

If Indy was shocked getting their ass tore up on the ground by Oakland at home, boy do they have it coming good to them at Candlestick.

Going to be a bloodbath. I'm thinking of the Buffalo game last year.
Our identity depends on the game plan. We can be power we can be finesse we can be both. From the start I think it was apparent that it wasn't gonna be gores game. It was harbaugh "we are the 49ers, we can do what we want." He just proved, we can beat you anyway we want. I expect a lot more i-formation vs Seattle, a lot more gore.

Gore doesn't get enough credit for his blocking. He had a couple of really nice blocks downfield, especially on the Kaep scramble and several blitz pick ups that really enabled a play to be made.
Game 1: 21 carries, 44 yards (2.1 ypc)

Game 2: 9 carries, 16 yards (1.6 ypc)

Gore has looked slow and has shown very little explosion and wiggle. We may finally be witnessing his decline and I think it's time we give Hunter and Dixon more touches (1 carry each last night).

What do you attribute to Gore's lack of production in the first two weeks. Is it age, or is he just experiencing a slow start?
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
we need to trade him and get something or just cut him. he's not worth it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
he's got noblockingitas
The o-line is not opening up enough holes. This is mainly due to play calling. Teams are once again loading the box to stuff the run, and Roman refuses to spread the field with 3 or 4 WR to make them stop.

In order for a RB to be consistent, the line has to consistently create running lanes for the RB to get positive yards, and every once in a while, pop a long run. Gore has not had enough quality opportunities to burst through a running lane. He's getting hit at or before the LOS way too often.
Share 49ersWebzone