Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Trade him for Goldson

about six games into the season and ten late hit penalties tampa would probably want to do that

as will we after Rodgers goes 30 for 32, 600 yards and 5 TD's on our secondary in week 1.
i would like to think he would be on the run and on his back due to hopefully a much much improved pass rush i am probably in the minority but i think our secondary will be quite good this year. I know we got two guys on the wrong side of 30 and I have zero interest in his alleged mixed reports about our new corner but I think those two , cox and brown will be more than adequate this year and I think reid will be very good with a more than respectable backup in dahl at both spots. I will not miss goldson and his drive extending penalties for the other team
cc, we both like Reid as someone who can actually break up a pass, instead of goldson who made great tackles after pass was completed....and THEN he drew a flag for some stupid comment, or whatever. To me we exchanged one STRONG CORNER(combo of SS and CB) Goldson, for a much, much better pass defender, Reid. Then Dahl as a nice backup, and then Cox, Brown, et al.. I agree, we will have a secondary, much better this yr than last. Just not having Goldson on the field will save us all those stupid, really stupid red flags. And Reid appears able to cover, which goldson couldn't.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
cc, we both like Reid as someone who can actually break up a pass, instead of goldson who made great tackles after pass was completed....and THEN he drew a flag for some stupid comment, or whatever. To me we exchanged one STRONG CORNER(combo of SS and CB) Goldson, for a much, much better pass defender, Reid. Then Dahl as a nice backup, and then Cox, Brown, et al.. I agree, we will have a secondary, much better this yr than last. Just not having Goldson on the field will save us all those stupid, really stupid red flags. And Reid appears able to cover, which goldson couldn't.

Goldson drew challenge flags?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Goldson drew challenge flags?

while it was not good for his blood pressure,, i enjoyed it when JH threw a challenge flag,, you pretty much knew some spittle was going to start flying out of his mouth
Trade him for Goldson

Would you really rather have Gouldson then Gore?
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
while it was not good for his blood pressure,, i enjoyed it when JH threw a challenge flag,, you pretty much knew some spittle was going to start flying out of his mouth

It also wasn't good for the team most of the time since he lost like every single challenge haha.

Love me some Gore!
Just got through reading the Gameday Q&A with Alex Boone and reading what he had to say about Gore and Ray McDonald got me even more fired up for the season.

What's the best part about blocking for Frank Gore?

What isn't there to love about blocking for Frank Gore? You give him a crease and it's off to the races with anybody. He's so determined. He's so focused all the time. He always wants the best out of you and the minute you don't give him the best, he's going to call you out. I think he keeps guys accountable which is important. When someone loses focused, he's the first person to call you out on it – and that's a true leader – that's a man. You want to have that and to have it in Frank, he's the one carrying the ball, and he's determining a lot of the success of the team. It's an honor to block for one of the greatest power running backs, trap running backs, in the history of the NFL. So, to be on the same team as him and to be able to say I blocked for him, is an honor.

Truth be told right there! Gore is the man! Bring on the Pack already! GO NINERS
Not gonna lie, I will shed a tear or two the day I see Gore hoisting up the trophy.

Originally posted by verb1der:
Not gonna lie, I will shed a tear or two the day I see Gore hoisting up the trophy.

Me too! Seeing the 49ers rushing king on top of that mountain will also probably signal the end of his career. If anyone deserves to go out on top its Frank!!
Frank Gore is the type of RB that other teams don't want to face
Frank is going to rush for at least 3 more 1000 yard seasons.
Can't wait to see the breakdown of how GB held up our run so well. There has to be a way to counter.
Nice game Gore!
Share 49ersWebzone