LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 386 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
gore was hitting blocks and rushing awesome all game. there are alot of people to blame for the performance. gore isaint one of them.
Maybe if we didn't line up at the line of scrimmage every damn play with 3 seconds to spare, the line and Gore could know their assignments. So sick of the timeouts and delay of games. Knew it would bite us hard, and it did. If we didn't waste that timeout on the final drive,

1. Kaepernick might have scored on that run
2. We would have had time for one last drive with about 30 seconds and 50 yards to go
Originally posted by Sugar_Rush:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The offense scored a grand total of 6 points against the Ravens with Alex Smith running it. The offense scored 29 points against the Ravens with Colin Kaepernick running it. What you're implying is that Alex Smith could have brought the Niners back from 22 points down against the same team. What makes you think the guy who got six points could have done better than the guy who got 29 points?

No telling what would've happened so it's 50/50.

Talk to Sugar Rush about that. If he wants to keep posting b***hy little innuendos about how everything would have turned out right if Alex Smith was in there, you should expect some of us to respond with reasonable arguments about why that's b.s. In absence of Sugar Rush's posts, I'd have nothing to say on the matter.

There was a point brought up about Kaep not being able to throw fades and it seamed proper to bring up his inexperience with reading defenses in goal line sitautions because I felt that was a more glaring problem than his ability to throw fades. Do we not have a QB on the roster that has experienced this and come through in those situations?

I might be wrong, but I believe Alex Smith completed one fade route for a TD his entire career--to Crabs on MNF this year--and really has ever only thrown a WR open on the Vernon Post/Catch III. Yes, the Vernon Post was most definitely clutch, but there is no way Smith gets the team remotely back in striking distance the 2nd half. Kaep got us five yards away, and had Roman run the ball and/or not telegraphed the pass by going spread, likely won the SB.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Kap can't throw a fade to save his life. I love the dude and I'm excited about his as the future QB for the next 5-10 years but this play and the play at the end to Crabtree were the same thing I've seen all season - he can throw it 60 yards but can't throw that fade

The fade is one of the hardest passes to throw. So much precision with not too much, but not too little power. Kaep will perfect it this offseason
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
The fade is one of the hardest passes to throw. So much precision with not too much, but not too little power. Kaep will perfect it this offseason

I agree its scary to think how good kaep can be once he perfects some of the finesse throws like back shoulder and fade.
Gore is not to blame for that play. Kaep was anticipating the blitz and rushed his pass. A little lower and crabtree could've made a play for it. It also would've been easier for the refs to call a hold.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
gore is not to blame for anything. my dead dog mrs bojangles could have called better plays than the roman Jh combo at the end. its f**king criminal what the coaches did to us. not to even give the backs, ck or the line a chance to win the game. it should eat everyone of you up inside
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by merm49:
Originally posted by Sugar_Rush:
The offense scored a grand total of 6 points against the Ravens with Alex Smith running it. The offense scored 29 points against the Ravens with Colin Kaepernick running it. What you're implying is that Alex Smith could have brought the Niners back from 22 points down against the same team. What makes you think the guy who got six points could have done better than the guy who got 29 points?

No telling what would've happened so it's 50/50.

Talk to Sugar Rush about that. If he wants to keep posting b***hy little innuendos about how everything would have turned out right if Alex Smith was in there, you should expect some of us to respond with reasonable arguments about why that's b.s. In absence of Sugar Rush's posts, I'd have nothing to say on the matter.

There was a point brought up about Kaep not being able to throw fades and it seamed proper to bring up his inexperience with reading defenses in goal line sitautions because I felt that was a more glaring problem than his ability to throw fades. Do we not have a QB on the roster that has experienced this and come through in those situations?

I might be wrong, but I believe Alex Smith completed one fade route for a TD his entire career--to Crabs on MNF this year--and really has ever only thrown a WR open on the Vernon Post/Catch III. Yes, the Vernon Post was most definitely clutch, but there is no way Smith gets the team remotely back in striking distance the 2nd half. Kaep got us five yards away, and had Roman run the ball and/or not telegraphed the pass by going spread, likely won the SB.
alex smith and last thanksiving has not one god damn thing to do with the fiasco from sunday
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I'm still wondering why gore didn't get the ball with 2nd and goal..

or third and goal or fourth and goal. you will never get a straight answer out of anyone for this. i guess the coaches were trying out the new philosophy. when you are trailing in the super bowl and are in a spot to win the game, you play not to win
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
I'm thinking if he just throws the slant there its a TD. Unless Moss ran the wrong route, this is on Kap. I don't believe Moss should have adjusted either, obviously the slant is there and if its hot thats the play. You can say he didn't have time because of the rush, but that simply isn't true...it was there, there really is no difference in the time it took for him to throw the crap pass he did verses throwing the slant. I think Gore went after the inside guy because he thought Kap would throw a slant in that lane. Reed on the outside simply wouldn't have time to get there because it was a quick slant AND he would be out of any passing lanes because he was far enough outside.

Kap doesn't even get hit on this play... opportunity missed.

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Kaep had no chance. An offsides Ed reed coming in unblocked. It was doomed

Wait a minute. I thought those kind of plays is why we went to Kaep right. Alex could not get away from the rush but Kaep could cause hes fast and has more talent and can make something out of nothing. Now I'm told, if there is a free rusher, all bets are off? Okay.
Originally posted by rk1642:

Wait a minute. I thought those kind of plays is why we went to Kaep right. Alex could not get away from the rush but Kaep could cause hes fast and has more talent and can make something out of nothing. Now I'm told, if there is a free rusher, all bets are off? Okay.

Let's stop it with that. Kap definitely has a better ability to avoid the rush, that doesn't mean that he can merely step away from a cover 0 blitz. No one can. But it is Kap's ability that brought us to the Super Bowl, so let's stop using the SB loss to criticize the move to Kap. It was clearly the right move; it clearly gave the 49ers the best chance to win; let's get over it and move on. Nobody is happy we lost the SB, but to blame it all on Kap and imply that we would have won the SB with Alex is downright silly. The greater likelihood is that we wouldn't even have made it to the SB had Alex been QB given how our defense was playing toward the end.

no one can escape an off sides free rusher
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Feb 7, 2013 at 12:03 PM ]
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

no one can escape offsides free rusher

it doesn't matter because Alex would have held the ball and taken a sack. Keeo it safe, even on a 2 point try.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

no one can escape an off sides free rusher

sorry, but thats not what I was sold. You guys can make excuses for Kaep all you want but its still the same thing. One gets a pass when the protection sucks and the other gets blamed, kinda funny now.

And I'm not saying that Kaep should not be the starter cause I see the promise but to just let every mistake slide like its nothing is a bit much to take.

Frank plays a great game and is not even close to a reason why we lost. But somehow we are going to focus on him taking a different man on a blitz for our loss?

How bout in the 1st quarter when Kaep missed a wide open wr in the endzone for a sure TD. A huge mistake that cost us 4 points as we then had to kick a FG. Now that could have mattered egh? Whatever, lets keep the focus on anything and anybody other than Kaep.
Share 49ersWebzone