LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Gore better give a minimum 100% effort in the playoffs. Hell or high water, injury or drama at home, I want him running like a future Hall of Famer. Who doesn't want to see such a respected athlete, decked out with a couple super bowl rings from the best team in the world?

Frank never gives anything less than everything.

He ran the ball like 4 times with one of them being a 15 yard gain after breaking his hip. Lulz.

Remember him standing on the sideline in that game after they hid his helmet? He wanted to play so bad he just couldn't stay still. I felt so bad for him.
I like that uniform Gore is wearing, much better than the throwback. It gives him his own unique identity.
Frank sporting the blue work shirt in an interview this week:

Still leading by example.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

i love you frank!!! full homo
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Technically he doesn't have the record, because the NFL doesn't count Joe Perry's 2 years in the AFL, where he scored 13 TDs I believe.

However, this is not to take away from Gore. The guy has balled for us for years. He stuck through with us and made us HIS team even after all the dark years. The guy will probably go down as one of my all-time favorite Niners.

Even though he gets recognition, I still think he's very underrated as a RB. Most people wouldn't put him in top5 in the league as a RB, but I definitely would without a doubt. There is no RB in the league with greater vision than him.

GIIIIIIIIIRE!

Another thing to consider however, is how many times have we gotten into within five yards of the endzone primarily on Gores back, only to have him pulled, and have his TD given to the second back? s**t i remember one only a fe weeks ago where gore got us within the 5, only to be pulled and have his TD run given to Dixon.

Perry played in a time when he was simply the only back, and he got every carry.

Also IMO Gore has the best vision of any RB to ever play the game. I wonder what his numbers could have been if his speed was not hindered by the knee and hip injurys, and if he had played on a solid team early in his career. To think this man has done what he has done, when vitually his entire running frame has been rebulit at one point or another is insane.

I hadn't red this before. But I absolutely agree. That's why many RB's TD numbers will be lowered because many teams are featuring two headed monsters now a days. Hell, some teams even have three headed monsters (which I see us running next year with Gore, Hunter and LMJ).

But I agree. Gore definitely has the best vision in the league right now. You may even be right all time, but that can be argued. But what also helps him a lot is the way he also hits the hole once he sees it. And he always gets a good 2 or 3 yards after being hit, minimum. The guy will go down as one of my all-time favorite Niners.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

i love you frank!!! full homo

Full on Te'o homo?
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/sports/football/49ers-frank-gore-was-a-special-back-at-miami.html?_r=1&

Nice article on Frank Gore. It's a great presentation of why Gore is one of my all-time favorite Niners.
Frank will be ready...i hope he breaks one..he is way over due for a big run
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

How many yards does he need to get for it to qualify?
Originally posted by real9erfan:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/18/sports/football/49ers-frank-gore-was-a-special-back-at-miami.html?_r=1&

Nice article on Frank Gore. It's a great presentation of why Gore is one of my all-time favorite Niners.

Thanks for posting -- great article. Whenever I need a reminder of where Frank Gore came from, I watch his youtube highlights from college.
http://youtu.be/gXkAGgB1MDg

Originally posted by Wodwo:

to qualify for big run?...I hope he has a 60+ yarder
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

That would be nuts! He hasn't had a 60+ yard run since the Raiders game in 2010.

I think he could still do it under the right circumstances, though. It would be AWESOME!

That would be nuts! He hasn't had a 60+ yard run since the Raiders game in 2010.

I think he could still do it under the right circumstances, though. It would be AWESOME!

i think he had one against Detriot last year ?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I think it was 55 yards. Not a big difference, good point.

I think it was 55 yards. Not a big difference, good point.

yeah either way..he's way over due ..C'mon Frankie
Share 49ersWebzone