LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Congrats Frank on 51 TD's you earned it man. We are blessed to call you a 49er. Best 49er RB of all time.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Congrats Frank on 51 TD's you earned it man. We are blessed to call you a 49er. Best 49er RB of all time.

+1

10,000 yards next year

+1

10,000 yards next year
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

+1

10,000 yards next year
now if they can just add a couple of rings
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

+1

10,000 yards next year
now if they can just add a couple of rings

Rings + His Numbers = HOF
Gore is looking great. Seems like he can go another couple years...
one thing that this team needs to do is put Gore in better position to succeed. LMJ had some big gains that Gore didn't today because they didn't bring in the stupid Jumbo package for James. It seems like every time Gore gets a carry we have either the jumbo or the one WR obvious run play formation out and it's getting old at this point. Personally I don't think Gore is slowing down at the end of the year I think we're calling the wrong plays. Go out in a formation that could be run OR pass and give him some chances please.
Originally posted by matt49er:
one thing that this team needs to do is put Gore in better position to succeed. LMJ had some big gains that Gore didn't today because they didn't bring in the stupid Jumbo package for James. It seems like every time Gore gets a carry we have either the jumbo or the one WR obvious run play formation out and it's getting old at this point. Personally I don't think Gore is slowing down at the end of the year I think we're calling the wrong plays. Go out in a formation that could be run OR pass and give him some chances please.

Agree. Hope we have a much better gameplan in the playoffs!
Technically he doesn't have the record, because the NFL doesn't count Joe Perry's 2 years in the AFL, where he scored 13 TDs I believe.

However, this is not to take away from Gore. The guy has balled for us for years. He stuck through with us and made us HIS team even after all the dark years. The guy will probably go down as one of my all-time favorite Niners.

Even though he gets recognition, I still think he's very underrated as a RB. Most people wouldn't put him in top5 in the league as a RB, but I definitely would without a doubt. There is no RB in the league with greater vision than him.

GIIIIIIIIIRE!
Go Frank

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Technically he doesn't have the record, because the NFL doesn't count Joe Perry's 2 years in the AFL, where he scored 13 TDs I believe.

However, this is not to take away from Gore. The guy has balled for us for years. He stuck through with us and made us HIS team even after all the dark years. The guy will probably go down as one of my all-time favorite Niners.

Even though he gets recognition, I still think he's very underrated as a RB. Most people wouldn't put him in top5 in the league as a RB, but I definitely would without a doubt. There is no RB in the league with greater vision than him.

GIIIIIIIIIRE!

Another thing to consider however, is how many times have we gotten into within five yards of the endzone primarily on Gores back, only to have him pulled, and have his TD given to the second back? s**t i remember one only a fe weeks ago where gore got us within the 5, only to be pulled and have his TD run given to Dixon.

Perry played in a time when he was simply the only back, and he got every carry.

Also IMO Gore has the best vision of any RB to ever play the game. I wonder what his numbers could have been if his speed was not hindered by the knee and hip injurys, and if he had played on a solid team early in his career. To think this man has done what he has done, when vitually his entire running frame has been rebulit at one point or another is insane.
Im extremely proud of #21 Frank Gore. He deserves these playoff runs for all he has been through. Given his his history of surgeries at Miami and how he was passed up by many teams before Nowin took a chance on him. The one good thing Mike Nolan did for this team was draft Take a flyer on Gore and he came through the team big time and turned himself into one of the premiere backs in the NFL. Congrats Mr. Gore, you deserve it!!

Go Niners!!
  • mod
  • Veteran
Frank Gore passed up some terrific runners in NFL history

Jim Taylor, Roger Craig, Priest Holmes, Larry Csonka

He's now approaching hall of fame numbers trailing Earl Campbell, Ahman Green, Shaun Alexander and Clinton Portis... if he can get past those guys and get a ring I think he's up for discussion, just gotta put up 2 more 1000 yard seasons and a couple solid 500-600 yard seasons and he's in Marshall Faulk/Marcus Allen territory.
Gore better give a minimum 100% effort in the playoffs. Hell or high water, injury or drama at home, I want him running like a future Hall of Famer. Who doesn't want to see such a respected athlete, decked out with a couple super bowl rings from the best team in the world?
[ Edited by HouseNiner on Jan 3, 2013 at 12:49 AM ]
Originally posted by HouseNiner:
Gore better give a minimum 100% effort in the playoffs. Hell or high water, injury or drama at home, I want him running like a future Hall of Famer. Who doesn't want to see such a respected athlete, decked out with a couple super bowl rings from the best team in the world?

Frank never gives anything less than everything.
Share 49ersWebzone