LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jiks
Guy beat out Portis and Magahee in Miami his freshmen year before said injuries. Guy would have been almost Jesus like.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Greatest niner RB in the history of mankind.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Guy beat out Portis and Magahee in Miami his freshmen year before said injuries. Guy would have been almost Jesus like.

Yeah he was pretty motherf**kin bad ass! Check out this college video. Has portis talking about Gore being the best Miami back.

Just look at those sweet nasty ass cuts!
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Dec 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I remember when we drafted him, Mel Kiper got all wet talking about Gore. How we got a huge steal.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
If he never gets hurt no way he drops to us. He would have been picked in the first round

Yes, this. For sure.
Originally posted by English:
Yes, this. For sure.

He would have been a Top 10 pick easily, good draft choice and RB for some other team.
We NEVER would have been in position to get him.
What if Gire...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all those years he got beat up on a crappy team. a big reason why i was hoping we could win a super bowl for those guys who were there back in the dark days
Thank god for gore!

gore is the man
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Frank Gore had never had his knee injuries in college. His freshmen year he was averaging more than 9 yards per carry. He had 4.3 speed before his injuries. In my opinion he has some of the greatest vision, if not the greatest vision of all time. He is also one of the best when it comes to patience and squeezing through holes. I believe if he still had that breakaway speed and hadn't gotten injured he would have been a top 5 or even 3 back of all time. He's already the greatest 49ers back ever. Here is to the Inconvenient Truth! What say you?

There is the very real possibility that those injuries made him the man and running back he is today. Why morn what he is not and celebrate, my dear niner brethren, what Frank "the Tank" is?

Kinda agree here...

BTW, he NEVER had 4.3 speed. I've watched almost all of his college highlights when I made a Frank Gore vid awhile back, and he never really had that breakaway speed. He was QUICK and SUDDEN tho. I think the biggest things that made him so good were his vision and patience, and he didn't lose those with the injuries.
He would be the Bucs RB right now.

Caddy Williams would've went somewhere else
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
He would be the Bucs RB right now.

Caddy Williams would've went somewhere else

Ya..was just about to say that...had he not been hurt he never would have been a Niner.
Share 49ersWebzone