LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 415 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Killion: To get Super Bowl ring, Gore might need to leave Niners

"I don't think his best chance is with the 49ers. I could be wrong, but many who aren't either on the 49ers' payroll or blinded by a fan's devotion to the team share my opinion."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/Killion-To-get-Super-Bowl-ring-Gore-might-need-6111076.php?t=ce1f2a6bacda9fb8e6&cmpid=twitter-premium

Probably her best article I've read from her. It's 100% true as well. Gore should lookout for himself and find a team that is closest to go to the Super Bowl. No way it's us. He has done enough for us and we couldn't deliver. I'll be cheering for him where ever he goes.
As much as I love Gore and would hate to see him in any other color other than red and gold he deserves one final shot at a ring. He gave us his everything and it would be selfish of us to keep him away from one last shot. It should cement his legacy into the Hall of Fame and it probably is best for us to get younger at the RB position anyways. We all know he is a true Niner at heart no matter what.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
How quickly people forget what this team was before Harbaugh. Now they think any coach can come in and take this team to a Super Bowl victory. SMH.

Let's see what tune you're singing when we turn in a 6-10 season in 2015. Then will you still be chastising Harbaugh for "blemishing" the organization with a Super Bowl loss? Do you remember just wishing with everything you had that the team would secure a playoff spot from '03-'10?

In terms of Gore, he's my favorite player since Rice. That's why I started this thread so many moons ago. But in fairness to him, I'd rather see him suit up elsewhere and get a ring than close a storied career in SF on the same low point he began his career here with.

Harbaugh changed the culture by bringing in an assured confidence. He couldn't sustain that confidence within the team because he was either unwilling or unable to adapt his offense to the adjustments defense made to stop it. Joe Staley is a loyal guy. When he calls your scheme "dumb" during the season, you've been screwing up.

I agree.

With the way the team is now, an 8-8 season was a bunch of underperforming/bad luck/bad schemes. Compare that to Sing and Nolan era, 8-8 was as good as it gets.

So Harbaugh should be congratulated for bringing back a winning culture to SF. It's pretty impressive because he had two good seasons of offense, and then the defense was still able to get it done enough in 2013 to manage a 12-4 record and an NFCC visit despite offensive woes. This last season I'd probably put on factors outside of Harbaugh, but I don't think we get to the SB with his offensive system if we couldn't the year before.

The key here is that our OC and offensive coaches need to know what the hell they are doing. Also, while lesser a concern, hopefully the defensive coaching staff is at least a push from last season.

I trust that Tomsula can replace Harbaugh effectively as a player's coach. Tell me this, if the ONLY change we made this offseason was swapping Harbaugh for Tomsula while retaining Roman, offensive staff, Fangio and defensive staff, would any of us be so worried??

I wouldn't. Tomsula in some ways can be an improvement in the player's coach aspect while not having the a**** part that comes with it (sorry....now that JH is gone, we can start to acknowledge rival's beefs with him). Could he be smarter with challenges? Maybe. We know he won't piss off refs the same way, so maybe we catch a few more breaks than last year.

Bottom line is the team knows it's still elite. Harbaugh might have a special gift for turning teams around better than any other coach in the NFL, but we don't need that service anymore.

Unless the team falters for at least another year or two. But I doubt that will happen and remain too optimistic to see it happening.

Great pots WRATH and JT!
Originally posted by luis1985:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Killion: To get Super Bowl ring, Gore might need to leave Niners

"I don't think his best chance is with the 49ers. I could be wrong, but many who aren't either on the 49ers' payroll or blinded by a fan's devotion to the team share my opinion."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/Killion-To-get-Super-Bowl-ring-Gore-might-need-6111076.php?t=ce1f2a6bacda9fb8e6&cmpid=twitter-premium

Probably her best article I've read from her. It's 100% true as well. Gore should lookout for himself and find a team that is closest to go to the Super Bowl. No way it's us. He has done enough for us and we couldn't deliver. I'll be cheering for him where ever he goes.

Stupid. We still have top 5 talent and depth and we're about to hit FA and with a top 15 pick. The ONLY angle here is that our coaching staff is an "unknown" to the outside world. It's not an unknown in-house with our FO or players. The systems will remain the same with some additional tweaks. The bottom line is, there is a new excitement this off season and Gore has just as much a chance to win a Superbowl with us as he does with any other "elite" team.
Less then a week for the start of FA n yet still no contract in place?

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I think he wants to test the waters.
Originally posted by InsertNameHere:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

I think he wants to test the waters.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! say it aint so
Gore to the Eagles?

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2015/03/eagles_frank_gore.html
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Gore to the Eagles?

They have the cap space, system and money to build a solid team this year. I can't stand the Eagles so this would hurt but wouldn't surprise me.
It would suck if he goes to the Eagles, but sometimes it is time to move on. I have no doubt that Gore will still be productive, but time to hand the reigns to Hyde.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
It would suck if he goes to the Eagles, but sometimes it is time to move on. I have no doubt that Gore will still be productive, but time to hand the reigns to Hyde.

Still crazy for PHI to cut their back only to pursue someone else's older back. Makes sense for us to want to pay Frank but PHI? Sounds like his agents ploy but more power to Frank. We will just give him the business when we see him

Well, the Eagles like using a three RB system so they will be fine. Gore is the north/south runner they need unlike what McCoy did last year. The Eagles could draft a RB in the 2nd round if they want.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Noooooooo!!
Possibly leveraging a deal for a better 49ers offer. Eagles will have a tough road ahead next season, I do not think they're much of a bet to make a playoff push. Gore would be better off staying in San Francisco. If he doesn't re-sign and cares about getting that ring, he is better off going to a real contender like Indy.
Originally posted by CullyInTheHouse:
Well, the Eagles like using a three RB system so they will be fine. Gore is the north/south runner they need unlike what McCoy did last year. The Eagles could draft a RB in the 2nd round if they want.

Exactly. They want that north/south back and Chris Polk can provide that for them now but Gore would certainly elevate their power run game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Gore to the Eagles?

C'mon Baalke!!!
Share 49ersWebzone