LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 250 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
How quickly people forget what this team was before Harbaugh. Now they think any coach can come in and take this team to a Super Bowl victory. SMH.

Let's see what tune you're singing when we turn in a 6-10 season in 2015. Then will you still be chastising Harbaugh for "blemishing" the organization with a Super Bowl loss? Do you remember just wishing with everything you had that the team would secure a playoff spot from '03-'10?

In terms of Gore, he's my favorite player since Rice. That's why I started this thread so many moons ago. But in fairness to him, I'd rather see him suit up elsewhere and get a ring than close a storied career in SF on the same low point he began his career here with.

Where do some of you guys get your great predictions from? Is there an 800 number I can call to get these things too.

6-10 isn't happening. no way.

i called the 800#

11-5 is more realistic
As we get closer to the start of FA i worry more & more he wont be a Niner next season as each day passes i see him losing patience trying to work something out with the team. Hope the negotiations are still very strong between both camps, its been very quiet on both sides for over a week though.

Theres probably a lot of positioning going on with internal restructures involving other parties. be patient.
Maybe its time to move on. Gonna be 32 and a step slower. Give the youngens like Hyde/Draftchoice/Kendall more reps with more speed and power. Maybe even LMJ coulda done more if he was used more. Gore is an All timer but he took critical reps away from Hyde this past year and Kendall/LMJ in previous years.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Maybe its time to move on. Gonna be 32 and a step slower. Give the youngens like Hyde/Draftchoice/Kendall more reps with more speed and power. Maybe even LMJ coulda done more if he was used more. Gore is an All timer but he took critical reps away from Hyde this past year and Kendall/LMJ in previous years.

His last two games show me he's still a beast. I want to get him his ring. With US.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
His last two games show me he's still a beast. I want to get him his ring. With US.

His last 2 games were GREAT but a lot of that was the AZ defense playing not to get hurt since they were a wild card the following week and the San Diego defense and game i believe the Chargers run defense wasn't so great. I like to judge Gore on what he does vs the Seattles of the NFL.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

His last 2 games were GREAT but a lot of that was the AZ defense playing not to get hurt since they were a wild card the following week and the San Diego defense and game i believe the Chargers run defense wasn't so great. I like to judge Gore on what he does vs the Seattles of the NFL.

Other than Murray, not many backs had success against Seattle. Dallas has the best line in the NFL. Gore and Hyde were both succeeding in Seattle before they both got hurt. Everything sucked when Seatle came down here. EVERYTHING

Harbaugh changed the culture by bringing in an assured confidence. He couldn't sustain that confidence within the team because he was either unwilling or unable to adapt his offense to the adjustments defense made to stop it. Joe Staley is a loyal guy. When he calls your scheme "dumb" during the season, you've been screwing up.

That's an assumption that Joe Staley was taking a jab at Harbaugh and not Greg Roman. These are also the same "dumb schemes" that have led Joe Staley to his only Pro-Bowls.

We had A LOT of serious injuries last year. Due to the contract fiasco, people are quick to burn Vernon Davis at the stake for his performance last year, but truth of the matter is he was playing injured all year long. No other player on our offense commanded doubles teams or took the top off the D, so this is gonna impact us majorly in a negative way. Crabtree also seemed to be dealing with a lingering injury, and our starting OL rarely was on the field all at once.

Even with all the injury problems.... we were about 3-5 plays away from being 11-5 last year (Bears game, Rams game, Chargers).

Can't just win every close game in the NFL and the injury bug WILL get every team at some point. I think the "regression" to 8-8 is blown out of proportion, the difference between '11-12 was that we lost some of the close games we normally win.

Kind of off topic, but it's funny to me how much heat Harbaugh gets for an 8-8 campaign with a couple close losses and how nobody even questions the pathetic D that Sean Payton puts on the field for a 7 win campaign.
Originally posted by LowerTheBoom:

Harbaugh changed the culture by bringing in an assured confidence. He couldn't sustain that confidence within the team because he was either unwilling or unable to adapt his offense to the adjustments defense made to stop it. Joe Staley is a loyal guy. When he calls your scheme "dumb" during the season, you've been screwing up.

That's an assumption that Joe Staley was taking a jab at Harbaugh and not Greg Roman. These are also the same "dumb schemes" that have led Joe Staley to his only Pro-Bowls.

We had A LOT of serious injuries last year. Due to the contract fiasco, people are quick to burn Vernon Davis at the stake for his performance last year, but truth of the matter is he was playing injured all year long. No other player on our offense commanded doubles teams or took the top off the D, so this is gonna impact us majorly in a negative way. Crabtree also seemed to be dealing with a lingering injury, and our starting OL rarely was on the field all at once.

Even with all the injury problems.... we were about 3-5 plays away from being 11-5 last year (Bears game, Rams game, Chargers).

Can't just win every close game in the NFL and the injury bug WILL get every team at some point. I think the "regression" to 8-8 is blown out of proportion, the difference between '11-12 was that we lost some of the close games we normally win.

Kind of off topic, but it's funny to me how much heat Harbaugh gets for an 8-8 campaign with a couple close losses and how nobody even questions the pathetic D that Sean Payton puts on the field for a 7 win campaign.

Their owner is an adult who worked for everything he earned so he understands and appreciates hard work and s**t happens at times and doesn't take things for granted.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Their owner is an adult who worked for everything he earned so he understands and appreciates hard work and s**t happens at times and doesn't take things for granted.

Yeah they've got an owner who doesn't seem to bat an eye when his head coach allows the DC to run annual bounty campaigns

We had not so many injuries on the O last year. I don't think you can blame the dismal performances on injuries.
Other than Murray, not many backs had success against Seattle. Dallas has the best line in the NFL. Gore and Hyde were both succeeding in Seattle before they both got hurt. Everything sucked when Seatle came down here. EVERYTHING

I think Jamaal Charles did well but SEA did play some lockdown defense again
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Im sorry but, I find it hard to believe that ay owner in the league actually works hard. Maybe in the general sense but, actual hard work I doubt it. To pretend these other guys weren't just like Jed 20 years ago is silly. They are all sitting on old money earned by their parents. Doesn't necessarily make them bad people.
Killion: To get Super Bowl ring, Gore might need to leave Niners

"I don't think his best chance is with the 49ers. I could be wrong, but many who aren't either on the 49ers' payroll or blinded by a fan's devotion to the team share my opinion."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/Killion-To-get-Super-Bowl-ring-Gore-might-need-6111076.php?t=ce1f2a6bacda9fb8e6&cmpid=twitter-premium
Originally posted by slowriot:
Killion: To get Super Bowl ring, Gore might need to leave Niners

"I don't think his best chance is with the 49ers. I could be wrong, but many who aren't either on the 49ers' payroll or blinded by a fan's devotion to the team share my opinion."

http://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/article/Killion-To-get-Super-Bowl-ring-Gore-might-need-6111076.php?t=ce1f2a6bacda9fb8e6&cmpid=twitter-premium

Probably her best article I've read from her. It's 100% true as well. Gore should lookout for himself and find a team that is closest to go to the Super Bowl. No way it's us. He has done enough for us and we couldn't deliver. I'll be cheering for him where ever he goes.
Share 49ersWebzone