LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I never doubted Frank. I text my brother right before the game that he was gonna bust out.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I never doubted Frank. I text my brother right before the game that he was gonna bust out.

hope the rest of the team understand that 28 is the age for RB's

do it for Gore this season!!
"A lot of guys struggle with retention of what you're coaching," Rathman said. "It takes them a period of time to learn it, maybe six months, maybe two months, maybe a month, maybe a week. Frank, you can tell him something one time, and it doesn't come up till Week 11, and it had not been addressed or emphasized from Week 1 to 11, and he'll know exactly what it is."

"He was trying to show we were going to outwork everybody that was there," he said. "Frank was like, 'Don't you bend over and grab your knees; don't you quit. We're going to show them what's the difference between a 49er and the rest of the league.' "

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/15/SPJ11LI715.DTL#ixzz1axNtHnhm

great article at the Chron by Gwen Knapp. Also has some really interesting stuff about Denise York being close to Frank. Get this man into the playoffs!
Originally posted by HessianDud:
"A lot of guys struggle with retention of what you're coaching," Rathman said. "It takes them a period of time to learn it, maybe six months, maybe two months, maybe a month, maybe a week. Frank, you can tell him something one time, and it doesn't come up till Week 11, and it had not been addressed or emphasized from Week 1 to 11, and he'll know exactly what it is."

"He was trying to show we were going to outwork everybody that was there," he said. "Frank was like, 'Don't you bend over and grab your knees; don't you quit. We're going to show them what's the difference between a 49er and the rest of the league.' "

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/15/SPJ11LI715.DTL#ixzz1axNtHnhm

great article at the Chron by Gwen Knapp. Also has some really interesting stuff about Denise York being close to Frank. Get this man into the playoffs!

Now that is a nice article. One for every critic of the Yorks to read.
Also has some really interesting stuff about Denise York being close to Frank.
[ Edited by YungAce on Oct 16, 2011 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Now that is a nice article. One for every critic of the Yorks to read.

yeah, i was really surprised. i always assumed that Denise didn't have anything to do with the team whatsoever, especially now with Jed taking over. It's pretty touching.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Also has some really interesting stuff about Denise York being close to Frank.

lulz
Bump!

Gore taking care of business just as he always has.

Thankfully, the rest of the team is doing their part as well for a change.

Go on Frank and nab that 49ers all-time leading rusher record en route to what we all hope will be your first postseason experience!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Frank Gore relates to long suffering fans

Now that 49ers running back Frank Gore is contributing to a winning team, he's acting like a different person. In his previous six seasons in San Francisco, Gore rarely cracked a smile. Often, he seemed down right morose. No longer, Gore smiles, he jokes, he laughs.

Gore also feels a kinship with the long-suffering. He mentions his relationship with quarterback Alex Smith and guard Adam Snyder, two players that were part of his 2005 draft class and how great they all feel now with the 49ers at 6-1.

Gore also shares a sense of revival with another group – the fans. "The fans, they are happy and I'm happy for them," Gore said Monday. "There's been some rough years and they've always been there and now we're doing something really great for them."

Link...

its interesting to hear him say that he is being "less selfish" this year. Dude has always been the epitome of a selfless, team player.

Favorite. Player. Ever.
Originally posted by VDSF:

Now that 49ers running back Frank Gore is contributing to a winning team, he's acting like a different person. In his previous six seasons in San Francisco, Gore rarely cracked a smile. Often, he seemed down right morose. No longer, Gore smiles, he jokes, he laughs.

Gore also feels a kinship with the long-suffering. He mentions his relationship with quarterback Alex Smith and guard Adam Snyder, two players that were part of his 2005 draft class and how great they all feel now with the 49ers at 6-1.

Gore also shares a sense of revival with another group – the fans. "The fans, they are happy and I'm happy for them," Gore said Monday. "There's been some rough years and they've always been there and now we're doing something really great for them."

Link...

I was very touched at his mention of the fans too. One thing I noticed the last game was his patience at hitting holes and setting up his blocks, then that burst through. Don't think I've ever seen him run better or smarter. Can you imagine the Frank from college days when he also had elite speed, before the knee problems/operations? With his experience, knowledge, quickness and judgement, add that speed and I shudder to think.... Still, the Frank we got is plenty good and many teams would kill for a back like him. Couldn't ask for a better 9'er!
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by VDSF:

Link...

I was very touched at his mention of the fans too. One thing I noticed the last game was his patience at hitting holes and setting up his blocks, then that burst through. Don't think I've ever seen him run better or smarter. Can you imagine the Frank from college days when he also had elite speed, before the knee problems/operations? With his experience, knowledge, quickness and judgement, add that speed and I shudder to think.... Still, the Frank we got is plenty good and many teams would kill for a back like him. Couldn't ask for a better 9'er!

if Frank had never had the knee surgeries, the lead-up to the 2005 draft would have been "who should the Niners take #1 overall: Alex Smith? Aaron Rodgers? Braylon Edwards? Frank Gore?" He would have been a Dolphin or a Brown...if we didn't take him at 1.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
The one reason why I stuck to being a niner fan was you Frank Gore.

Thank you!
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
I appreciate Frank.

Nice 800
Share 49ersWebzone