There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Frank looking good in his first practice.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Personally speaking, Frank Gore is my favorite player to join the Niners since Jerry Rice. Sure I've liked other players since Jerry, but Gore is something else. Perhaps it was because he was our first skill position (or any position) pro-bowl player to come through since 2002. Maybe it's that the guy gives 200% on the field every time he's there. Maybe it's because he owned the league in 2006. Maybe it's because he's always striving to get better. Or maybe it's because he's been to hell and back (2 reconstructive knee surgeries before his pro career and the loss of his mother during it) and still keeps fighting.

Look, I'm aware that P. Willis is an amazing talent and is considered the best player on our team bar-none. He, like Gore, has faced tremendous adversity and has since fought through it to become the best ILB in the game. I don't deny that and I'm a huge fan of Willis. But Gore was the first player in years to come along and give Niner fans something to cheer about. Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt). Bottomline, this guy came in during our darkest time and hasn't complained one bit. He's what makes our offense tick and humbly performs year in and year out; playing through injuries and all.

This thread is nothing more than a tribute to Frank Gore. A truly admirable player who gives it his all year in and year out; through all the coaching changes, adversity and losing seasons. Here's to hoping that an improved passing game and complementary r-back gives Frank the help he so richly deserves to be the deadly player he is.



#21
Bump!


Glad I started this thread 2 years ago. It's coming in handy right now.
For anyone that thinks extending Gore (especially when it's an ideal 3 year deal, that they should have given him all along) is a mistake you're crazy.
I understand that he's nearing 30 but I can really see 2-3 more strong years out of him. Especially if they work Hunter into the mix more from here on out.
He's a class act, humble and one of the most likable players out there. The organization owes a great deal to this guy. He's never complained about the s**t they've surrounded him with his WHOLE career, and he's never given less than his best effort.

#21
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Personally speaking, Frank Gore is my favorite player to join the Niners since Jerry Rice. Sure I've liked other players since Jerry, but Gore is something else. Perhaps it was because he was our first skill position (or any position) pro-bowl player to come through since 2002. Maybe it's that the guy gives 200% on the field every time he's there. Maybe it's because he owned the league in 2006. Maybe it's because he's always striving to get better. Or maybe it's because he's been to hell and back (2 reconstructive knee surgeries before his pro career and the loss of his mother during it) and still keeps fighting.

Look, I'm aware that P. Willis is an amazing talent and is considered the best player on our team bar-none. He, like Gore, has faced tremendous adversity and has since fought through it to become the best ILB in the game. I don't deny that and I'm a huge fan of Willis. But Gore was the first player in years to come along and give Niner fans something to cheer about. Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt). Bottomline, this guy came in during our darkest time and hasn't complained one bit. He's what makes our offense tick and humbly performs year in and year out; playing through injuries and all.

This thread is nothing more than a tribute to Frank Gore. A truly admirable player who gives it his all year in and year out; through all the coaching changes, adversity and losing seasons. Here's to hoping that an improved passing game and complementary r-back gives Frank the help he so richly deserves to be the deadly player he is.



#21
Bump!


Glad I started this thread 2 years ago. It's coming in handy right now.
For anyone that thinks extending Gore (especially when it's an ideal 3 year deal, that they should have given him all along) is a mistake you're crazy.
I understand that he's nearing 30 but I can really see 2-3 more strong years out of him. Especially if they work Hunter into the mix more from here on out.
He's a class act, humble and one of the most likable players out there. The organization owes a great deal to this guy. He's never complained about the s**t they've surrounded him with his WHOLE career, and he's never given less than his best effort.

#21

Like I said in other threads.....weve "Barry Sanders" his career....the least we could do is give him a contract that would show apprecioation for his efforts.....Im glad we did though.....
Originally posted by susweel:
The chances of Frank getting any kind of extension here are slim and none. Dont be surprised if Frank gets really frustrated by the lack of negotiations.

lulz












though i guess you were right that he would get frustrated.
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Like I said in other threads.....weve "Barry Sanders" his career....the least we could do is give him a contract that would show apprecioation for his efforts.....Im glad we did though.....

Barry Sanders is a great example, but as embarrassing as this is to say, even Barry got to six playoff games (only won like one of them).

Gore has yet to play in a single one. That's fvcking sickening. After all he's done. He could very well end up being the 49ers all-time leading rusher, they better damn well get him some post season success.
Excellent for both parties involved. I am so glad we didnt low ball this man because of the so called injury history and Cheapness of our fans when it comes to resigning the Best thing we've had in 10 yrs.
f**k yeah frankie you da man
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Excellent for both parties involved. I am so glad we didnt low ball this man because of the so called injury history and Cheapness of our fans when it comes to resigning the Best thing we've had in 10 yrs.

Quite honestly its this sort of mentality that ruins teams. You don't resign a guy because he has been our best player in 10 years, you sign him because you feel he will make a positive to team regardless of tenure.
wait...so we don't want to trade him anymore?
Originally posted by Aussie49er:
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Excellent for both parties involved. I am so glad we didnt low ball this man because of the so called injury history and Cheapness of our fans when it comes to resigning the Best thing we've had in 10 yrs.


Quite honestly its this sort of mentality that ruins teams. You don't resign a guy because he has been our best player in 10 years, you sign him because you feel he will make a positive to team regardless of tenure.

Agree. Congrats to Frank Gore
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 28,884
Well deserved contract, should have gotten more but whatever - I'm so happy that he is here for another few years.

Thank God our GM wasn't one of the idiots who wanted him traded for a 3rd rounder.
Great contract. Dude wasn't greedy obviously, just wanted security.
Best back in Niners history, and there have been some great ones!
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Best back in Niners history, and there have been some great ones!

Considering the talent around him...by far the best back. This is one argument stats will not show.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Considering the talent around him...by far the best back. This is one argument stats will not show.

If he has a typical Gore year he will become the niners all time rushing leader this year.