LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I hope Gore goes off in this game AND tweaks his ankle in final seconds of the game (at first it appears serious, but ends up minor).

With the new injury, Baalke will definitely re-sign Gore immediately after the game!!

Baalke would have drafted Gore in the 1st round. He goes crazy over just one bad knee, Gore had 2

So, all he really has to do is just tell Baalke his knees and ankles are banged up after the game...

Baalke will give him almost anything he asks for in a deal!!

Will be a Niner for lyfe with that approach
Personally I think Gore will not ask for huge contract. He is the ultimate team player, he wants to win the Lomabrdi in our house next year.
[ Edited by JeuSF49 on Dec 26, 2014 at 4:24 AM ]
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Sounds like he's coming back

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/26/frank-gore-excited-about-future-of-49ers-and-his-own/
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/26/frank-gore-excited-about-future-of-49ers-and-his-own/
why would he come back, we are going to suck for ten years
That's good news.
Originally posted by cciowa:

why would he come back, we are going to suck for ten years

If he's excited to come back that means he probably knows who the HC is too and is happy with it!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I wish for him to be back, as an Otis Anderson type of player.. . let the team start Carlos Hyde and let Gore be the sub..
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wish for him to be back, as an Otis Anderson type of player.. . let the team start Carlos Hyde and let Gore be the sub..

you still think gore can no longer do the job do you
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I hope Gore goes off in this game AND tweaks his ankle in final seconds of the game (at first it appears serious, but ends up minor).

With the new injury, Baalke will definitely re-sign Gore immediately after the game!!

Baalke would have drafted Gore in the 1st round. He goes crazy over just one bad knee, Gore had 2

So, all he really has to do is just tell Baalke his knees and ankles are banged up after the game...

Baalke will give him almost anything he asks for in a deal!!

Will be a Niner for lyfe with that approach

Now we're talking
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 9moon:

you still think gore can no longer do the job do you

you still think 9moon is not on cloud 9, do you?

• DeUh
  • Veteran

Here Is The Full Interview By Mindi Bach

Mindi Bach: On Monday, Trent Baalke came to you in the weight room and said, 'We want you back'. What was that conversation like?

Frank Gore: We were just talking about football, and basically, he was saying, 'Next year we gotta do this, we gotta do that.' So I said, 'Well, I'm going to be here next year then?" He said, 'Yeah, I want you back here next year.'

MB: Did you have a sense before that point the 49ers wanted you back?

FG: I didn't really think about it because it's more of the business, and in my position, I'm 31, and they have younger guys here who have a bright future in front of them. I thought about, just go out there and show them that I can play football still. I can still be a top guy in this league. That's how I took it.

MB: Do you think that game against San Diego convinced him?

FG: I won't say that. You watch film from this year you'll see I still can play. This year has just been an off year for us. A lot of injuries that killed us. In the San Diego game, that's the first time our O-line played a full game together. I think that's why we had a good game on the ground.

MB: There are probably going to be a lot of coaching changes and changes in general with this team next season. Do you need to see how that shakes out first before you decide for sure you want to return?

FG: I want to be a Niner. Like I said before, it's all I know. I've been here since I was 21; 21-year-old, like a kid. I know there will be changes, but I think the guys at the key positions, that's what matters. Next year, I think Kap will get back to himself. Anquan Boldin will come back. Stevie Johnson is still under contract. Vernon Davis is still under contract. Joe Staley, Anthony Davis. I look at Patrick Willis will be back, NaVorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, for the season. So I think the guys at the key spots are good enough for me to say, 'Yeah, I want to be back.'

MB: This is the first time in your career you will be a free agent and you can test the waters and see what's out there. Is there any temptation to see what other teams will offer?

FG: I'll sit and talk with my agent and let him do what he thinks is best. But my first priority is I want to be a Niner. I've been here ten years. The organization has been great to me. The fans, they've been here when I was down. And these last three years when we were up they've been here. It's been a great ten years here. My first priority is I want to see what the Niners say.

MB: Does your role need to be defined in that contract?

FG: My role?

MB: Like you said, there's young talent here.

FG: I feel if they want us to compete for the job, let's do it. I'm not scared to do that. Let's do it. I know I still can play the game. As long as God, he's got me healthy, I'm going to be Frank Gore.

MB: If my research is correct, you are the oldest running back to start every game this season. You have Steven Jackson by a couple of months. What has allowed you to be at this level for 10 years, make all these starts and approach your eighth season with possibly 1,000 yards rushing?

FG: The way I hit the offseason. I train very hard in Miami. The coaches do a great job with me here. I have to give some credit to my weight room coach here, Coach Uye. [Mark Uyeyama] During the week, he really helps me during the week, lifting and making sure, just how to take step by step each week. Building my weight to the end of the season and also through the postseason.

MB: Justin Smith has said he will know when it's time for him to walk away. Will you know?

FG: Yeah, you'll know. I think I would know during the offseason. During the offseason when I'm trying to train and you are training with younger guys, I think you'll have a clue, 'Hey, I can't do this no more.' That's what I do every offseason to keep myself honest. I train with a bunch of young guys who are at the same position as I play. If I feel like I'm looking better or am keeping up with them, hey, I'm going to be fine.

MB: You have already talked about the injuries, but what was missing on this offense this year or was it just the injuries?

FG: I would say injuries. Your O-line, we've got one guy missing here. The right tackle missed, what, 12 games? It's hard to be the same. Even though you want the backup to come
in and step in and be OK, it's not the same. Out of a good backup you can get a game or two playing good ball, but if you want to be the team you've always been, you've got to have your guys in there. I think that's what really hurt us this year.

MB: What do you want for Christmas?

FG: I just want to finish this off right. Arizona, they're in the postseason. I just want to finish out right and show the fans that we still can play ball here. It's been a down year, but we can still play football. We're still a physical team. We still can be a top team and to win this game and build on something for next year.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/exclusive-gore-next-year-kap-will-get-back-himself

Awesome.
Originally posted by DeUh:

Mindi Bach: On Monday, Trent Baalke came to you in the weight room and said, 'We want you back'. What was that conversation like?

Frank Gore: We were just talking about football, and basically, he was saying, 'Next year we gotta do this, we gotta do that.' So I said, 'Well, I'm going to be here next year then?" He said, 'Yeah, I want you back here next year.'

MB: Did you have a sense before that point the 49ers wanted you back?

FG: I didn't really think about it because it's more of the business, and in my position, I'm 31, and they have younger guys here who have a bright future in front of them. I thought about, just go out there and show them that I can play football still. I can still be a top guy in this league. That's how I took it.

MB: Do you think that game against San Diego convinced him?

FG: I won't say that. You watch film from this year you'll see I still can play. This year has just been an off year for us. A lot of injuries that killed us. In the San Diego game, that's the first time our O-line played a full game together. I think that's why we had a good game on the ground.

MB: There are probably going to be a lot of coaching changes and changes in general with this team next season. Do you need to see how that shakes out first before you decide for sure you want to return?

FG: I want to be a Niner. Like I said before, it's all I know. I've been here since I was 21; 21-year-old, like a kid. I know there will be changes, but I think the guys at the key positions, that's what matters. Next year, I think Kap will get back to himself. Anquan Boldin will come back. Stevie Johnson is still under contract. Vernon Davis is still under contract. Joe Staley, Anthony Davis. I look at Patrick Willis will be back, NaVorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, for the season. So I think the guys at the key spots are good enough for me to say, 'Yeah, I want to be back.'

MB: This is the first time in your career you will be a free agent and you can test the waters and see what's out there. Is there any temptation to see what other teams will offer?

FG: I'll sit and talk with my agent and let him do what he thinks is best. But my first priority is I want to be a Niner. I've been here ten years. The organization has been great to me. The fans, they've been here when I was down. And these last three years when we were up they've been here. It's been a great ten years here. My first priority is I want to see what the Niners say.

MB: Does your role need to be defined in that contract?

FG: My role?

FG: I feel if they want us to compete for the job, let's do it. I'm not scared to do that. Let's do it. I know I still can play the game. As long as God, he's got me healthy, I'm going to be Frank Gore.

MB: If my research is correct, you are the oldest running back to start every game this season. You have Steven Jackson by a couple of months. What has allowed you to be at this level for 10 years, make all these starts and approach your eighth season with possibly 1,000 yards rushing?

FG: The way I hit the offseason. I train very hard in Miami. The coaches do a great job with me here. I have to give some credit to my weight room coach here, Coach Uye. [Mark Uyeyama] During the week, he really helps me during the week, lifting and making sure, just how to take step by step each week. Building my weight to the end of the season and also through the postseason.

MB: Justin Smith has said he will know when it's time for him to walk away. Will you know?

FG: Yeah, you'll know. I think I would know during the offseason. During the offseason when I'm trying to train and you are training with younger guys, I think you'll have a clue, 'Hey, I can't do this no more.' That's what I do every offseason to keep myself honest. I train with a bunch of young guys who are at the same position as I play. If I feel like I'm looking better or am keeping up with them, hey, I'm going to be fine.

MB: You have already talked about the injuries, but what was missing on this offense this year or was it just the injuries?

FG: I would say injuries. Your O-line, we've got one guy missing here. The right tackle missed, what, 12 games? It's hard to be the same. Even though you want the backup to come
in and step in and be OK, it's not the same. Out of a good backup you can get a game or two playing good ball, but if you want to be the team you've always been, you've got to have your guys in there. I think that's what really hurt us this year.

MB: What do you want for Christmas?

FG: I just want to finish this off right. Arizona, they're in the postseason. I just want to finish out right and show the fans that we still can play ball here. It's been a down year, but we can still play football. We're still a physical team. We still can be a top team and to win this game and build on something for next year.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/exclusive-gore-next-year-kap-will-get-back-himself

And this is the guy some want to get rid of? I'm with the youth movement and all, but I want Carlos Hyde, Kendall Hunter, and Duke Johnson (hoping beyond hope) to get some of that to rub off on them.

FG: I feel if they want us to compete for the job, let's do it. I'm not scared to do that. Let's do it.

Frank ain't scared
[ Edited by znk916 on Dec 27, 2014 at 12:45 AM ]

This should make fans happy. The GM going right to the heart of the offense and telling him he is wanted and that he is going to do this and that to right this ship. This is a FO that had a pulse on the players, the locker room and the fans.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone