There are 200 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He proved last night that he still has it. No need to drop a player still producing like that.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Gore is a hall of famer. The best blocking RB I have ever seen. Still shifty. Still powerful. Never fast but gutsy, gutsy, gutsy. Guy is going to hit 1,000 this year at 31.

Sign him. Please have him retire a 49er. He has been the heart and soul of this team for a decade.

Sentimental. Billichik wouldn't think twice about Tom Brady finishing in another uniform. He'd tell him good luck. That's
part of why he wins in this business. This finish your whole career in one uniform is a fantasy for todays pro athlete. I'd like
Gore to finish his career here but the time has come. If he's not remembered as a hall of famer to this point he never will
be. Stats don't make you a hall of famer although they are an indicator of how great you were. Barry Sanders is a HOF guy
just by seeing what he did. Not just the yards he racked up. Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen are HOF guys by just seeing what they did.
They were amazing. Frank was awesome but I don't think he's worthy of Canton.

Really? There are 20 guys to ever play this game that have rushed for more yards. He holds every major rushing record for one of the most storied franchises in NFL history. He is an underrated receiver and a fantastic blocker. Is he a first ballot guy? No. But If he doesn't make the HOF something is wrong.

And it's not sentimental. Guy still can play. Besides, since Gore entered the league in 2005 Belichick has as many SBs as Gore. So it ain't like what that dude does is gospel.
Crazy through all this drama almost every player has checked in except Gore. He was running like we're still in the playoff hunt!

Gonna miss Frank
I was trying to think of my fair it's frank gore moment. Oddly, they all happen against Seattle. The two 70 yard runs he had in his early years or the run he had last year against them at home that sealed the win for us.

I'm really going to miss 21. I hoe they resign him, but I'm sure they will let him walk and try to get on another contender like the patriots or go home to Miami dilphins.

We'll see...maybe they decide on a 2 year deal today with his homies....
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
I was trying to think of my fair it's frank gore moment. Oddly, they all happen against Seattle. The two 70 yard runs he had in his early years or the run he had last year against them at home that sealed the win for us.

I'm really going to miss 21. I hoe they resign him, but I'm sure they will let him walk and try to get on another contender like the patriots or go home to Miami dilphins.

We'll see...maybe they decide on a 2 year deal today with his homies....

Other Frank Gore moments:

Against Seattle early in his career (might've been '06) where half the team tackled him and he wouldn't go down.

My personal favorite, wish I could find this one on video. against the Raiders in '10 when we started 0-5 and were desperate for a win, I remember he literally carried Michael Huff on his back for like 5+ yds to get a first down.

@Eagles in '11, Frank couldn't practice all week on a busted ankle, coming off a broken hip and started the season awful with like a 2.5 ypc through 3 games. Eagles had the 'dream team' offseason and were considered SB contenders. I think Hunter started, but Frank came in and went for 40 yds on his first carry and dominated the entire game, including the go ahead TD. Harbs always refers back to this game when he talks about Frank being a hall of famer and a 'mystical man'

Best for last
Ryan Maquiñana ‏@RMaq28
1 thing I left out of the Gore story(not enough room). Asked him for his fav highlight as a pro. It was this:

The backstory.
However, Rathman, whose run-first Nebraska team lost a national championship to glitzy Miami in the 1984 Orange Bowl, wasn't impressed: Dude, don't you want to block?

"He challenged me. He called me soft: 'Oh, you're from Miami,'" Gore said. "I don't know what kind of bad experience he had with Miami players, but he was going at me hard, man. And I'm a competitive guy. And I respect Tom. I'm glad he came into my career when he did because I think that was the perfect time. I think he's a big part of my success and why I'm still going."

One of Gore's first chances to prove his grit to Rathman came during a joint training-camp practice with the Raiders in 2009. Gore treated the one-on-one pass blocking drills pitting the 49ers running backs and Raiders linebackers like the Super Bowl. At one point, Rathman had to separate Gore from Oakland's Kirk Morrison (see video).

Gore admitted he was initially ticked off by Rathman's assessment.

"Yeah, at first, I was like 'Man, this guy,'" Gore said. "We went to practice against Oakland and I was going to show him that I wasn't soft."
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/03/once-soft-gore-credits-rathman-for-mid-career-change/
  • TyCore
  • Veteran
My sole purpose of watching this game will be to see Gore hit the 1000 yard mark.
Baalke: 49ers want Gore back next season

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-49ers-want-gore-back-next-season

SANTA CLARA – Running back Frank Gore, for the first time in his 10-year career, has a contract that is set to expire after his next game.

So is it possible fans who come to Levi's Stadium on Sunday will be watching Gore for the final time in a 49ers uniform?

"We sure hope not," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke told CSNBayArea.com on Tuesday in his office overlooking the team's practice field.

Baalke informed Gore during a talk in the weight room Monday that the 49ers want Gore back for his 11th season, Baalke said. The 49ers have yet to make a formal contract offer to Gore, who is scheduled for unrestricted free agency.

"He understands what he means to this organization," Baalke said. "He would certainly like to be back, and we would certainly like to have him back. Now, whether we can make that a reality or not, time will tell."

The 49ers invested a second-round pick this year in running back Carlos Hyde. The team also recently agreed to an extension with Kendall Hunter, who missed this season with a knee injury. Gore has earned $6.45 million in each of the past two seasons. Baalke declined to reveal any specifics of the contract the 49ers are expected to offer, but it appears likely Gore would have to accept a reduction in salary next season to remain with the 49ers.

"You have to look at the situation," Baalke said. "Frank is going to want to discuss his role, and what that role is going to be moving forward. What is the contract itself going to look like? We can both want each other's company, but to make that happen, there are hurdles that are going to have to be crossed.

"He knows we are interested. We know he is interested. And we're going to see if we can come together at some point. Now isn't the time. I know what's on Frank's mind, and that's finishing this season with a 'W,' and potentially get that 1,000-yard barrier that he covets -- his eighth 1,000-yard season. And that, in and of itself, is yeoman's work."

Gore, the 49ers' all-time leading rusher, enters Sunday's game against the Arizona Cardinals just 38 yards shy of his eighth 1,000-yard season since arriving as a third-round draft pick in 2005. He rushed for 158 yards and a touchdown against the San Diego Chargers – his best game since the 2009 season.

Gore has proved to Baalke this season that he is capable of playing at a high level for at least another season. Gore turns 32 in May.

"I think Saturday showed a lot of people why," Baalke said. "He's still a good football player, and he's certainly meant a lot to this organization both on and off the field.

"In this business, you're always trying to prove you have another year, regardless of what stage you're in as far as your career goes. You're always proving yourself. And, really, the guys who understand that are the guys who have long careers because that's the attitude they bring to the offseason workouts, the in-season preparation and the game itself."

Baalke said Gore has continued value to the 49ers because he still is an elite back in a couple of different areas, including his ability in pass-protection.

"Just as all players get up there in age, they can't do some of the same things that they were able to do when they were younger, but they find ways to compensate," Baalke said. "Frank is still one of the best inside runners, in terms of finding creases and setting up his blocks, as there is in the National Football League. He's always been a tremendously instinctive football player, and he hasn't lost that.

"He offers a unique skill set, in terms of the run game in the National Football League. He understands how to find yards between the tackles. He gets a lot of hidden yardage, makes a lot of plays that aren't necessarily blocked to perfection but, yet, he's able to find that crease. Good running backs make offensive lines look better. And when you have a really good offensive line and a really good running back, really good things happen."

f**king Baalke can't be trusted. He talks out of his ass.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**king Baalke can't be trusted. He talks out of his ass.

tell us how you really feel
Originally posted by znk916:
Other Frank Gore moments:

Against Seattle early in his career (might've been '06) where half the team tackled him and he wouldn't go down.

My personal favorite, wish I could find this one on video. against the Raiders in '10 when we started 0-5 and were desperate for a win, I remember he literally carried Michael Huff on his back for like 5+ yds to get a first down.

@Eagles in '11, Frank couldn't practice all week on a busted ankle, coming off a broken hip and started the season awful with like a 2.5 ypc through 3 games. Eagles had the 'dream team' offseason and were considered SB contenders. I think Hunter started, but Frank came in and went for 40 yds on his first carry and dominated the entire game, including the go ahead TD. Harbs always refers back to this game when he talks about Frank being a hall of famer and a 'mystical man'

Best for last
Ryan Maquiñana ‏@RMaq28
1 thing I left out of the Gore story(not enough room). Asked him for his fav highlight as a pro. It was this:

The backstory.
However, Rathman, whose run-first Nebraska team lost a national championship to glitzy Miami in the 1984 Orange Bowl, wasn't impressed: Dude, don't you want to block?

"He challenged me. He called me soft: 'Oh, you're from Miami,'" Gore said. "I don't know what kind of bad experience he had with Miami players, but he was going at me hard, man. And I'm a competitive guy. And I respect Tom. I'm glad he came into my career when he did because I think that was the perfect time. I think he's a big part of my success and why I'm still going."

One of Gore's first chances to prove his grit to Rathman came during a joint training-camp practice with the Raiders in 2009. Gore treated the one-on-one pass blocking drills pitting the 49ers running backs and Raiders linebackers like the Super Bowl. At one point, Rathman had to separate Gore from Oakland's Kirk Morrison (see video).

Gore admitted he was initially ticked off by Rathman's assessment.

"Yeah, at first, I was like 'Man, this guy,'" Gore said. "We went to practice against Oakland and I was going to show him that I wasn't soft."
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/09/03/once-soft-gore-credits-rathman-for-mid-career-change/

So friggin cool. Such a professional. The run last year against Seattle happened 30 rows in front of me, literally going out of bounds right in front of me. Will never forget that. Thinking of running backs, the greats had signature running styles or moves. Campbell...power. Brown...size and speed. Payton...finishing runs/over the top. Sanders...elusive backfield escapes. Each of those traits almost unique to the player...Frank...finding creases. No one gets smaller through the hole than 21. Legend.

Originally posted by Janitor:
Frank needs 39 yards to move ahead of Warrick Dunn to 20th in all time rushing yards. Out of the 19 who would be ahead of him, 14 are HOFer's.

Dude better make it into the HOF

I'm with you. The discussion has to speculate where he can finish on the all time list. Injury can't be predicted but Let's say he gets to 11,000 this year. that gets him to 20th. If he goes for 639 yards in 2015, that gets him to 15th with Steven Jackson being the X factor, being still active.

Getting into the top ten and passing brown at number 9 at 12,312 is the realistic high water mark. At that point, there is no discussion. This is the territory he can reach...we are watching a living legend. Edgerrin James pathetic career average with 6 man boxes and 3rd and 16 draw plays are keeping him out, IMO.
Originally posted by jbeale49:
I'm with you. The discussion has to speculate where he can finish on the all time list. Injury can't be predicted but Let's say he gets to 11,000 this year. that gets him to 20th. If he goes for 639 yards in 2015, that gets him to 15th with Steven Jackson being the X factor, being still active.

Getting into the top ten and passing brown at number 9 at 12,312 is the realistic high water mark. At that point, there is no discussion. This is the territory he can reach...we are watching a living legend. Edgerrin James pathetic career average with 6 man boxes and 3rd and 16 draw plays are keeping him out, IMO.

I'd be mildly surprised if Steven Jackson gets signed this offseason, his wheels fell off at least two years ago.

No need to hate on Edge, this is his first year of eligibility. He's one of 26 semifinalists thus far, with the 15 finalists decided on Jan 8. Will be very curious to see whether he makes the finalists on the first try because if and when he gets in could end up redefining the standard for future RB inductees. The only guys above Edge are LT and Bettis. LT will be first ballot when he's eligible in 2017. Bettis has been a finalist every year he's been eligible so it's just a matter of time for him.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm
Originally posted by znk916:
I'd be mildly surprised if Steven Jackson gets signed this offseason, his wheels fell off at least two years ago.

No need to hate on Edge, this is his first year of eligibility. He's one of 26 semifinalists thus far, with the 15 finalists decided on Jan 8. Will be very curious to see whether he makes the finalists on the first try because if and when he gets in could end up redefining the standard for future RB inductees. The only guys above Edge are LT and Bettis. LT will be first ballot when he's eligible in 2017. Bettis has been a finalist every year he's been eligible so it's just a matter of time for him.
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rush_yds_career.htm

It's misguided hating, I know. I've been in this discussion a lot lately, having Edge compared to Frank in HOF speculation. In my mind, their similarities end at their alma maters. The rungs to climbing that list are fast and furious to number 9 provided Frank can stay in the league for 2 years. 700 yards a year, he's at 12,400. The only question from their is 1st ballot or not.
Hope they come to a 2yr extension
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Hope they come to a 2yr extension

half a year extension
Share 49ersWebzone