LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
Gore is a hall of famer. The best blocking RB I have ever seen. Still shifty. Still powerful. Never fast but gutsy, gutsy, gutsy. Guy is going to hit 1,000 this year at 31.

Sign him. Please have him retire a 49er. He has been the heart and soul of this team for a decade.

Yep -- even if someone were to believe his skills have diminished (that appears unlikely) -- it's worth keeping guys like Frank around. Not only is he a lifelong Niner (rare), but he is a consummate professional, extremely productive and sets a great example for less tenured players.

Not to mention -- having Gore, Hyde and Hunter on the roster next year would qualify as one of the league's best backfields. It just makes sense.
Gore is one of those players that I want to stick around one or two more years so we can show our appreciation for. That kind of determination that he shows is hard to find. He's inspirational for the team and I think he's still got some excitement left in the tank.
What if Gore and Lynch go to Oakland with Harbaugh next year to team up with Latavius Murray.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
What if Gore and Lynch go to Oakland with Harbaugh next year to team up with Latavius Murray.

Unlike fellow greats that had to retire in another team's uniform i REALLY hope Gore is that exception YORK owes it to him he has been great for a guy who wasnt even suppose to have a career in the NFL what he has done for us & the game of Football is pretty damn impressive being so durable for so many years in my eyes he is & always will be a hall of famer not to mention the GREATEST 49ers running back of All time. Please resign him i dont care if hes not the feature back we all saw last nite he still has some flashes of greatness it might not be on a weekly basis but if u need some tough yards to pick up Gore is your man for the job.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Gore is a hall of famer. The best blocking RB I have ever seen. Still shifty. Still powerful. Never fast but gutsy, gutsy, gutsy. Guy is going to hit 1,000 this year at 31.

Sign him. Please have him retire a 49er. He has been the heart and soul of this team for a decade.

Sentimental. Billichik wouldn't think twice about Tom Brady finishing in another uniform. He'd tell him good luck. That's
part of why he wins in this business. This finish your whole career in one uniform is a fantasy for todays pro athlete. I'd like
Gore to finish his career here but the time has come. If he's not remembered as a hall of famer to this point he never will
be. Stats don't make you a hall of famer although they are an indicator of how great you were. Barry Sanders is a HOF guy
just by seeing what he did. Not just the yards he racked up. Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen are HOF guys by just seeing what they did.
They were amazing. Frank was awesome but I don't think he's worthy of Canton.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I say offer him a 8m 2year deal. If he wants to retire a 49 he will take it.

I think that's reasonable and fair.

LOVE to see it happen.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Sad to see a great game by Frank wasted last night in a loss. He looked like he had turned back the clock, he was even finishing up runs very well, keep him for one more year.
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:
Sentimental. Billichik wouldn't think twice about Tom Brady finishing in another uniform. He'd tell him good luck. That's
part of why he wins in this business. This finish your whole career in one uniform is a fantasy for todays pro athlete. I'd like
Gore to finish his career here but the time has come. If he's not remembered as a hall of famer to this point he never will
be. Stats don't make you a hall of famer although they are an indicator of how great you were. Barry Sanders is a HOF guy
just by seeing what he did. Not just the yards he racked up. Marshall Faulk and Marcus Allen are HOF guys by just seeing what they did.

Bellicheck also wins because he has had no in division competition for about 70% of his tenure. That and his elite video editing prowess. LOL! JK. I do get your point though. Its just that unless we draft another RB in the early rounds Frank can still help us on a team friendly deal
  • Phil
  • Veteran
Gore making it hard for the team to "move on". I still want him around with a lower pay check/restructured contract. Keep him on the roster but also divide the carries more evenly with Gore/Hyde/Hunter. If Hunter can stay healthy and play to the level he has in the past then Hyde/Hunter are the future. Just making that translation point blank in 2015 would be kinda risky.

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by gavindirishmen:

Bellicheck also wins because he has had no in division competition for about 70% of his tenure. That and his elite video editing prowess. LOL! JK. I do get your point though. Its just that unless we draft another RB in the early rounds Frank can still help us on a team friendly deal

I say do both. Sign Frank to a team friendly one or two year deal and draft another running back in the 2nd or 3rd. I think Hyde can handle the load, but there's a lot he could learn from Frank Gore, as well as whatever rookie we may pick up.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Frank needs 39 yards to move ahead of Warrick Dunn to 20th in all time rushing yards. Out of the 19 who would be ahead of him, 14 are HOFer's.

Dude better make it into the HOF
I think Gore lost a step

Im just trying to cheer myself up by making jokes.
Damn this season
Originally posted by Janitor:
Frank needs 39 yards to move ahead of Warrick Dunn to 20th in all time rushing yards. Out of the 19 who would be ahead of him, 14 are HOFer's.

He should get the 39 easily in the next game, [I hope
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Janitor:

He should get the 39 easily in the next game, [I hope

not easy at all, Arizona's run D is no joke, he has 19 carries for only 24 yds in his last two games combined against them
Share 49ersWebzone