LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 273 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Gore needs to teach Hyde to run lower and not take so many big hits. Hyde runs with no regard for his own health. That has to change
Omg... now bashing on Frank
As cheap as RBs are getting and as great as a RB draft is coming up, I'm mot sure what team's gonna pay more than a million or 2 for a 31-year-old Gore. I could see him re-signing. I'd still want 'em to draft a RB though. That'd mean they have fewer players at other position(s). Maybe keep one less OLB & one less WR?
I don't think Frank is going to re-sign with us. Given the fact that his touches are slowly going to Hyde, and we probably won't offer him a great deal of money. I could see finishing his career with a 2-3yr deal in Miami or Tampa.
He still has great vision, arguably the best in the league. It alows him to make something out of nothing amd that is something hyde hasnt developed yet. I think he comes back for one more year because I honestly think we will need him to.
speaking of letting RB's go a year earlier than late. Steven Jackson.
It is really painful to say this, but Gore is regressing before our very eyes. Last season started good for Frank, but as the season dragged along, so did he. Same thing this season, except he is slowing down much earlier in the season. The man is 31 yrs old. The laws of physics don't allow a man to take that kind of a beating year in year out, and still deliver the type of production we need for a Super Bowl run. I really hate to say it but I'm good with letting Frank walk if it means bouncing back from his void sooner than later. We draft another RB, TE, OL, MLB, and we might keep this thing going.
Gore will be fine tomorrow , he didn't take any big shots on sunday , and he didn't get a ton of carries, yes he had a below average performance, but Harbaugh and Roman obviously saved him for the Seahwaks, which explains why Hyde got a little more work, I expect our backs to be very effective
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
No Way Gore is coming back. 49ers already projected to be over the salary cap by atleast $4million

just because you wish it,, does not mean its going to happen
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
No Way Gore is coming back. 49ers already projected to be over the salary cap by atleast $4million

just because you wish it,, does not mean its going to happen

• vaden
  • Veteran
I'm hoping Gore can get to 11,000 yards this season, crack the all-time top 20 and retire as a 49er. Yes, he could still chug on for a couple more years but he'll probably have to do it for another team and he should consider his long-term health.
Originally posted by prime21:
It is really painful to say this, but Gore is regressing before our very eyes. Last season started good for Frank, but as the season dragged along, so did he. Same thing this season, except he is slowing down much earlier in the season. The man is 31 yrs old. The laws of physics don't allow a man to take that kind of a beating year in year out, and still deliver the type of production we need for a Super Bowl run. I really hate to say it but I'm good with letting Frank walk if it means bouncing back from his void sooner than later. We draft another RB, TE, OL, MLB, and we might keep this thing going.

You're right, but look at how Gore is used. Truth be told, I wouldn't let Frank Gore get more than 15 carries in any one game unless he is just looking phenomenal. I'd utilize Gore more in the passing game to get him his touches. I think mixing up how we get the ball in his hands can keep him effective while we gradually increase the number of carries Carlos Hyde gets as the season wears on. Of course, this strategy should've been implemented from week 1 then we'd know exactly if Hyde can take over (the talent is obviously there).

I'd still draft a back, but if we adopted this strategy, it would give us a better idea of which direction we need to go in when taking a running back in next years draft. Do we have to have a Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon or are we good with a Duke Johnson/Ameer Abdullah, or some of the lower tiered running backs.

Frank is too old, no burst left
edit: forgot to put in these relax cc
[ Edited by znk916 on Nov 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by znk916:

Frank is too old, no burst left
while you are at it in your cherry picking world, why don't you show the cut where he lowered his head and got the huge first down on fourth down, without that we would be setting around playing checkers waiting for next year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
oh and to piggy back onto what a pissed off cc said,,,,, at the same time maybe you can find some time to rip stupid ass f**king vernon davis for his lame attempt to block,, jim brown would have been stopped in the backfield on that b******t pathetic excuse for blocking
Share 49ersWebzone