LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
Gore is done, and we don't wanna hurt his feelings... so I say, let him start, then give the majority cary to Hyde, then bring Gore from time to time so that he can fresh, and use him to pound the rock inside the 5 yard line..

Gore is done, but up to this point, he still is a better inside runner than Hyde, so just keep him fresh but don't expect him to carry the workload..

WTF, WTF! He just carried the f**king workload today. It sounds more to me like you don't know what you are talking about. Do you understand production per play may go down when you have injuries to your offensive line? It happened with both teams today--so should the Eagles just bench McCoy because he hasn't done s**t all year?

Wow, its no use to explain I feel
Gore is done, and we don't wanna hurt his feelings... so I say, let him start, then give the majority cary to Hyde, then bring Gore from time to time so that he can fresh, and use him to pound the rock inside the 5 yard line..

Gore is done, but up to this point, he still is a better inside runner than Hyde, so just keep him fresh but don't expect him to carry the workload..

You were saying????
Man every time we think he loses a step he picks it right back up. Honestly, I think the lack of carries and Hyde's solid play (although we seem to want to run him into a wall) has sparked him again and he is running harder/better. Maybe I'm wrong but there were times he maybe got complacent with Hunter out and just Dixon/James as backups.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I remember this in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. It never gets old.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

I remember this in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc. It never gets old.

Yup, year after year there's always a few trolls, yahoo's, and so called faithfully who claim frank is done.

Eventually they'll get it right
Not this year though.
Gore is still good.
Gore had 119 yards running... 55 receiving.... Why haven't we learned that when Gore touches the ball we win... When we 6 carry him (last week) we lose!!!!
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Man every time we think he loses a step he picks it right back up. Honestly, I think the lack of carries and Hyde's solid play (although we seem to want to run him into a wall) has sparked him again and he is running harder/better. Maybe I'm wrong but there were times he maybe got complacent with Hunter out and just Dixon/James as backups.

You're obviously bias...

but I do agree. He ran with hunger.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM ]
Also congrats Gore on your first 100 yard game in awhile :)

Originally posted by Florida49ers:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Huego:
Hyde was in there at the end of the game for the last couple drives. I don't know why we didn't use gore more, kap needs to look for him in the flat. Gore is dangerous in the open field. Has Kap EVER passed it to Gore out of the backfield? SERIOUSLY

Thank you. I agree completely. Even Kendall Hunter is dynamite receiving passes but Kaepernick has thrown to him maybe 3 times in 2 years before he got injured. Kaepernick is allergic to passing underneath to running backs. I've been saying this in vain since he entered the league.

Kap isn't the coach or offensive coordinator. Even during the Nolan era, we used to pass to Gore out of the backfield..he was one of the best pass-catching backs in the NFL. Now...Harbaugh and Roman rarely call this play or call screen passes. I wonder if Frank has ever brought this up to them, it's high time someone did.

If anything was proven today, the fact that Gore was Kaepernick's last option on opposite side of the field for the 55 yard catch and run for a TD proved that it's Kaepernick choosing to (or not to most of the time) pass to Gore. That was obviously not a designed play.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Once again dumbass cry fire gore blah blah and once again gore proves everyone that running gore and having him involved wins games period point blank not that hard to understand I don't get the coaches!!

But good job today on defense.

Hyde can learn a lot from gore. Hyde is full of potential but looks like rookie still just let it happen instead of rushing gore out of town.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Gore continues to defy father time, it seems whenever he has a sub par game that might show the end is near he bounces back with a top performance.
Frank Gore, whether he ever holds up the Lombardi trophy or not, will always be a Champion,no matter what .. It will forever haunt me that he wasn't able to score that go ahead TD on the last drive of the SB when he busted loose for 30+
looked washed up today for sure. Gore is Immortal you fools!!!
Share 49ersWebzone