LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 240 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
GET THIS BAD A$$ MOTHERf**kER A GOD DAMNED RING ALREADY GUYS!!!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i love how people are saying "frank is one of my favorite niners" then they go out and trash him
Originally posted by cciowa:
i love how people are saying "frank is one of my favorite niners" then they go out and trash him

Bingo

I know it's not intentional BUT it seems when there is a little positional competition between 2 of our guys people jump allover one of our own players like he's the enemy?

Frank is the Man!

Carlos is his heir apparent.

Each one's play will complement the other on our way to the SUPER BOWL.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by cciowa:

Bingo

I know it's not intentional BUT it seems when there is a little positional competition between 2 of our guys people jump allover one of our own players like he's the enemy?

Frank is the Man!

Carlos is his heir apparent.

Each one's play will complement the other on our way to the SUPER BOWL.

Amen!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
all those years, all those yards for s**tty teams,, he never once moaned or wanted to be released or traded. when was the last time we had a guy play his entire career with us ( i realize that may be premature but i can always hope)? john taylor? i am sure i am missing someone
You know, with the uncertainty around Lattimore's recovery and Hunter out with another major injury plus being a FA, I can see a scenario where we try to keep Frank past this year. I'm pretty sure no one will be rushing to break the bank for a 32 yr old RB so his price shouldn't be that unreasonable.
One thing is for sure, Frank has definitely lost his job on goal line formations. We always had problems punching it in with Frank. Hyde, my opinion, seems to have better short yardage ability. So fluid at getting there.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
As I've said during the pre season... I think that the best way to handle the Gore situation and the transition is to have him start every game, give hime about 10 carries and let him sit in the 2nd and 3rd while Hyde takes over... Come 4th, Gore would still be fresh, and we can sure use his style of running patiently against a very tired defense who dealt w/ the more explosive rookie in Hyde..
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Can we give this guys some love? Our own media guy didn't alert him to his 10,000 yards and as a result, he didn't get that ball. Basically, zero recognition and love from the announcing crew on this historic milestone. Only 29 other RB's in history have reached this mark. This dude is so humble, the ultimate team guy...so much so he didn't even know he broke the record b/c he was so "into the game." Much love Gore!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap3000000392020/In-The-Moment-Terrell-Davis-with-Gore
  • Huego
  • Veteran
Gore is my favorite 49ers player and it's not even close. When being a fan of this team seemed hopeless, Gore was the only bright spot that kept me excited to watch the team play. I really hope they are able to win the super bowl this year for him. I will be really disappointed if Gore retires without a ring. I can't name another player in the league that deserves it more.

I hope the entire team raises their level of play knowing this is most likely Gore's last season as a 49er. Especially the Offensive Line, they need to stop fkning around and step up and reach their potential as the best line in the league.

• Riot
  • Veteran
Man I remember watching this guy his first year coming in for Barlow, could already tell he was something special. Hope he stays in this organization in some capacity for a long time.
Originally posted by Huego:
Gore is my favorite 49ers player and it's not even close. When being a fan of this team seemed hopeless, Gore was the only bright spot that kept me excited to watch the team play. I really hope they are able to win the super bowl this year for him. I will be really disappointed if Gore retires without a ring. I can't name another player in the league that deserves it more.

I hope the entire team raises their level of play knowing this is most likely Gore's last season as a 49er. Especially the Offensive Line, they need to stop fkning around and step up and reach their potential as the best line in the league.

Gore, J Smith & Willis deserve a ring

Couple this with the fact that Peterson won't be seeing any playing time for the possible future; wow Frank, f**king wow. The GREATEST 49er RB in all of 49er history.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This, especially Gore, please Kap put the TEAM ahead of your ego
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

This, especially Gore, please Kap put the TEAM ahead of your ego

Share 49ersWebzone