There are 248 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Can you guys imagine if he never shredded his knees in college? The guy was averaging over 9 yards per carry as a Freshmen and I remember reading that he ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. He has the greatest vision in the NFL and maybe the best vision I have ever seen. Also is the best blocking back in the league. His acceleration and burst through the hole has always been one of the best in the league, along with his ability to read blocks, be patient, and make precise cuts off those blocks.

His first few years in the league, he was also a damn good power back who would truck mofos. I remember his rookie year he came in against the Colts and broke like 5 tackles. I was thinking damn Gore's a beast! His last few years though he hasn't been the same type of power back, but I think that's mostly because he's playing smart and preserving his body and not taking hits and a pounding, which is why I think he still has much more in the tank than people seem to think.

Anyways, he never had great top end speed, but had he not been hurt in college, Gore might have been one of the best backs of all time. He still ran a 4.58 after suffering those injuries and still became the greatest 49er running back of all time though! My favorite player!

Top 5 back ever if no injuries and had his early career with a better team.
Gore is my all time favorite 49er. The guy is all heart. Remember back in the day when he would cry after loses because all the other players didn't even seem to care.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Gore is my all time favorite 49er. The guy is all heart. Remember back in the day when he would cry after loses because all the other players didn't even seem to care.

No Joke, He was there during the dark ages when winning 8 games was lucky
I remember the article when he left the stadium after another loss the other team mates where in the parking lot joking, playing and dancing like losing was normal...
He was the only one that was bummed out and took it hard.
This year we need to Win the Super Bowl for Him and all the Niner Faithful
First person I want to see hoist up that trophy is Frank "The Tank" Gore
Originally posted by Constantine:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

No Joke, He was there during the dark ages when winning 8 games was lucky
I remember the article when he left the stadium after another loss the other team mates where in the parking lot joking, playing and dancing like losing was normal...
He was the only one that was bummed out and took it hard.
This year we need to Win the Super Bowl for Him and all the Niner Faithful
First person I want to see hoist up that trophy is Frank "The Tank" Gore

Yup I remember all that. Gore deserves a ring probably more than anyone in the entire league.
Favorite Frank pic ever!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Favorite Frank pic ever!

LOL nice...........stepping on that dudes head
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Definitely the perfect song for Frank. He has the heart of a champion no doubt. Dude had like 130 yards rushing in the Superbowl. Damn shame we didn't win that game. We'll just have to get him his ring this year! No one on this team deserves it more than Frankie G.

Guys who deserve a ring the most:

1) Gore
2) Willis
3) VD
4) Justin Smith
5) Staley
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Before the Bruce Ellington thread gets derailed even further lets take the Frank Gore talk where it belongs.

This is getting crazy ethan.
Lol at calling Johnson more spectacular than Gore. His talk yes. His production nope.

Your are right that Adrian Peterson is very good and one of the best of our generation. But I would not say that over his career he played in a different league than Frank Gore. Talking about pure running skills I would give Peterson the nod but Gore is the better receiving threat out of the backfield. Both are very good backs.

When talking about a spectacular back., there is only one at this moment and that is Jamaal Charles IMHO.
Yards per season are easily inflatable by Attempts per season. When I look at RB´s I look at Yards per Attempt and Yards per Reception + to put those numbers into perspective their Attempts.

Frank Gore
Career: Rushing Attempts 2187
Y/A 4.6
Y/R 8.4

Chris Johnson
Career: Rushing Attempts 1742
Y/A 4.6
Y/R 7.4

You also claimed that Gore belongs to the middle of the pack when RB´s are mentioned because of his performance last season. Here are the Career numbers of the players who finished before him last season.

Eddie Lacy
Career: Rushing Attempts 284
Y/A 4.1
Y/R 7.3

Ryan Matthews
Career: Rushing Attempts 849
Y/A 4.4
Y/R 7.6

Marshawn Lynch
Career: Rushing Attempts 1753
Y/A 4.2
Y/R 7.6

Adrian Peterson
Career: Rushing Attempts 2033
Y/A 5.0
Y/R 8.2

Alfred Morris
Career: Rushing Attempts 611
Y/A 4.7
Y/R 7.8

Matt Forte
Career: Rushing Attempts 1551
Y/A 4.3
Y/R 8.6

Lesean McCoy
Career: Rushing Attempts 1149
Y/A 4.8
Y/R 7.8

Jamaal Charles who finished 3th. but is the most spectacualar back at this point.
Career: Rushing Attempts 1043
Y/A 5.6
Y/R 8.9

And last but not least here are some all time greats in comparison to Frank Gore in no particular order.

Frank Gore
Career: Rushing Attempts 2187
Y/A 4.6
Y/R 8.4

Emmitt Smith
Career: Rushing Attempts 4409
Y/A 4.2
Y/R 6.3

Eric Dickerson
Career: Rushing Attempts 2996
Y/A 4.4
Y/R 7.6

O.J. Simpson
Career: Rushing Attempts 2404
Y/A 4.7
Y/R 10.6

Walter Peyton
Career: Rushing Attempts 3838
Y/A 4.4
Y/R 9.2

LaDaimian Tomlinson
Career: Rushing Attempts 3174
Y/A 4.3
Y/R 7.6

Barry Sanders
Career: Rushing Attempts 3062
Y/A 5.0
Y/R 8.3

Frank Gore´s career in San Francisco is nothing short of spectacular.
[ Edited by DeUh on Jun 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i love me some frank. EXTEND HIM NAO! 10 MORE YEARS!

Frank recently helping Crab at his youth FB camp in Dallas said he loves all the new additions & competition in the RB corps so f**k you Mike Florio. Nobody cares what you think.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Frank recently helping Crab at his youth FB camp in Dallas said he loves all the new additions & competition in the RB corps so f**k you Mike Florio. Nobody cares what you think.

49ers Studios caught up with the San Francisco 49ers all-time rushing king at Michael Crabtree's football camp. Gore shared his thoughts on the 49ers running backs and how he's preparing for his 10th season.

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Frank-Gore-Carlos-Hyde-is-Doing-a-Great-Job/a5f2578d-8fa7-4ffa-9250-fd8cd41f2985?campaign=social_20140625_26725926
[ Edited by DeUh on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:43 AM ]
^^ DeUh, great stuff man. That list really shows what kind of elite company Frank is in. He is unquestionably one of the better backs from recent memory.

On a side note, how the f**k did Emmitt Smith log 4,400 carries!? That's twice as many as Frank's career. Crazy tread on those tires.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jun 27, 2014 at 12:55 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Frank Gore Explains His Football Mentality.

On RB Situation:
" I respect my boys but it is my time. I feel like its my time. "

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/Frank-Gore-Explains-His-Football-Mentality/e62f26b9-50e3-48a9-aaea-781443bd9878
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
^^ DeUh, great stuff man. That list really shows what kind of elite company Frank is in. He is unquestionably one of the better backs from recent memory.

On a side note, how the f**k did Emmitt Smith log 4,400 carries!? That's twice as many as Frank's career. Crazy tread on those tires.

Yes that´s insane. 15 years as an NFL Running Back . 6 more than Frank at this moment. Maybe there is a lot more to come from Frank ?
Share 49ersWebzone