LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by jimrat:
From SB Nation, was asked what his favorite highlight as a pro

that's fkn awesome. his fav highlight is a preseason blocking drill. FRANK IS DA MAN!

If anybody deserves a Super Bowl ring.........its Mr. Frank Gore.

LaMichael James outta take a look at these. If he wants more playing time, here is how he can get it.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Roman

he does not run gore on second and goal from the five in the super bowl,, but yet he finds time to run him vs nine man fronts and on third and 15 all the time. go figure

you are what you eat... junk can equal junk play calling
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by LVJay:
Roman

he does not run gore on second and goal from the five in the super bowl,, but yet he finds time to run him vs nine man fronts and on third and 15 all the time. go figure

How is Roman still employed?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

He's one of Harbaugh's pets
Originally posted by RicetoYoung:

Better question is how do people on this board still defend him... We should have at least 1 Super Bowl Win out of the past 3 seasons.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Definitely the perfect song for Frank. He has the heart of a champion no doubt. Dude had like 130 yards rushing in the Superbowl. Damn shame we didn't win that game. We'll just have to get him his ring this year! No one on this team deserves it more than Frankie G.
Can you guys imagine if he never shredded his knees in college? The guy was averaging over 9 yards per carry as a Freshmen and I remember reading that he ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. He has the greatest vision in the NFL and maybe the best vision I have ever seen. Also is the best blocking back in the league. His acceleration and burst through the hole has always been one of the best in the league, along with his ability to read blocks, be patient, and make precise cuts off those blocks.

His first few years in the league, he was also a damn good power back who would truck mofos. I remember his rookie year he came in against the Colts and broke like 5 tackles. I was thinking damn Gore's a beast! His last few years though he hasn't been the same type of power back, but I think that's mostly because he's playing smart and preserving his body and not taking hits and a pounding, which is why I think he still has much more in the tank than people seem to think.

Anyways, he never had great top end speed, but had he not been hurt in college, Gore might have been one of the best backs of all time. He still ran a 4.58 after suffering those injuries and still became the greatest 49er running back of all time though! My favorite player!
All I know is he needs to retire a 49er. I would hate to see him in another jersey.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
All I know is he needs to retire a 49er. I would hate to see him in another jersey.

This is SO very damn true. He won't be going anywhere, any player wanting to add a championship to their resume after an exceptional career would work with the team the best he could to maintain that increased chance of getting a ring.

Frank Gore carried me through the 2000's, he was the offensive bright spot on an otherwise struggling team. He made the pain easier to live with and now he is winning. I love that guy.
I've said it before. We need to win a ring with Gore. It wouldn't be the same winning it without him.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for KyleShanahan.
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

This is SO very damn true. He won't be going anywhere, any player wanting to add a championship to their resume after an exceptional career would work with the team the best he could to maintain that increased chance of getting a ring.

Frank Gore carried me through the 2000's, he was the offensive bright spot on an otherwise struggling team. He made the pain easier to live with and now he is winning. I love that guy.

This
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Can you guys imagine if he never shredded his knees in college? The guy was averaging over 9 yards per carry as a Freshmen and I remember reading that he ran a 4.3 40 yard dash. He has the greatest vision in the NFL and maybe the best vision I have ever seen. Also is the best blocking back in the league. His acceleration and burst through the hole has always been one of the best in the league, along with his ability to read blocks, be patient, and make precise cuts off those blocks.

His first few years in the league, he was also a damn good power back who would truck mofos. I remember his rookie year he came in against the Colts and broke like 5 tackles. I was thinking damn Gore's a beast! His last few years though he hasn't been the same type of power back, but I think that's mostly because he's playing smart and preserving his body and not taking hits and a pounding, which is why I think he still has much more in the tank than people seem to think.

Anyways, he never had great top end speed, but had he not been hurt in college, Gore might have been one of the best backs of all time. He still ran a 4.58 after suffering those injuries and still became the greatest 49er running back of all time though! My favorite player!
</3 This.

Seriously guys imagine if Gore never blew out his knees. I really think he would have ended up as one of the best backs of all time. Imagine all his greatness to go along with the 4.4 speed that he displays in this video. Hence why he averaged over 9 yards a pop as a Freshmen.
Share 49ersWebzone