There are 176 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

How many things can this guy do right? Frank for President.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
BIG HUGE mistake in my opinion. Sure go ahead and bring him back but at a paycut. This move makes ZERo sense to me but oh well. Dude is a gamer and ALL HEART but the tools just aren't there anymore. Too Slow hitting the holes.

maybe if he fell off to a 20 something RB you would have a point

dude is a top 10 RB

lol
I could see the team extending his deal and making it more cap friendly, but asking this man to take a flat out paycut after everything he's done for us would be a disgrace.
Dude is done. 31 years old u don't pay a 31 yr old RB 6 mil. And extend him? No way be smart. Don't think with your heart
Baalke: "We're in good shape from the cap's standpoint, so the decision on that (is) there's really no decision to be made," Baalke said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "We can move forward exactly as is, if that's what we choose to do."

The 49ers are expected to be approximately $11 million under the projected $130 million salary cap.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-49ers-dont-need-gore-take-pay-cut
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Dude is done. 31 years old u don't pay a 31 yr old RB 6 mil. And extend him? No way be smart. Don't think with your heart

yes, he showed he was done last year off with you . if the team has the money, if it will not hurt us then you do it for him, especially after he showed he was not done,. I swear some people are hoping and wishing he is done
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

everyone of you that wants to cut Frank, you have been silenced. so zip it!

why do you think they want to cut him? he is still productive, no one pass blocks better than him? Do they not like him? is it just because he is 31? is it because they "hope" the kid we drafted last year who has not seen one nfl snap can just step in and do the job? makes no sense to me
Done or not....Gore should no longer be the focal point of the offense! That's all I ask.
Just watch next year Frank will be the frank we saw during the playoffs and last few reg season games... Guaranteed! Take ur heart out of the equation
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
BIG HUGE mistake in my opinion. Sure go ahead and bring him back but at a paycut. This move makes ZERo sense to me but oh well. Dude is a gamer and ALL HEART but the tools just aren't there anymore. Too Slow hitting the holes.

You're making way too much out this non-move. If the team was cap poor it would be another story, but if they can afford to let him play out his deal as is then they shouldn't screw with him. If anybody has earned it, it's him. He's off the books after 2014 anyway.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:

yes, he showed he was done last year off with you . if the team has the money, if it will not hurt us then you do it for him, especially after he showed he was not done,. I swear some people are hoping and wishing he is done

^this

Gore ranked 9th in rushing this season which was HIGHER than his 2012 season. How does that show he's done?

And don't even start with his speed, Gore was never known as a speedy back anyways.
Just watch next year Frank will be the frank we saw during the playoffs and last few reg season games... Guaranteed! Take ur heart out of the equation

guaranteed? lol. c'mon man. take your "hate" out of the equation.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Baalke just said he doesn't HAVE to ask Gore, doesn't mean he isn't. I love Gore, it just makes sense to trim his contract for the good of the team.

We should restructure if we can't extend Kap and Crabtree this offseason and resign Boldin. If we can do those 3 things without restructuring Frank's contract then we shouldn't ask him to take pay cut.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

what are you ,,hoping? and talk to the offensive line who is supposed to be elite in regards to the seahawk game and then talk to fat f**k roman about why he thought it was nice to keep running frank into 9 guys,. and why am I even engaging in conversation about this ?
What are the team's options really? They can "ask" Frank to take a pay cut, or they can extend him, thus easing the cap hit, or they can cut him. Cutting him is out of the question: he came out of a 1000+ yard season, is one of the best blitz protectors in the league, and is THE best downfield blocking back in the league by an immense margin. He could even receive out of the backfield if our playbook was not all jumbo formations and long bombs. And that's beyond the "heart" issue, which of course is a big one. Then, "asking" him is silly. They can ask, and he can answer no. What would he to gain? Extending is another matter, but with so many guys in the backfield, not to mention Frank's age, it makes no sense. Bite the 6.4 million, bring him back, and see out his contract. As an FA at 32 he can then either sign for us again year by year at a reasonable rate, or try his luck elsewhere.