There are 225 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
A God Send
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

everyone of you that wants to cut Frank, you have been silenced. so zip it!
BIG HUGE mistake in my opinion. Sure go ahead and bring him back but at a paycut. This move makes ZERo sense to me but oh well. Dude is a gamer and ALL HEART but the tools just aren't there anymore. Too Slow hitting the holes.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by boast:

It's very interesting that the line is "does not have to..." This would signify that the FO has things under control with all our FA's and doesn't need to ask FG to restructure. I wonder if that means all contracts are done or we're expecting to drop Rogers and Whitner.
Frank ain't losing s**t. Dude is the timeless one
Baalke just said he doesn't HAVE to ask Gore, doesn't mean he isn't. I love Gore, it just makes sense to trim his contract for the good of the team.
How many things can this guy do right? Frank for President.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Feb 21, 2014 at 9:04 AM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
BIG HUGE mistake in my opinion. Sure go ahead and bring him back but at a paycut. This move makes ZERo sense to me but oh well. Dude is a gamer and ALL HEART but the tools just aren't there anymore. Too Slow hitting the holes.

maybe if he fell off to a 20 something RB you would have a point

dude is a top 10 RB

lol
I could see the team extending his deal and making it more cap friendly, but asking this man to take a flat out paycut after everything he's done for us would be a disgrace.

Dude is done. 31 years old u don't pay a 31 yr old RB 6 mil. And extend him? No way be smart. Don't think with your heart
Baalke: "We're in good shape from the cap's standpoint, so the decision on that (is) there's really no decision to be made," Baalke said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "We can move forward exactly as is, if that's what we choose to do."

The 49ers are expected to be approximately $11 million under the projected $130 million salary cap.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/baalke-49ers-dont-need-gore-take-pay-cut
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Dude is done. 31 years old u don't pay a 31 yr old RB 6 mil. And extend him? No way be smart. Don't think with your heart

yes, he showed he was done last year off with you . if the team has the money, if it will not hurt us then you do it for him, especially after he showed he was not done,. I swear some people are hoping and wishing he is done
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

why do you think they want to cut him? he is still productive, no one pass blocks better than him? Do they not like him? is it just because he is 31? is it because they "hope" the kid we drafted last year who has not seen one nfl snap can just step in and do the job? makes no sense to me
Done or not....Gore should no longer be the focal point of the offense! That's all I ask.
Share 49ersWebzone