There are 204 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'm not so sure, man. I want him back and I want him to get a ring, but I think he'll be gone or splitting carries.

I think it comes down to trust. The staff seems to have a lot of trust in gore. I wonder when the handoffs get f**ked up if its on frank or kap?
There's a lot of hyperbole going around. Gore is old, yes, and I think his carries need to be throttled back, but let's not be ridiculous.

Player A: 1,128 rushing yards, 4.1 YPC, 9 TD
Player B: 1,257 rushing yards, 4.2 YPC, 12 TD

Player A is Frank Gore. Player B is Marshawn Lynch. Pretty comparable numbers, huh?

"The reports of [Gore's] death have been greatly exaggerated."

Gore, in the final year of his contract as a 250 carry guy next year is fine. He's an asset, even. He doesn't have much left in the tank, but it's definitely not empty. The thing about Gore is, despite his loss of speed/acceleration, he still has elite patience and vision to find holes/wait for them to develop.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM ]
i have more faith in cowboy more so than frank, this yr we rotated other players resting smith and mcdonald. for some reason we gave hunter like 5 carries a game and he got more work when we already had the game done, we never use our depth
Gore will be our Mariano Rivera the next 2 years. Kap, Latti and Hunter will beat em up and Gore will close them out.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Gore will be our Mariano Rivera the next 2 years. Kap, Latti and Hunter will beat em up and Gore will close them out.

I like it!
Originally posted by theduke85:
There's a lot of hyperbole going around. Gore is old, yes, and I think his carries need to be throttled back, but let's not be ridiculous.

Player A is Frank Gore. Player B is Marshawn Lynch. Pretty comparable numbers, huh?

Gore, in the final year of his contract as a 250 carry guy next year is fine. He's an asset, even. He doesn't have much left in the tank, but it's definitely not empty. The thing about Gore is, despite his loss of speed/acceleration, he still has elite patience and vision to find holes/wait for them to develop.

Yep!
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by theduke85:

Yep!

*sigh*

If this is directed at me, you have misunderstood. I think Gore has plenty in the tank. He will productive next year. I want him to retire as a Niner.

That said, he's expensive next year. I could see him being cut if he cannot be restructured.
I love Gore, but we just can't afford his contract. We need to look to the future and develop the young guys. If Joe, Jerry and Lott can be traded/released so can Gore.

Also, I don't care how good his vision is, if we can only use him up the middle, he wont be effective against good run Ds.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I love Gore, but we just can't afford his contract. We need to look to the future and develop the young guys. If Joe, Jerry and Lott can be traded/released so can Gore.

Also, I don't care how good his vision is, if we can only use him up the middle, he wont be effective against good run Ds.

When they actually run him off guard and off tackle he makes some plays. Up the middle isn't all he has, even if that is where the bulk of his runs go.
Gore is getting older and can still be effective but the coaching staff used him wrong. They ran him into the ground early in the season. Next season really should be a legit 2 RB system. If we get what we hope from Lattimore, he and Gore should be getting the same amount of touches or close to it. Something like what Cinci was doing with Green-Ellis and Bernard. Gore still has a lot in the tank but its not enough to carrie a team for a season, or at least a team this run heavy.
One more year and hope lattimore is the real deal.
Originally posted by xela510:
Gore is getting older and can still be effective but the coaching staff used him wrong. They ran him into the ground early in the season. Next season really should be a legit 2 RB system. If we get what we hope from Lattimore, he and Gore should be getting the same amount of touches or close to it. Something like what Cinci was doing with Green-Ellis and Bernard. Gore still has a lot in the tank but its not enough to carrie a team for a season, or at least a team this run heavy.

Yeah. I feel we really took a step back this season in that department. I thought for sure it would be 50 percent Gore and the rest split between Hunter and LMJ. You would think the fact that we had a weak WR core early would mean we would split the load with our run heavy offense. Instead, we used a 30 year old RB like he is a second year player. Which wouldn't be all that bad if Hunter and LMJ didn't prove the year before that they are more than capable.
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
Yeah. I feel we really took a step back this season in that department. I thought for sure it would be 50 percent Gore and the rest split between Hunter and LMJ. You would think the fact that we had a weak WR core early would mean we would split the load with our run heavy offense. Instead, we used a 30 year old RB like he is a second year player. Which wouldn't be all that bad if Hunter and LMJ didn't prove the year before that they are more than capable.

That is the truth. The lack of Hunter this season was a huge disappointment. He needs more play and proved it in Gore's absence over the last two seasons.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Leftys Sports ‏@LeftysSports

After suffering a broken hand early in yesterday's game, Frank Gore continued to play his heart out...

Tonight with his broken hand, Frank Gore shook hands, signed autographs and met over 250 of his loyal fans.

We are told that Frank Gore will have surgery tomorrow on his hand and hopes to be back in his Niner uniform later this year! #ClassAct
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Leftys Sports ‏@LeftysSports

After suffering a broken hand early in yesterday's game, Frank Gore continued to play his heart out...

Tonight with his broken hand, Frank Gore shook hands, signed autographs and met over 250 of his loyal fans.

We are told that Frank Gore will have surgery tomorrow on his hand and hopes to be back in his Niner uniform later this year! #ClassAct