LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by outside4949:
I think there is no question gore starts next year. But anyone who thinks lattimore won't get a serious look is kidding themselves. I love gore but I feel like he ran out of gas. he takes himself out a lot in big games.

I genuinely can not remember the last time he was healthy...he is always nicked up and hurt. It sucks but he and Justin Smith are most likely done.

That is a mistake. Don't think about it. Justin Smith and Frank Gore will let us know what they plan on doing.

I do not have a clue what Gore and Smith plan to do or for that matter Boldin.

I am just going to wait.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I think Gore sticks around one more year. He's still the best blocking RB in the league and still has some gas in the tank. He just gashed the panthers #1 D last week! Our OL couldn't do s**t against the hawks DL. I wouldn't blame Gore for that.
I think there is no question gore starts next year. But anyone who thinks lattimore won't get a serious look is kidding themselves. I love gore but I feel like he ran out of gas. he takes himself out a lot in big games.

I'm not so sure, man. I want him back and I want him to get a ring, but I think he'll be gone or splitting carries.
he takes himself out a lot in big games.

WTF are you talking about?
Originally posted by NCommand:
I genuinely can not remember the last time he was healthy...he is always nicked up and hurt. It sucks but he and Justin Smith are most likely done.

Frank Gore has been the most healthy running back in the NFL I can remember when it comes to guys that have been a starter in the NFL for as long as he has.

And they ALL get nicked up and hurt. What sport do you think they are playing?
You know Gore didn't get that many yards against Seattle at the stick per carry either, then he got that HUGE run and very smartly got down to burn clock rather than score a TD and give us a chance with more time. At any moment last night Gore could have negated this entire thread, just saying.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zaghawk:
You know Gore didn't get that many yards against Seattle at the stick per carry either, then he got that HUGE run and very smartly got down to burn clock rather than score a TD and give us a chance with more time. At any moment last night Gore could have negated this entire thread, just saying.

thats what I'm saying. He just did that against the panthers last week. People round here have short memories.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'm not so sure, man. I want him back and I want him to get a ring, but I think he'll be gone or splitting carries.

I don't ever gamble but there is zero chance he is gone next year (baring an act of god in the offseason) and I would bet real money on that.

And splitting carries does not = not starting.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

I think it comes down to trust. The staff seems to have a lot of trust in gore. I wonder when the handoffs get f**ked up if its on frank or kap?
There's a lot of hyperbole going around. Gore is old, yes, and I think his carries need to be throttled back, but let's not be ridiculous.

Player A: 1,128 rushing yards, 4.1 YPC, 9 TD
Player B: 1,257 rushing yards, 4.2 YPC, 12 TD

Player A is Frank Gore. Player B is Marshawn Lynch. Pretty comparable numbers, huh?

"The reports of [Gore's] death have been greatly exaggerated."

Gore, in the final year of his contract as a 250 carry guy next year is fine. He's an asset, even. He doesn't have much left in the tank, but it's definitely not empty. The thing about Gore is, despite his loss of speed/acceleration, he still has elite patience and vision to find holes/wait for them to develop.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Jan 20, 2014 at 3:38 PM ]

i have more faith in cowboy more so than frank, this yr we rotated other players resting smith and mcdonald. for some reason we gave hunter like 5 carries a game and he got more work when we already had the game done, we never use our depth
Gore will be our Mariano Rivera the next 2 years. Kap, Latti and Hunter will beat em up and Gore will close them out.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Gore will be our Mariano Rivera the next 2 years. Kap, Latti and Hunter will beat em up and Gore will close them out.

I like it!
Originally posted by theduke85:
There's a lot of hyperbole going around. Gore is old, yes, and I think his carries need to be throttled back, but let's not be ridiculous.

Player A is Frank Gore. Player B is Marshawn Lynch. Pretty comparable numbers, huh?

Gore, in the final year of his contract as a 250 carry guy next year is fine. He's an asset, even. He doesn't have much left in the tank, but it's definitely not empty. The thing about Gore is, despite his loss of speed/acceleration, he still has elite patience and vision to find holes/wait for them to develop.

Yep!
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by theduke85:

Yep!

*sigh*

If this is directed at me, you have misunderstood. I think Gore has plenty in the tank. He will productive next year. I want him to retire as a Niner.

That said, he's expensive next year. I could see him being cut if he cannot be restructured.
Share 49ersWebzone