There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Originally posted by Disp:
I think Gore is pretty much done. Yes, he had a couple huge clutch runs the last 6 or so games, but you take those out and he's averaging 2-3 yards per carry. I love the guy and what he's meant for the team, but I think he's holding the offense back at this point.

This is such a dumb argument. You can say that about any back. If you take the best runs away from any back they will average a lot less yards per carry. If you take Lynch's 40 yard run away, he only would have averaged 3.3 yards per carry tonight.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
This is such a dumb argument. You can say that about any back. If you take the best runs away from any back they will average a lot less yards per carry. If you take Lynch's 40 yard run away, he only would have averaged 3.3 yards per carry tonight.

But you cant take it away. He was Seattle's meal ticket tonight. Gore doing that is behind him, the team wasted his best years. Sad.
just texted Gore and he said he will be around for years
One more year.
Gore has a year left on his contract; definitely let him play it out and compete with Lattimore or anyone the front office might draft. But I can't see extending him for a year or two, even if it alleviates his cap number, as suggested in the pinned salary cap thread.
Gore tried and failed to read your post so....
I'm torn...I guess let him go to training camp and duke it out with the other RBs and let the chips land where they land. I think he has one more year in him but it'll be a decline year..kinda like emmitt smith when he went to AZ.
Somebody posted a pic of LT38 A WHILE BACK..
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I imagine that Gore also has a large salary for next year. If we did bring him back, it should be for vet minimum. I am not convinced that he is better than his backups at this point. Hunter with 3 carries out gained Gore who had 11.
like the steelers won a superbowl for bettis, we can win one for gore next year
I don't think it's all Gore no running backs have had success this season, it's that other teams stack the box and our o line cant open up holes. Teams feel our QB Kaep cant beat them with his arm so they load up the line almost every play to force him to throw. Lattimore and Hunter will battle it out in training camp but Gore deserves to be the starter.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM ]
I hope Lattimore comes back a stud and Gore can help him along for a couple of years.
Did you guys watch the game? There were 2+ sea Hawks defenders in the backfield every time he got the ball. There was absolutely nothing he could do. Gore still has it. Its just he went up against two very good rushing D's the past two weeks
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Gore can't make any tacklers miss in the back field. Gore can't cut to the outside to outrun defenders. When I watch Lynch run, I wish he was playing for the 49ers. How often did we see Lynch make something out of nothing?
Originally posted by fryet:
Gore can't make any tacklers miss in the back field. Gore can't cut to the outside to outrun defenders. When I watch Lynch run, I wish he was playing for the 49ers. How often did we see Lynch make something out of nothing?

yea, i was thinking this. There was a time where Gore can make you miss and run you over. Now he falls down waaaay too soon.