There are 289 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore Thread

Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
This. That pass will be there all day. Gore was good for 50 catches a year during the dark years. He doesn't have to produce that many per season now, but it could be valuable as teams lock in on everyone else. I think gradually Kaep is going to begin looking at all five guys out there, whatever combination they may be as receiving options. I also hope that our guys in turn will look for and expect the ball, no matter what. This is the playoffs.

It seems teams now just let or RB's have free release on passing downs now and rarely are they even covered. we have to exploit that more going forward.

Exactly. Just keep Gore in long enough to sell pass protection then let him leak out for the 5 to 8 yard pass completion.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Anyone remember this little gem? I'll never forget this game, or this interview. Start at :55 for Frankie

I didn't watch yet, but is this the 2006 game at Seattle?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I didn't watch yet, but is this the 2006 game at Seattle?

Yep, this is the one where Alex Smith broke that tackle in the pocket and threw it to Gore up the sideline.

oh i remember that. i had this clip saved on my dvr for like 2 years
my favorite football player of all time. not just 49er. ive been watching him since his days here at UM and read about him in high school breaking every county record. he's been doubted, injured, disrespected, etc. and he just keeps coming back. it's gona be tough for me to watch him retire someday. he has nothing to prove to anybody but it would be so beautiful to see him lift the lombardi.

Talbert
Originally posted by Hipstersoup:
my favorite football player of all time. not just 49er. ive been watching him since his days here at UM and read about him in high school breaking every county record. he's been doubted, injured, disrespected, etc. and he just keeps coming back. it's gona be tough for me to watch him retire someday. he has nothing to prove to anybody but it would be so beautiful to see him lift the lombardi.

Talbert

He's the #1 on my list of 49ers who deserve it.
Originally posted by crabman82:

Alex and Frank look like little kids hahaha
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by crabman82:

Alex and Frank look like little kids hahaha

Haha! Frank sounds like one too--his voice is so high pitched compared to the way it is now!
[ Edited by Byisgod on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He's the #1 on my list of 49ers who deserve it.

Hell yeah!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Interesting bit of info from NFL.com article talking about Terrell Davis not making the final cut...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311405/article/hall-of-fame-finalists-morten-andersen-surprisingly-gets-the-nod

I can't believe he didn't make the cut ...

Ah, but when it comes to Terrell Davis, it's no surprise. TD seems to be that guy on the cusp -- a lightning rod in Hall of Fame discussion because of his limited tenure -- and I've gone back and forth on his candidacy in the past. I've also told him that he's really "TD2." But like the original "TD" (Tony Dorsett), Davis could pound the ball in between the tackles and hit the home run -- despite not possessing blazing speed. And like Dorsett, he's deserving of a gold jacket.

Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I am not in the voting room, though I know for a fact Davis has support there. Sports Illustrated writer (and Hall voter) Jim Trotter is fond of citing Davis' playoff stats, and for good reason: Davis averaged a whopping 142.5 rushing yards per game in the postseason. That's a HUGE number. To give you an idea of how huge, take a look at how the top five shakes out in that category (among RBs with five playoff games or more). It's not even close:

Terrell Davis: 142.5
John Riggins: 110.7
Eric Dickerson: 103.4
Emmitt Smith: 93.3
Frank Gore: 91.3

Frankie is 5th all-time in ypg in the playoffs w/ a minimum of 5 games played. Would be awesome if he could rise it above 100 before he retires.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 9, 2014 at 10:05 PM ]
f**k Davis making the HoF. He had 4 productive seasons of his 7 year career. I don't give a s**t that he ran for 2,000 yards in a season. 4 seasons shouldn't get you in the HoF.

frank is such a badass lol.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
f**k Davis making the HoF. He had 4 productive seasons of his 7 year career. I don't give a s**t that he ran for 2,000 yards in a season. 4 seasons shouldn't get you in the HoF.

If he gets in, then Sterling Sharpe and Bo Jackson should also get in.