There are 272 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I'll get crucified for this....

Gore has been the best player on crappy teams...

Looking at the history of the 49ers I don't even want to think about frank gore lead teams.

Glad the 49ers had him...hate that the team wasted his youth, but the guy is number 3 maybe 4 in my era of 49er running backs.

Guys like watters and Craig had to be accounted for in the running game and really had to be watched in the passing game.

Hearst and gore bring up 3 or 4 depending how I feel and what time of day it is

Put Gore on those teams in his prime and its not even close. I understand nostalgia and all that, but Gore is in fact the best 49er RB all time, and most of his career was played on crap squads where he was literally the only weapon on the offensive side of the ball. None of those RB's you mentioned faced the stacked boxes Gore has faced his entire career.
Just when it looked like he was getting slower, he wins the game for us bigtime with a pro bowl run against the leagues' toughest defense.

This guy is without a doubt my favorite niner RB of all time.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
No matter what happens this season, Gore is going to have to make way for Marcus Lattimore next season.

They will likely split carries, and thats a good thing for both of them. It will exend both of their careers, and make the team better. BUT, it is still very likely that Gore will continue to be the best RB on the roster. People said the same thing about Gore when Hunter first emerged. I like Lattimore a lot, but he has huge shoes to fill.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Just when it looked like he was getting slower, he wins the game for us bigtime with a pro bowl run against the leagues' toughest defense.

If only he could have caught that pass in New Orleans
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Gore after all he has done for this team still gets flack and doubt its almost disrespectful to the point makes me sick. Any team would love to have a frank Gore on their team. If Gore only had a qb or passing game! His career would be easy Hall of fame type career. Frank is the 49ers period.
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

If only he could have caught that pass in New Orleans

or have more than 1 good run a game
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
No matter what happens this season, Gore is going to have to make way for Marcus Lattimore next season.

That remains to be seen. I can only hope that Lattimore will be good enough to take away from Gore
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I'll get crucified for this....

Gore has been the best player on crappy teams...

Looking at the history of the 49ers I don't even want to think about frank gore lead teams.

Glad the 49ers had him...hate that the team wasted his youth, but the guy is number 3 maybe 4 in my era of 49er running backs.

Guys like watters and Craig had to be accounted for in the running game and really had to be watched in the passing game.

Hearst and gore bring up 3 or 4 depending how I feel and what time of day it is

Forget numbers.

LOOK at what he is doing.

NO ONE has done that stuff.

EVER. Not gale, walter, barry, eric, emmit, jim, curtis, thurman, oj.

NO OTHER great back GOT YARDS the way FRANK does!

You will NEVER see his running style again! He is a FREAK of nature.

That is WHY he is still HELPING US at 30 years old with two knee operations.

People say he old and sucks they say our line is horrible which they have been this year at open up holes. but aren't you contradicting yourself by saying that our offense of line is not good and Creating open space yet Frank Gore still bust out big runs at age 30. If you ask me that's a testament of how good of a player he is at his age and any era on any team. You don't teach and find instincts like Gore.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Know what I like about this thread? Not one SheHag fan has posted in here. It's free of verbal dumps. This is a good thing. A good thing indeed.

Actually, I'd like to know how SEA fans reacted when FRANK THE TANK broke off that huge run to ice the game. Were they in 12th man mode and screaming their head off? Or did they actually stfu.

They got their s**t pushed in. They took it quietly and liked it.
i was like

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRANNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumping up and down like a little girl

When I think that Gore faces the second most 8 man fronts thus year and throughout his career second only to AP I think two things: folk don't respect our passing game enough yet and they have feared and still fear Frank that much yet still he is going to hit 10k yards in his career. The guy is lethal and any DC will tell you this. I don't care if we had Peyton. Any DC will tell you that if you don't stack the box with 8 vs Frank you will lose big time. Teams absolutely sell out vs the run vs us because they know Frank will absolutely dissect and obliterate a 7 man front. This is why players rank him so highly year after year. They see frank on film and they know how their DCs stress to them on game day the importance of stopping Gore above everything else. He has been the heart beat of this team for a decade almost and he still is
I screamed like a banshee like every other person in the stadium; high-fived every Niner fan in our row; and happily watched the Cheathawk fans check their meds.

Went home and kissed my dog on the lips.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
anyone else notice why Frank isn't getting as many catches out of the backfield anymore? (330 career receptions, but just 15 this season)
[ Edited by Ballistic on Dec 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone