LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i nearly boo-booed myself
I think I just clapped and said, "Gore!" I was watching the game with my mother, so I couldn't get too excited.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I think I just clapped and said, "Gore!" I was watching the game with my mother, so I couldn't get too excited.

me and my 76 year old father were both screaming f**k yeah gore! go baby go!!! lol
I just made my first Meme :)

Originally posted by mattster03:
I just made my first Meme :)

this is so sick lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
i kinda knew he would get caught from behind. for the first 30 yards i was like yeah! go frank! then i was like s**t he just hit his top speed lol. frank is still the f**kin man tho.

He slows down to avoid fumbling. In previous years he would just run straight and never look back, now he is always turning his head, and slowing himself down. It turned out to be the best situation, because if he scored the TD, the Seahawks would have had time to win or tie the game.

i know it was a good call to kill the clock but if that was the intension he couldve gotten inside the 10 or something. gore never had the break away speed, hes just a great back with good vision but hes got no top speed. he is better at ball control lately but he held it out a few times yesterday that made me nervous and he fell really awkwardly on that run

I think he was more worried about those two Seahawk pushing him out of bound. Looks like he crumbled to the ground and make like a rock to make sure the 2 defenders don't have the chance to push him out of bound.

me and my 76 year old father were both screaming f**k yeah gore! go baby go!!! lol

lol, that's awesome. If I was watching it with my dad too, I don't even know if I could have gotten away with what I did.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
I sucked on some penis

Wut?
I thanked Frank Gore for knowing to slide before the sideline to eat clock! You don't see many players capable of thinking so quickly in those situations. When asked if they talked about it in the huddle Kaepernick said, "No, that was Frank being Frank." Love that guy!

lol, that's awesome. If I was watching it with my dad too, I don't even know if I could have gotten away with what I did.

hahaha all good man, the thought was there lol. my dad has been a niner fan since he came to SF from overseas in the 60s. joe perry gave him his first niners tickets and he had season tickets for a long time so hes still pretty obsessed and he raised me like that lol

i know it was a good call to kill the clock but if that was the intension he couldve gotten inside the 10 or something. gore never had the break away speed, hes just a great back with good vision but hes got no top speed. he is better at ball control lately but he held it out a few times yesterday that made me nervous and he fell really awkwardly on that run

Gore has enough speed. He was clearly breaking away from both Sherman and Thomas, but then slowed down to avoid fumbling. He is terrified of fumbling.

If he made it inside the ten, we would not have been able to get another first down and run the clock another two minutes. It played out about as perfectly as it could have. I don't know if Gore was thinking that way, but luckily, the 20 yard line was the perfect place to set up camp for the night.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Gore has enough speed. He was clearly breaking away from both Sherman and Thomas, but then slowed down to avoid fumbling. He is terrified of fumbling.

If he made it inside the ten, we would not have been able to get another first down and run the clock another two minutes. It played out about as perfectly as it could have. I don't know if Gore was thinking that way, but luckily, the 20 yard line was the perfect place to set up camp for the night.

im glad it turned out like it did but i dunno if he slowed down because he wanted to or his body just couldnt run any faster lol. either way Gore won us that game
Ok... just made it slightly better:

OFFICIAL: FRANK GORE NEEDS TO GO

I really don't care about the backlash anymore, but Frank's time as a 49er needs to just end already. Frankly, if he were trying out as an undrafted FA, he would not even make an NFL roster. He would also run a 40 time over 5 seconds, seriously.

A big part of the problem with our running game is Frank simply does not threaten the edges of a defense at all and it is killing our running game. After reviewing the Seattle game again, there are a number of runs that Gore could have easily broken to the outside for huge gains, but he so damn slow he doesn't even try-and rightly so.

I know this topic is simply taboo for a lot of fans, but it is reality. The irony is I think that Gore is so good at squeezing through tight holes that it masks a lot of the deficiencies in our running game too, so this is a double edge sword. The fact is our interior line play $ucking sucks and has all year. They get no push at all...none of them. Goodwin is downright horrible. Snyder never could run block and he still can't. Iupati was horrible all year. The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too, so this is just factual. Kap artificially inflates our running numbers every game also masking the realities of our dire running game.

I'm sorry gents but our running game is horrible. Against playoff caliber teams our running game is not going to work at all. It didn't work last year, but the new read option saved us in the playoffs...that won't happen again. This problem is bigger than Gore, but Gore is a part of the problem. His lack of speed is simply embarrassing.
im glad it turned out like it did but i dunno if he slowed down because he wanted to or his body just couldnt run any faster lol. either way Gore won us that game

Look at what he is doing when he slows down. He turns his head to look at the defenders. Have you ever tried running at full sprint while turning your head around? It's impossible not to slow down. It's hard enough to run with a football in your arm.

Many years ago, Gore fumbled when someone caught him from behind, ever since then, he turns around to look for defenders as he is running. He's missed out on a lot of touchdowns through the years because of it. It would have been close, but he probably would have made it to the endzone if he tried to make the sprint.
Then again, they might have made him fumble on the two yard line, knocking the ball out of the endzone, causing a touchback turnover. So perhaps Gore is doing the right thing.
Share 49ersWebzone