LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dsoto87:
I was worried he was hurt at first but as I thought about it more and more it was such a perfect play.

He got us in a position to score no matter what. He stayed in bounds to run out the clock. He ran just far enough to get one more first down. And lastly he didn't score. That may sound crazy but hear me out.

Had he scored he would have gave the ball back to RW with like 4 minutes left on the clock. All they would have needed was to do was March into field goal range. I have faith in our D but it's still taking a chance.

The way Gore handled that was literally perfect.
of course this was the truth. remember the saints game when ck ran out of bounds.... you just need to learn that and only a vet like gore could do that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49FanMan:
I love Frank, but if we plan to make a playoff push via wildcard, we are going to need him fresh. I'm not sure while Hunter doesn't get AT LEAST 1/3rd of the carries. As much as I want the 10k for Frank, I also want him healthy and ready to rock come playoffs. No matter how good he looks, a nine year vet at the RB position should not be used as a workhorse.

he is fresh,, thanks to roman he hardly carried the ball in the first three games
I'm glad this is a typing forum. Because I really can't talk today. Not all that well. Not good for a man in my line of work, but oh well. That's the way the ol' vocal cords bounce. I don't think I've used the words "go" and "you" and "motherf**ker" so many times in a constant, streaming sentence before yesterday.

And after that -- I just got this real warm and fuzzy feeling. The Sacramento Bee had this great photo of Gore splitting Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman RIGHT DOWN THE MIDDLE.

And it just felt so right since the FOX Broadcasting crew had been giving verbal BJ's to Thomas for most of the game...

Thank you Earl...Thank you for being in exactly the WRONG place at exactly the RIGHT time.

What did you do?
I nutted
< me at the game..then it wen to after he ran out of gas
I was at a random pizza place, yelled, and scared this Persian family behind me...
  • thl408
I channeled my inner 5 year old girl.
Warm fuzzies, all the way! I always mumble something like, "yeah Franky baby, go man! GO!"
I jumped out of my chair and made a thud so loud the people in my house, who exiled me so they could watch the Broncos, came running upstairs to see if I was hurt or something.
instantly i knew it would be one of his classic break from the pack but not go all the way runs. even in one of his 80 yarders vs seattle in 09 he was getting caught up to and had to use the angle to score. nothing wrong with that either, he dont have the deep speed his once did at miami. just another classic frank run.

I lost my voice screaming at the TV.

Though I think that happened at the end of the game when I stood up, extended both middle fingers at the Seahawks on the TV and screamed, "YOU LOSE! GET THE f**k OFF MY FIELD, MOTHERf**kERS!!!"

Iwasalittleexcited.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Agreed. Frank knew exactly what he was doing and its why he is this teams most valuable player each and every year. How about that short run where Frank hits a slice just barely big enough to fit through and popped it for a first down. Not a long run but there are not very many guys with the patience and vision to slide through that kind of traffic. Honestly I don't know if any other RB would have found that hole. A lot of backs would have just plowed into the line and been done. There are a few guys with enough skill to make something out of it by maybe cutting outside but only Frank Gore finds that little crease that most people just don't see. He's one in a million people. He may not be the fastest guy out there but he's silky smooth and sees things other guys just don't see. He was the best running back on the field yesterday and its not even close. I don't care what the Lynch homers say.

Yeah staying in bounds and not scoring too quick were brilliant evil genius concepts from frank who repeatedly blows me away with his savvy and instincts.

I cannot say enough good things. It was perfection.
Hugged my buddies! So I guess warm fuzzies
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I lost my voice screaming at the TV.

Though I think that happened at the end of the game when I stood up, extended both middle fingers at the Seahawks on the TV and screamed, "YOU LOSE! GET THE f**k OFF MY FIELD, MOTHERf**kERS!!!"

Iwasalittleexcited.

Back when I was a wee child of 18 I nearly gave my mother a heart attack at my reaction to Montana hitting Clark in the endzone during the NFC Championship game.

So, yeah, I hear you.
"Go Gore go! Don't run outta gas!!!"

My converted 9er fan wife LoLed.
Share 49ersWebzone