There are 130 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Personally speaking, Frank Gore is my favorite player to join the Niners since Jerry Rice. Sure I've liked other players since Jerry, but Gore is something else. Perhaps it was because he was our first skill position (or any position) pro-bowl player to come through since 2002. Maybe it's that the guy gives 200% on the field every time he's there. Maybe it's because he owned the league in 2006. Maybe it's because he's always striving to get better. Or maybe it's because he's been to hell and back (2 reconstructive knee surgeries before his pro career and the loss of his mother during it) and still keeps fighting.

Look, I'm aware that P. Willis is an amazing talent and is considered the best player on our team bar-none. He, like Gore, has faced tremendous adversity and has since fought through it to become the best ILB in the game. I don't deny that and I'm a huge fan of Willis. But Gore was the first player in years to come along and give Niner fans something to cheer about. Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt). Bottomline, this guy came in during our darkest time and hasn't complained one bit. He's what makes our offense tick and humbly performs year in and year out; playing through injuries and all.

This thread is nothing more than a tribute to Frank Gore. A truly admirable player who gives it his all year in and year out; through all the coaching changes, adversity and losing seasons. Here's to hoping that an improved passing game and complementary r-back gives Frank the help he so richly deserves to be the deadly player he is.

[ Edited by NinerPrideinNJ on May 19, 2009 at 11:21 PM ]
I appreciate you frank!
Was watching old youtube videos of him... He is a monster. And if he has a injury-free year with norris and run-first offense I really am hoping he makes it back to his excellent Pro Bowl form. And he looks HUGE from the OTA pics... do we dare hope for 1700+??

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I own so far)
[ Edited by Conejo on May 19, 2009 at 11:22 PM ]
Originally posted by Conejo:

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I won so far)

Gore's the only jersey I've got too... He deserves the love.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on May 19, 2009 at 11:25 PM ]
  • da209
  • Veteran

you said it all man

• Shifty
  • Veteran

you said it all man

Gore is awesome but production speaks for itself and he has never been much of a TD guy and has been average at best the last 2 years. Willis is the face of this franchise
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

you said it all man

Gore is awesome but production speaks for itself and he has never been much of a TD guy and has been average at best the last 2 years. Willis is the face of this franchise

feel free to start a Gore criticism thread if that's how you feel
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

you said it all man

I might do that. Gore is definitely over rated

you said it all man

No he isn't dude. I love Willis, he's my favorite player, but IMO our defense could survive for a game or 2 without him because we got Nasty Nate, Mike Lewis, Justin Smith, Parys, etc. But Gore is our best offensive player, he's the cornerstone of the offense, we can't win if he doesn't play. We can't win if he's not at 100%. We lost the AZ and Miami games because he wasn't 100%(concussion in the AZ game, and didn't play in the Miami game). Our offense is way more dangerous with Frank on the field. He can do it all. Run between the tackles, go out for passes, he's even good at blitz pick up.

I hope we get the 2006 Frank back though. The one that was literally "the tank". He seems like he bulked back up now, and the last 2 years he seemed like he tried to lose some weight/muscle because he wanted to gain some speed IMO and be more of a pass catcher. If he is back in 2006 form that'd be awesome.

you said it all man

Production???

Since 06, only Brian Westbrook has more total yards from scrimmage. If you're trying to hate on Gore you're gonna really have to pick. The man's done it all while staring eight men in the box in the face throughout his entire career. Christ... for the past 3 years opposing defenses know that he's the only thing they need to worry about, yet he still produces; s**tty o-line, passing game and all. Frank is the sh!t.

BTW, take everything Kalen says with a grain of salt... his profile pic is of Blink-182. Don't get me wrong I always loved Blink too, but then I reached 8th grade.
How can you not root for this guy? TWO RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERIES BEFORE THE NFL. That is just amazing. Not to mention, he started over Willis McGahee and Clinton Portis at the U.
Frank's the man. Go #21
[ Edited by bigmike55 on May 20, 2009 at 12:41 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Who can forget runs like that one against DET in 06 or the one against STL in 07 (lost in the crowd on 3rd and waay long, only to emerge unscathed and sprinting towards pay dirt).

That run in STL was on 4th and short.
Share 49ersWebzone