There are 280 users in the forums

Awesome Glen Coffee Quote

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by 49er4eva:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think coffee sounds like he could be a starter in this league. having him and gore is gonna kick so much ass this year

I live in Alabama and saw quite a bit of Coffee. I think he is going to be a great compliment to Gore.

Hell yeah he will. I take it you see alot of SEC football. Top talent and in opinion the toughest Conference in the NCAA. This is coming from an FSU fan.

I watched him bowl over people. He is like a baby Jerome Bettis. Definitely a great pickup.

lets just hope he can stay healthy and not end up like cadillac williams

Well, injuries can happen. Williams was a great running back and its a shame that he has had the injuries. But Coffee is a much more physical type of back.
I am an Auburn fan....Coffee is legit enough to be worth a 3rd round pick...

Glen Coffee is a Baby Marcus allen.

That is EXACTLY who he runs like.

What makes Coffee worth a Draft choice is his Vision.

He is not some major league Power back....frankly He goes down from First contact way to often to be considered a "power back".

He does run with some power , but really what makes him dangerous is his Vision. He will follow his blockers untill he sees a whole on the back side of a play then he Explodes and GASHES the defense against the grain for yardage.

I think he was a great 3rd round Pick , Hell I think he will be a great starter if Gore goes down. Maybe one of the Sleeper Picks in this draft.
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I am an Auburn fan....Coffee is legit enough to be worth a 3rd round pick...

Glen Coffee is a Baby Marcus allen.

That is EXACTLY who he runs like.

What makes Coffee worth a Draft choice is his Vision.

He is not some major league Power back....frankly He goes down from First contact way to often to be considered a "power back".

He does run with some power , but really what makes him dangerous is his Vision. He will follow his blockers untill he sees a whole on the back side of a play then he Explodes and GASHES the defense against the grain for yardage.

I think he was a great 3rd round Pick , Hell I think he will be a great starter if Gore goes down. Maybe one of the Sleeper Picks in this draft.

I am and have been a Alabama fan since 93 when they took the sugarbowl from "Da U" like the owned it and was heavily under dogs 34-13. Dshearn you got Coffe dead on. He does go down after 1st contact alot but not if you try to arm tackle him. I believe Rathman will get him right for us. His vision and effort he uses is phenominal. I did however thought he would go a round later and that we reached for him a little bit. I guess since we traded our 4th to the Panthers we wanted him preety badly to go ahead and just grab him. He will be a perfect grinder back for this offense. I can also see him as a backup KR for his running/vision skills.

GLAD WE DRAFTED HIM
Ditto
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I like my Coffee strong.

The thing about Coffee is he also seems to run smart. Its like his mind is not concerned with whats on him or behind him, he's not afraid and he's looking for daylight.
i think coffee sounds like he could be a starter in this league. having him and gore is gonna kick so much ass this year

I live in Alabama and saw quite a bit of Coffee. I think he is going to be a great compliment to Gore.

Yo! Where u at in Alabama? Im in Prattville.
Originally posted by 49ers1:
Originally posted by 49er4eva:

Hell yeah he will. I take it you see alot of SEC football. Top talent and in opinion the toughest Conference in the NCAA. This is coming from an FSU fan.

I watched him bowl over people. He is like a baby Jerome Bettis. Definitely a great pickup.

lets just hope he can stay healthy and not end up like cadillac williams

Well, injuries can happen. Williams was a great running back and its a shame that he has had the injuries. But Coffee is a much more physical type of back.

i think we are set at RB for a while, i would be perfectly happy with coffee starting if Gore gets hurt (hopefully it doesnt happen). he may even prove to be better than the inconvenient truth. its definately good to have 2 REAL RB's and no imposters like M. Rob, robertson, Hicks... backing up Frank. it was almost a lock that we werent gonna do a damn thing when frank wasnt in the game. i dont think thats the case any more
Well, that being said, I thought that getting Coffee in the 3rd was great, he does have all of Gore's traits, thats why i was surprised we didnt take a different style of back. But I do like Coffee with us...he was very productive in the little time he had in Alabama, till last year when he got the bulk of the carries.

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Well, that being said, I thought that getting Coffee in the 3rd was great, he does have all of Gore's traits, thats why i was surprised we didnt take a different style of back. But I do like Coffee with us...he was very productive in the little time he had in Alabama, till last year when he got the bulk of the carries.

well if he's like gore i'd be very happy. 1 gore is good, 2 gores would be awesome. but i think he has a different style, gore goes straight up the middle too but he dances a little too. coffee is more patient in finding an opening. but both of them can lay a hit on someone, coffees just hurts more cuz he's a bigger dude. its not lightning and thunder, its a thunderstorm
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Hopefully Sheets can contribute as well...we'll have two bangers and one speed guy
  • GlennCoffee
  • Info N/A
coffee will be a starter in 2-3 years. franchise player. bet on it. he runs a lot bigger than he is. as someone said earlier a very smart runner. if he does have to start this season i would be surprised to see him get 100+. never underestimate the rookie fire. he runs like hes got something to prove so i think his rookie fire will burn brighter than most. you heard it here first. in 3 years you'll all be wear coffee jerseys
Originally posted by Envy:
Good choice. I admire the below he stated on a youtube vid somewhere. Not because its from the Bible but rather because Coffee has chosen a mantra to play by. This guy is serious about his football and what he wishes to achieve.

"He gallops into the clash of arms.
He mocks at fear and is not frightened;
Nor does he turn back from the sword.
The quiver rattles against him,
The glittering spear and javelin.
He devours the distance with fierceness and rage;"

Fierceness and Rage

i really enjoyed this quote too
Defenses better be ready to get Decaffeinated!
Share 49ersWebzone