LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Battle vs. Zeigler - Finish The Fight!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Battle vs. Zeigler - Finish The Fight!

Because this debate keeps going on and on and on. We're going to leave Jason Hill out of this one, figuring that he was a 3rd round pick and his upside is too promising to just let go of.

Who do you want taking up the final WR spot on the 2009 San Francisco 49ers, assuming the other guy gets cut/traded?

Arnaz Battle - The gritty vet. Often injured, but reliable in the clutch. Can also return punts well enough. Can throw the ball effectively on option/Wildcat plays. Currently the 49ers' longest tenured WR. Fans either love him or hate him. Made Trent Dilfer occasionally look decent.

Dominique Zeigler - The acrobatic practice squad survivor. Opportunities have been few, but he has capitalized upon them. Not an answer in the return game. A Webzone fan favorite. Got a mention on national TV during MNF. Has a "Z" in his last name.

And... discuss.
i'd rather

then to discuss these two
[ Edited by IWantWinners on May 13, 2009 at 4:06 PM ]
  • Ram9er
  • Info N/A
doesnt matter, neither of them is gonna play
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I would rather Battle.
What makes you think we will keep 6 WR's in a run heavy offense? I think they are both gone.
Originally posted by IWantWinners:
i'd rather
then to discuss these two

But you still decided to participate anyway. How's that 85% treating you these days?
you know, everyone keeps mentioning Battle/Robinson/whoever else in wildcat/option plays. When have the niners ever used them in that regard? McCarthy, Turner, Hostler, Martz - none have used the option play.
Originally posted by kronik:
What makes you think we will keep 6 WR's in a run heavy offense? I think they are both gone.

Ditto.

Battle = goner
Z = practice squad again

I honestly think we can squeeze a 5th round out of the Rams or Seahawks for Battle. Do it.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
you know, everyone keeps mentioning Battle/Robinson/whoever else in wildcat/option plays. When have the niners ever used them in that regard? McCarthy, Turner, Hostler, Martz - none have used the option play.

Just because they haven't, doesn't mean they won't in the future. But I see your logic. I just posted the pros and cons of each player and backed away from the keyboard.

Ditto.

Battle = goner
Z = practice squad again

I honestly think we can squeeze a 5th round out of the Rams or Seahawks for Battle. Do it.

And now you actually ARE discussing it.

Dude, you are just special.

why is a guy who had 5 catches and played the worse special teams game all of us have ever seen in a debate bout being on the team?
If I have to pick between the two I go Battle without a doubt. Remember what happened when Rossum got injured last year? our punt return team was worse than a high schools. Battle>Z
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Ditto.

Battle = goner
Z = practice squad again

I am discussing how to trade Battle not how "good" he is.

Trade his butt to the Rams or Seahawks for a 5th. They both need a WR and Battle can be their informant.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Ditto.

Battle = goner
Z = practice squad again

I am discussing how to trade Battle not how "good" he is.

Trade his butt to the Rams or Seahawks for a 5th. They both need a WR and Battle can be their informant.

85%...
Neither.
Share 49ersWebzone