There are 227 users in the forums

Michael Lewis (asks for release)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by IWantWinners:
All you dudes who said Nate Clements didn't get smoked by Devery Henderson didn't watch the game. Here let me post a link for you Clements fanboys

ohhh look who got smoked at 2:21
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29580&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

ohh and look who's making a play at 2:45 to get the ball back

M Leeezy baby

damn, i forgot how bad JTO was.

anyway, we can't tell from that angle whether Nate was expecting help from Roman. If he was, he would have let hendersen get by since roman was gonna pick him up. There are many ore variables to take into account rather than who was the guy behind the WR.

And i think that was Lewis' fist fumble with the niners. How many does nate have?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
All you dudes who said Nate Clements didn't get smoked by Devery Henderson didn't watch the game. Here let me post a link for you Clements fanboys

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29580&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

M Leeezy baby

anyway, we can't tell from that angle whether Nate was expecting help from Roman. If he was, he would have let hendersen get by since roman was gonna pick him up. There are many ore variables to take into account rather than who was the guy behind the WR.

And i think that was Lewis' fist fumble with the niners. How many does nate have?
Clements got shook on a double move. Stop making excuses because I saw that game.
[ Edited by IWantWinners on May 11, 2009 at 4:40 PM ]

M Leeezy baby

Clements got shook on a double move. Stop making excuses because I saw that game.

the mind sometimes remembers what it wants to remember and i believe you are remembering what you want.

and you didn't answer the other question.

M Leeezy baby

the mind sometimes remembers what it wants to remember and i believe you are remembering what you want.

and you didn't answer the other question.

M Leeezy baby

Come on now, are you really going to look at 1 or 2 plays and make a massive generalization?

I will admit that Clements hasn't been as spectacular as i hoped he would be, but i still believe he is our best DB.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

M Leeezy baby

Come on now, are you really going to look at 1 or 2 plays and make a massive generalization?

I will admit that Clements hasn't been as spectacular as i hoped he would be, but i still believe he is our best DB.

-9fA

No i am not looking at "one play". That link was for those who said I was lying about Clements getting smoked by Henderson for 80 yards. Dude tripped at the end other wise it was an easy 6. Nate Clements will be a solid CB if we let him play to his strength. I never said he sucks.
^^^ Ah, my bad. I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread.

And yes, Clements did get beaten a couple times last season. Whether he knew he had Roman over the top, who knows? Beaten is beaten.

-9fA
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
No. He's second best.

maddog just ended this thread.
Funny how all the fanboys went underground after I posted that link
  • iohk
  • Veteran
OMG Noob leave nobody likes u

Originally posted by MickerMack8:
Michael Lewis is better than a guy who held Larry Fitzgerald to like 7 catches all last season? Really?

what are you talking about? both Boldin and Fitz kicked our butt last season. Even Breaston ate our "secondary".

This guy is the ultimate TOOL. Is he for real?

Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Michael Lewis is better than a guy who held Larry Fitzgerald to like 7 catches all last season? Really?

what are you talking about? both Boldin and Fitz kicked our butt last season. Even Breaston ate our "secondary".

wassup with the name calling buddy?
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:

wassup with the name calling buddy?

I don't know. Why are you talking about another mans penis? Last time I checked we ended up 13th in overall defense. So I would say no one in our secondary sucks. Roman wasn't horrible but he should be a back up. The only thing our secondary does lack is a rangy FS.

If you think Lewis is better than Clements or Harris your crazy. I would say they all have played very well besides Roman who has been benched. Your not top 15 in defense cause the back end of your defense sucks. Teams like San Diego, Cards and the Pats gave up more redzone passing TDs then us and only Pittsburg gave up less 20+ pass plays then us. Thats pretty good. YOU just remember a few long plays from last year and judge the whole season on it and that is just plain dumb.

Should have been so harsh with that first post but you should really know what your talking about before you state something.

Stats since '07

Interceptions:
Walt Harris - 7
Clements - 6
Lewis - 2

Forced Fumbles:
Harris - 1
Clements - 4
Lewis - 1

Passes Deflected:
Harris - 26
Clements - 23
Lewis - 11

Solo Tackles:
Harris - 91
Clements - 133
Lewis - 151

Sacks:
Harris - 1.0
Clements - 1.0
Lewis - 3.5

Lewis was as much of a "ball-hawk" as Roman was last year. I think this obviously shows that Clements is the best all around DB. Lewis might be better in run support (an average of 10 more tackles per season) but is nowhere near as good in coverage (less interceptions/passes deflected) and isn't a play maker (interceptions, forced fumbles). Maybe Clements isn't the perennial pro-bowler we signed him to be but neither is Lewis, and Clements is still better.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Hey, IWantwinners, you're the one who started this discussion so I'll ask you again: Haralson got more sacks as a linebacker than Patrick Willis. Does that make Haralson a better linebacker than Willis?

What does this have to do with the topic? I said Michael Lewis has been a better player at SS than Nate Clements at CB. It's a fact. Clements has given up a ton of big plays 2 years in a row now. Michael Lewis is the best player for the simple fact that he's consistent. Nate Clements is hot and cold.

Evidently, you're intent on pretending that Clements doesn't play the most difficult and dangerous position on the defense, one in which week after week, he is out on an island matched against the opposition's most potent receiver. The two players have almost opposite responsibilities in the backfield, so it's absurd to compare the two. Lewis is real good and I like him, but he's a hybrid linebacker/safety in our system - the guy brings it - but how many times is he asked to cover man-to-man one of the opposition's best receivers? Never. Of course Clements gives up more big plays than the strong safety. ALL CORNERBACKS DO. Every cornerback in the league gave up more big plays than the strong safety on his team. Can you begin to understand that?
Share 49ersWebzone