LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Michael Lewis (asks for release)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • p-dub52
  • Info N/A
HAHAHAHA IWantwinners!!!!! but seriously guy come on... are you real?
[ Edited by p-dub52 on May 10, 2009 at 2:16 AM ]
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
it's clements hands down. michael lewis is a great tackler, but is horrible in coverage

i rank our DB's:
-Clements
-Lewis
-Harris
-Brown
-Goldson
-Spencer
-Roman

2011 ratings / value:
- Clements - (B+)
- Brown - (B-) ...young and talented
- Lewis - (B) Great tackler, but SS is easier position to fill than CB, not as valuable, plus he's getting older
- Goldson - (?) (fingers crossed)
- J. Williams - (?) (hopefully he'll get it together)
- Spencer - (C+)
- R. Smith - (?) (question mark)

* We will be OK in 2010 since Harris can still play. But Harris probably won't be here in 2011, plus several other question marks.

But what they really need is a pass rush to perform well!
ML is a SS...whose forte is crunching ball carriers and receivers. He's very good at that...but to say he's the best player in our secondary is inaccurate. Nate Clements is the top dog...but, he can't be a superstar without more help from his teammates. That means not only his DB mates, but the front seven, too. Better QB pressure will result in more plays by our secondary. The addition of Goldson at FS will definitely help...our CB's will know he's got their back. The return of Spencer will also help...you can't have too many experienced CB's in the NFL. I'd also expect Tarrel Brown to step up this season. The dark horse is Jimmy Williams...if Singletary and Manusky can get him motivated, he could be a real player for us.
Lewis isn't better than Nate. Even though everybody hates on the guy, Nate is the best player we got in the secondary.
IWantWinners, are you going to actual make a point with some credible idea's and with facts to back it up or is your entire plan based around the premise that you can make a point by foolishly disregarding other poster's points. I have yet to see you make a quantified claim that has any sound logical thought behind it.
I still can't get over a guy comparing a strong safety to a cornerback and saying, "who gives up the most plays?" Come on, people. This is American Football 101. How about this: Haralson got more sacks as a linebacker than Patrick Willis. Does that make Haralson a better linebacker than Willis?
Originally posted by p-dub52:
HAHAHAHA IWantwinners!!!!! but seriously guy come on... are you real?
Hey, IWantwinners, you're the one who started this discussion so I'll ask you again: Haralson got more sacks as a linebacker than Patrick Willis. Does that make Haralson a better linebacker than Willis?
Originally posted by IWantWinners:
not Clements, not Walt Harris, and certainly not that ball hawk Roman

That's just sad. Our secondary sucks in the redzone. When opposing teams pass in the redzone I can almost guarantee that it's going to a touchdown. How can we fix this? Start a new FS, I don't care who it is. Any bum off the street is better than Roman. Start Brown over Harris. Harris is too old and slow now. Let Clements play to his style which is bump and run. We need a good FS so Clements can get physical with the WR. Michael Lewis doesn't need any help, he's a beast.

You have got to be seriously kidding! Lewis is a good player but he is NOT better than Clements, Harris, Spencer or even Brown!!!! The problem with our Secondary sucking in the Red Zone last year was a result of no DL pressure on the QB. The D-linemen were at the ankles of our DB's! That was the real problem!
Originally posted by ejroland:
The problem with our Secondary sucking in the Red Zone last year was a result of no DL pressure on the QB.

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

Correction, Lewis is the best quasi-linebacker in our secondary.
This threads still going?

Fine....

I've come to the conclusion that IWantWinners hates the Niners cus all he does is talk s**t about our players. We should all do ourselves a favor and NOT click on his threads anymore...
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Hey, IWantwinners, you're the one who started this discussion so I'll ask you again: Haralson got more sacks as a linebacker than Patrick Willis. Does that make Haralson a better linebacker than Willis?

What does this have to do with the topic? I said Michael Lewis has been a better player at SS than Nate Clements at CB. It's a fact. Clements has given up a ton of big plays 2 years in a row now. Michael Lewis is the best player for the simple fact that he's consistent. Nate Clements is hot and cold.
All you dudes who said Nate Clements didn't get smoked by Devery Henderson didn't watch the game. Here let me post a link for you Clements fanboys

ohhh look who got smoked at 2:21
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29580&season=2008&displayPage=tab_gamecenter

ohh and look who's making a play at 2:45 to get the ball back

M Leeezy baby
Share 49ersWebzone