LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Ahmed Brooks moved to OLB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AkNiners:
I like the idea of him learning from brick. If he had Bricks drive and work ethic he'd already have made the probowl with the natural talent he posses.

they are just jogging up the hill together, its the voluntary off season workouts.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Caption? I wonder what he is thinking lol

Jeff: "Ahmad, you've gotta bend your knees and shift into reverse to back your oversized trailer uphill."

Ahmad: "Forget this man, I could go for a Diet Coke with a double cheeseburger and chili fries right now."

Originally posted by 49erWill:
Caption? I wonder what he is thinking lol

A.Brooks: Hey Ulbrich, anybody tell you that you look like big poppa pump.
J.Ulbrich: Yeah, we got the same Vita supplement guy.
OTC, thanks for the set-up..

"You may put frosting, cute multi-colored sprinkles, a tiny bow, a pink ribbon, and a card with hearts and puppy dogs next to it, but at the end of the day, a turd is still a turd."

-MD

P.S. You guys are suckers if you think this guy is anything more than a situational role player at best. Don't be a sucker! He is a classic underachiever, and has about a 50-50 chance of making the team.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

"You may put frosting, cute multi-colored sprinkles, a tiny bow, a pink ribbon, and a card with hearts and puppy dogs next to it, but at the end of the day, a turd is still a turd."

-MD

P.S. You guys are suckers if you think this guy is anything more than a situational role player at best. Don't be a sucker! He is a classic underachiever, and has about a 50-50 chance of making the team.

Who could forget the quote?

The player I have most recently dealt the same label as a "turd" is Vontae Davis.

-MD

I didn't think you gave him any chance. 50-50 is not bad for a turd.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

-MD

The player I have most recently dealt the same label as a "turd" is Vontae Davis.

Vontae is certainly "turd worthy". He was so sloppy this season. It is really a shame, all that athletic ability going to waste.
Originally posted by pigskin:

-MD

I didn't think you gave him any chance. 50-50 is not bad for a turd.

You have seen our depth chart at the OLB, right?

I'm not going to say that he won't be on the roster, but I think he provides less importance than, let's say Marcus Hudson. And, I don't see many Marcus Hudson threads floating around.

It is the same story with Brooks. Big expectations every year, and a gigantic let-down. The guy is a classic underachiever, thus the turd moniker.

-MD

You maybe right, then again you maybe wrong. If you are right then nothing loss and nothing gained. If you are wrong, then you will have learned something new to add to your rep.

-MD

With so many other choices in the English language available to you, why you guys would choose to label another human being in such a disgusting way is hard to understand.

I am not on Brooks' bandwagon in any particular way, and I agree that he may have only a 50-50 shot at making the team. Further, I hope the coaches are not leaning over backwards for him, or cutting him any slack, in any way.

He may be an out of shape, lazy, unmotivated waste of space, an over-hyped bum, and a huge disappointment besides, but scatalogical references are unnecessary. IMHO.

Originally posted by oldninerdude:

-MD

With so many other choices in the English language available to you, why you guys would choose to label another human being in such a disgusting way is hard to understand.

I am not on Brooks' bandwagon in any particular way, and I agree that he may have only a 50-50 shot at making the team. Further, I hope the coaches are not leaning over backwards for him, or cutting him any slack, in any way.

He may be an out of shape, lazy, unmotivated waste of space, an over-hyped bum, and a huge disappointment besides, but scatalogical references are unnecessary. IMHO.

I can understand the dislike for such a label, but know that we're obviously being facetious. And I'd prefer to use the word "turd" rather than swear -- something I just choose not to do.

The zone likes to use much harsher scatological references such as:

"He's a piece of _____"
"Barlow is _____"

We've heard far worse things said on this board about current and former Niners being compared to various bodily functions and body parts.

-MD

MadDog, your a teacher, right? Is that how you think about underachievers in your classroom? Has one ever surprised you and outperformed your expectations?
Originally posted by mebemused:
Looks like Singletary is trying out Brooks at OLB this training camp. Previously he was backing up P-Willey. Don't know how he will fair, but at 6'3" 260 lbs, 4.69 40, and a Butkus finalist, he has the athleticism to compete at OLB.

I like that Singletary is moving athletes that were riding the pine, into positions where they might actually make plays in a game. Reggie Smith at FS is another example.

He was actually switched to OLB during the latter half of last season.
Is Roderick Green still on the team? Last I heard he had a DUI or something did he get cut?

-MD

The bold is all we are hoping for. Just get the damn QB!
Share 49ersWebzone