There are 175 users in the forums

Josh Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
J.Hill should produce nicely if given the chance too.

I wouldn't mind seeing Morgan, Crabtree, Hill, and Ziegler for years to come.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
J.Hill should produce nicely if given the chance too.

Hill should get his chance. i have a feeling the niners will release battle. So with crabs holding out should give Hill more playing time hope he takes it and runs with it.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
I love how all the McCloughan haters coincedentally forget that before he was with the Niners, he was the head scout for the Seahawks, who won a Super Bowl with players HE drafted. Oh, wait, didn't they also draft a RB who became the league MVP for breaking a rushing TD record? Shaun Alexander? If you don't believe in Scott, just look to the Seahawks and how well the drafted when Scott was there. He made that team through the draft and they went on to win a Super Bowl. All the haters need to remember that Nazi-Nolan was controlling the shots the whole time he was the Coach and he was AWFUL. That's why he was fired and McCloughan was made the GM. Let Scot do his thing. You have to give him time WITHOUT Nolan to prove himself. Then feel free to judge him. But Scott has a pretty damn good track record whether you all want to believe it or not. It's like Mike Mcarthy. I remember all the haters talking about how bad he was.. well... he seems to be doing pretty good calling the plays and being a HC in Green Bay. Bottom line, give it time, impatient people.

Seattle never won a super bowl dude...got there yes, and got screwed. But they didnt win. And he was a scout, never a GM, Holmgren was GM, then gave way to another dude. Scott made GM while Nolan was there not after.

ah, right. thanks for the correction on that. i still think him being a scout over there goes to show you that he has credibility when it comes to drafting players. thats all i was getting at. the guy can draft, but i feel he was hindered by nolan.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I don't think many people will draft him, but i am definitely picking him up as a FA
"When the word "wide receiver" is mentioned in the same sentence as the San Francisco 49ers, the first name that comes to mind is Jerry Rice. Arguably the greatest receiver to ever grace the gridiron, Rice finished his illustrious career with numerous NFL records." ----WTF

This just in: Micael Fabiano smokes crack while writing articles, catch it tonight on the NFL Network.
BUMP

I didn't know Morgan had been through as much as he has:

Quote:
Morgan has a hidden tattoo, a somber one that reminds him to enjoy every second of life. Reared in Washington, Morgan constantly lost peers to violence. At Virginia Tech, he was attending class in the building next door to the one where most people died during the massacre of 2007.

Last year, on the first day of training camp, Morgan learned that a dear friend, Theodore Miller, had been sitting on his motorcycle, talking to friends, when a car came by, out of control, and killed him.

"I went into the trainer's room and covered my head with a towel and cried for about 20 minutes," Morgan said. In the next two weeks, he got the tattoo on the underside of his left arm - a picture of the Capitol building with Theo's name and the dates of his birth and death.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9913200/Other-receivers-are-49ers'-best-leverage-

I have the feeling Morgan (and Davis btw) is going to shred defenses this year..
Originally posted by CashusClay123:
I expect Josh Morgan to be our #1, while someone else, ( like Hill, or maybe Jones ) to start at #2. Then after a few games Crabtree will step into the #2 role.

Our WR core is set for YEARS! Crabtree, Morgan, Hill, Jones, Ziegler even.

Perhaps Bruce can contribute again? Anywho, Yeah if Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD, I expect him to play REALLY REALLY GOOD!

Go niners

I would not be surprised at all if this happens, and I would be VERY happy.
  • rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersSF:
morgan looked really good last year. So its not surprising that he'll only get better. Man i cant believe the dept we have at wr, running back n tight end. We still need a proven qb n another tackle though. Man we havent been this deep on offense in years. Im excited abt the coming season.
yeah qb and t the 2 most important positions on offense. i expect our top those 2 positions filled with our top 2-3 picks in 2010. i agree the depth at rb, wr and te looks good.
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A
I've been a fan of his from day one and our WR core is solid.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Josh Morgan is going to have 1000 receiving yards this year. Book it.

I think it's going to be a breakout season for Morgan, and he could break a 1000 yards.
If Bruce and Morgan continue to look this good in practice, Crabtree will surely be competing for the #3 spot this season. At this point, Morgan deserves more money Crabs.
Originally posted by crzy:

it's been so long! that's exciting, let's go august bring on september's opener

btw, I think 2010 brings Crabtree, Morgan, Jones as our big 3 and a year under raye's offense. with ________ at QB. and a nice shiny new RT with our 1st rd pick. i like the idea of 2010 being a year where we play into late january

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Aug 9, 2009 at 19:38:12 ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by crzy:

it's been so long! that's exciting, let's go august bring on september's opener

btw, I think 2010 brings Crabtree, Morgan, Jones as our big 3 and a year under raye's offense. with ________ at QB. and a nice shiny new RT with our 1st rd pick. i like the idea of 2010 being a year where we play into late january

I have a feeling that Boone will end up proving himself worthy of the future RT title... Next year's draft with bring us either Eric Berry or Ndamukong Suh with our 1st pick and Jevan Snead with our 2nd first rounder.
Share 49ersWebzone