There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Josh Morgan looks REALLY REALLY GOOD

• dald1
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
can he stay healthy though?

dude he missed last year with a staff infection that could have happend to any1...its not like he was injured...complete fluke
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/12/21/ba-49ers_rams_fo_0499584432.jpg

haha...this one looks like it is going to be picked off

good thing it was a TOUCH DOWN!!
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Josh Morgan is a beast. !!!
i'm really starting to think our WR troubles may finally be over. at the start of the season it should Morgan and Bruce. however, late last season when Bruce was out for a game or two, i think J. Hill really stepped in nicely. with any luck Hill may supplant Bruce late this next season and it could be the makings of a young, talented, potential packed WR core (Morgan, Crab, Hill) for years to come.

Rollin with, wait a minute can you believe people used to say this?!

ominous Sing
  • tagliabue
  • Info N/A
Can someone help me understand why we can't start Crabtree and Morgan at the same time? The slot can be played by Bruce and Hill so that leaves 2 spots with Jones as a backup.

Maybe I don't fully understand the X, Y and Z positions but if a system doesn't allow us to play our best players that seems a bit suspect.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by tagliabue:
Can someone help me understand why we can't start Crabtree and Morgan at the same time? The slot can be played by Bruce and Hill so that leaves 2 spots with Jones as a backup.

Maybe I don't fully understand the X, Y and Z positions but if a system doesn't allow us to play our best players that seems a bit suspect.

Morgan and Crabtree play the same position. I don't know if it's X Y or Z, i dunno Xs and Os that much, but i read somewhere that they play the same WR position. Bruce will start the season at the other end and will probably have Hill or Jones play the slot. I don't know how it will shake up, but this is what i envision:

Bruce, Morgan and Hill start the season while easing Crabtree into the starting lineup.

By midseason Crabtree starts over Bruce and Bruce is reduced to a limited role. Remember he is getting pretty old.

So by this scenario our WRs would look like this:

Morgan
Crabtree
Hill/Bruce
Jones

I know we have some money invested in Jones, but with Morgan emerging and looking "REALLY REALLY GOOD" I don't see how we can not start him. Also, it'd be most advantageous to us if Crabtree develops ASAP so that we can have a double threat at WR with the slot threat in Hill with Jones coming in to the slot position also.

That's just how i see it though.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
X, Y, Z, split ends, flankers....whatever.

They are all interchangeable.

Morgan and Bruce will start the season, and Crabtree will take over Bruce's starting spot when he's ready.
I like the competition at WR it will bring the best out of them and the coaches will pick who should start. We have not had any WR competition like this for a while it should be interesting to see what happens in the near future.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
can he stay healthy though?

He got a staph infection last year that wasnt his fault
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
Originally posted by Dapro:
Doesn't matter who we have at Wrs, our QB is below average...

Only if Smith starts, but he won't.

I honestly don't care which one of them starts...i have faith in Raygeltary (like it? i just made it up. ) and who ever starts i believe can get the job done this season

GO NINERS!!!!

I think SingleRaye sounds better.

SingletaRaye...
Don't forget the fact the Bruce will be there to haul in all of the 3rd down passing plays
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

I honestly don't care which one of them starts...i have faith in Raygeltary (like it? i just made it up. ) and who ever starts i believe can get the job done this season

GO NINERS!!!!

SingletaRaye...

SingRaye
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2008/12/21/ba-49ers_rams_fo_0499584432.jpg

haha...this one looks like it is going to be picked off

good thing it was a TOUCH DOWN!!

That pass should of been picked off it was a horrible throw but because the Rams suck it went our way. Happy with the result but with good teams it would of been picked off.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

GO NINERS!!!!

SingletaRaye...

SingRaye

Plagiarism!
They gotta start both of them! They can compliment each other like Rice and Taylor did