LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Bear Pascoe is a 49er!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would take DW and Bear right now over VD, unless he comes ready to play, not ready to lift.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I watched a good amount of Fresno St games last season. Bear was a huge chunk of that offense. He had a phenomenal game against Texas A&M 2 years ago. Just making clutch catch one after the other. It was a shame they lost that game. He will probably be in our goal line packages and in on running plays to block. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him in there as a decoy. Like fake a block and go out and make a catch.

I like this pick alot.
Never smart to be overconfident because you look good.

There were many faster better looking tight ends than Russ Francis and Brent Jones.

Davis better learn how to catch fast.

Too many young one's in here think bling before ring.
The fact that Pascoe is 6'5" (VD 6'3"), and he seems to have soft hands (VD tends to have hands of stone), is a great bonus out of a guy the Niners just want as a blocker. I don't know how much playing time he will get, but it does mean that this was an upgrade over Bajema and a good pick. Hopefully he will continue to impress and add another weapon to the arsenal.
i really like this pick as well.. we're one of the worst teams, if not THEE worst, in red zone opportunities.. this pick makes plenty of sense because we finally have a red zone threat in pascoe that we've been lacking for years.. vernon davis, d-love, and our WR corps have not been able to get it done
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
i really like this pick as well.. we're one of the worst teams, if not THEE worst, in red zone opportunities.. this pick makes plenty of sense because we finally have a red zone threat in pascoe that we've been lacking for years.. vernon davis, d-love, and our WR corps have not been able to get it done

Don't forget Crabs...he will be a Beast in the Red Zone
Looks like our new TE can catch as well as block.

If this dude can catch and run routes at an average level, then we may have something very strong and unpredictable in our offense in terms of the 2 Tight End sets.
if he can block as good as vernon davis...we will have equivalent to a 7 man line when we go 2 TE's w/ davis and pascoe both opening up holes in the run game

sick
Originally posted by iLL49er:
if he can block as good as vernon davis...we will have equivalent to a 7 man line when we go 2 TE's w/ davis and pascoe both opening up holes in the run game

sick

And being able to catch.

Maybe Vernon and "The Dancing Bear" should have a dance off to decide who's the starter.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on May 4, 2009 at 1:56 PM ]

• yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Maybe Vernon and "The Dancing Bear" should have a dance off to decide who's the starter.

He's a maniac................maniac.....on the floor! And he's dancin like he's never danced befoooooore!
I am already a big Pascoe fan. I wouldn't be surprised if Davis got hurt, Pascoe stepping in and putting up big numbers ala Eric Johnson having better stats than Davis in '06.
Share 49ersWebzone