There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Michael Crabtree is a 49er!

Originally posted by GoreIsABoss415:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
All these "nicknames" are lame takes on the "crab" theme...

Come on, people! how 'bout :

YES!

Funny!!
Originally posted by mistersmith:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
All these "nicknames" are lame takes on the "crab" theme...

Come on, people! how 'bout :

YES!

Funny!!

PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
T.O. had #15 as a rookie too so lets hope he puts up the same stats!!!
Originally posted by cestmoi:
[b]"We get it, but it's stupid."[/b]

now by "we" I'm assuming you are speaking for yourself and not all 49er fans. I'm not saying that everyone will like the name, It's almost impossible for everyone to like one nickname, especially one that was created within a group of friends. So, feel free to let me know your ideas for a nickname (so I can most likely shoot it down). I don't just call Patrick Willis "Dr. Manhattan". Instead I use a variety of names like P. Willy, The Beast, Lil' Sing, Sing Junior, and of course The G.O.A.T. In Training

I call him Willis, or Patrick Willis.
The usual point of a nickname is to make a name shorter or easier to say anyway, so why make it three times as long?
I call Crabtree 'Crabs' just because that is what his teammates called him in college and what everyone here in Lubbock called him.
So you can shoot 'Crabs' down if you want and say it's stupid, but since he answers to it (or used to), you'd be wrong.

That's exactly what I have been calling Crabtree for the past few weeks so at least we can agree on one thing

I got it
It's just a new one
And I think it will be better for an offensive player

Here's an Idea
Is Calvin Johnson is Megatron
Michael Crabtree can be Optimus Prime
Crabpubes
That's MISTER Crabs to you, buddy.
I really hope this doesn't turn into a Reggie Bush type thing. Where we annoint him as our savior for falling to us in the draft.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Lets not get our expectations of him too high.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
I read somewhere on this forum that while Deion had that camp and Crabtree was there he went up against Pacman and made him leave the field out of frustration.

Any truth to this?

If there is, that's pretty damn good getting into the head of an old Pro Bowl CB.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
I read somewhere on this forum that while Deion had that camp and Crabtree was there he went up against Pacman and made him leave the field out of frustration.

Any truth to this?

If there is, that's pretty damn good getting into the head of an old Pro Bowl CB.

Well he's going to go up against Nate everyday so he should get great reps in at practice, not to mention Nate can press very well so Crabtree will get his crash course very quickly.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
"Michael Crabtree will be an All-Pro receiver in his first season"

-Woody Paige on Around the Horn

Woody Paige is also a complete moron. I wouldn't ready anything into that. If Crabtree gets 50 catches, 5 TD's and 700 yards receiving I wouldn't expect anything more and I would be happy.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
"Michael Crabtree will be an All-Pro receiver in his first season"

-Woody Paige on Around the Horn

Woody Paige is also a complete moron. I wouldn't ready anything into that. If Crabtree gets 50 catches, 5 TD's and 700 yards receiving I wouldn't expect anything more and I would be happy.

Thats a good point about expectations but he seems like the kind of guy that can handle those expectations. I just hope he can help move the chains

and go the distance every other time he touches the ball
  • Clownshoes
  • Info N/A

Any truth to this?

{Maybe the most beneficial experience, though, came when Sanders invited Crabtree to attend his camp at SMU last summer. With NFL all-stars such as Devin Hester and T.J. Houshmandzadeh looking on, Crabtree went one-on-one with Pacman. More times than not, the college kid beat the pro.

“It was remarkable,” Wells said. “He looked like he’d already been playing in the NFL for years. Pacman, naturally, was all mad and pissed off about it. But in the end he couldn’t help but compliment Michael and show his respect.”}

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-crabtree111408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

He will defiantly be a productive receiver but it will defiantly take time to adjust to the NFL level and recover fully from his surgery.
Originally posted by crzy:

man, he must be able to give 1 hell of a reach around
Originally posted by Clownshoes:

Any truth to this?

{Maybe the most beneficial experience, though, came when Sanders invited Crabtree to attend his camp at SMU last summer. With NFL all-stars such as Devin Hester and T.J. Houshmandzadeh looking on, Crabtree went one-on-one with Pacman. More times than not, the college kid beat the pro.

“It was remarkable,” Wells said. “He looked like he’d already been playing in the NFL for years. Pacman, naturally, was all mad and pissed off about it. But in the end he couldn’t help but compliment Michael and show his respect.”}

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=jn-crabtree111408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

He will defiantly be a productive receiver but it will defiantly take time to adjust to the NFL level and recover fully from his surgery.

"Crabtree’s maturation off the field has been striking, too. Last spring he returned to Dallas and went to a party with some of his friends from high school. The next day Wells learned that Crabtree had returned home before midnight.

“He said there was some stuff going on that he didn’t want to be around,” said Wells, who declined to provide specifics. “You’re not going to catch him smoking. You’re not going to catch him drinking. You’re not going to catch him doing things he’s not supposed to do.

“I’m around pro athletes every day and he’s been around them, too. You see how they screw up. You see the money they’ve made and lost. That’s not going to happen to Michael. He’s got his head on straight.” "