LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Pants on Friday:

Equipment manager put too many quarters in the machine and over-dried them. Jed put in an order for a new shipment of pants, they should be coming in for the season opener.
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Pants on Friday:

Equipment manager put too many quarters in the machine and over-dried them. Jed put in an order for a new shipment of pants, they should be coming in for the season opener.

That guy looks like I feel about those pants. They gotta get that fixed. Red and Green? Not gonna work!
why did the pants look a bit greenish on friday?
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by linkboy:
Here's what I propose (with picture of Bly for reference) for fixing the uniforms.

A) Drop the gold circle from the logo (fill it with red). The gold isn't blending in with the helmet. Basically you'll have combined the old logo with the 96 logo (the 96 logo is more streamlined). I'll post an example tomorrow (when I get home).

B) Lower the logo. To me it looks like its centered to high. Move it down a bit and it'll look better

C) The stripes. Make them like last years uniforms (but solid white stripes). There's a lot of ample space between the sleeve and the pads where it they would work perfectly.See Pittsburgh's uniforms as an example of what I'm talking about. That will still allow the stripes to be there, but allows players to tuck their sleeves (or wear the elastic that some do).

D) The pants. Even though I feel these aren't the regular season pants, if they are though, here's what I propose. Bring back the shiny gold. Also, no knee high pants like what Bly is wearing, it just looks stupid.

A few tweaks and this uniform set will be perfect, they're not far off.

I'll bet my left nut those will be the pants we are rocking all season.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't mind the pants. Don't care if they're shiny or not. Just fix the stripes, and I'd be ecstatic.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it depends what network you watch it on. On NFLN the pants look more gold. On the bay area CBS station they looked a little green.
Originally posted by crzy:
I don't mind the pants. Don't care if they're shiny or not. Just fix the stripes, and I'd be ecstatic.

What is the problem with the stripes?
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by crzy:

What is the problem with the stripes?

I think he means the stripes on the sleeves, not the pants.
We got new uniforms?
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
We got new uniforms?

shut up are you serious?Next you are gonna tell me something crazy like Steve Young isnt our Qb anymore
[ Edited by valrod33 on Aug 19, 2009 at 7:27 AM ]

Originally posted by RedAlert:
Pants on Friday:

That guy looks like I feel about those pants. They gotta get that fixed. Red and Green? Not gonna work!

There is just something very funky about those pants - don't like the color, texture nor the small stripe. Everything else looks fine. It should have been so simple, just go back to the retro uni's they played a couple games in the last couple years.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
We got new uniforms?

shut up are you serious?Next you are gonna tell me something crazy like Steve Young isnt our Qb anymore

Nooo...just drafted him for my fantasy team we're all set
Originally posted by skibeerski:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Pants on Friday:

There is just something very funky about those pants - don't like the color, texture nor the small stripe. Everything else looks fine. It should have been so simple, just go back to the retro uni's they played a couple games in the last couple years.

The players had a lot to say in the design. They wanted narrower stripes on the pants beacuse they obstruct less.
They look good to me, But I would like to see the shiny gold pants instead of the dull gold color.
Totally Luvum. I especially like the decision to have Willis and Clements(?) model them - Willis looking and smiling like Bob Marley with tattoos!
[ Edited by 666SF666SF on Aug 19, 2009 at 8:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone