There are 233 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFSK8R89:
sleeves and strips are ugly

lol
Originally posted by skylynx05:
Agreed... EPIC FAIL!

To think that people actually brainstormed together to come up with that is utterly disgusting.

The red on the helmet DOES NOT MATCH the red on the jersey!!!

The grey facemask is ATROCIOUS!

They fixed the tan pants??? Where??? They looked tan to me!

We are in the dark ages folks. Seriously, it is extremely painful to look at. Are you guys such homers that you cannot look at something objectively???

Luckily, I'm in So. Cal and I don't have to see those uni's on a regular basis.

lol....no....

We are able to see them as what they are...a modern adaptation of the old school classic 49ers uniforms. Just like what the Giants did.

These uniforms don't look space age (and thats a good thing), they look classic.

I LOVE 'em. ;-)
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 17, 2009 at 9:04 AM ]
I love these unis. Prob. the best they have ever worn IMO.
ya'll some picky a55 mo fo's if you don't like the new uni's

i think they look CLEAN!
They are gonna be looking real clean while they are kicking ass this season!
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by the_woad:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Did I miss something? Because when the Niners unveiled the uniforms their pants looked like they were made of the shinny material ( like the Raiders and Cowboys). The pants they wore on Friday looked flat( like the Giants pants). Not complaining, just not what I expected. Anyone else notice a difference? Did the Niners change their minds?

I was wondering that myself. The pictures from the rookie symposium with Crabtree, Davis and Coffee were much shinier as well.

It's probably due to the fact that there was no direct sunlight on the players, it was late and the sun was setting. So no sun = no shiny pants. Which is okay, I thought they looked great that way.

Nope, they are different pants altogether. They had the right intention with the uniform change but I think they royally screwed up. The red in the logo is darker than the jerseys, the pants look like boogers, the gold from the helmet doesn't match the pants...

Anyone who has played football in the last 15 or so years can tell that the materials are different. This is the newer material the cardinals and most college teams use for their pants.

Pants at the draft party:

Pants on Friday:

I know a lot people don't like these pants, but they look like they fit the players better than the shiny pants. They look more flexible and lighter.
[ Edited by kw49 on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:37 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The new uni's are a complete fail IMO. The only thing that looks good is the red but they ruined it with the lame ass stripes. The pants are just plain ugly, they almost look kind of green on tv. The gray face mask goes with nothing in the color scheme. I dont know who they hired for this but he needs to be fired asap.
Originally posted by susweel:
The new uni's are a complete fail IMO. The only thing that looks good is the red but they ruined it with the lame ass stripes. The pants are just plain ugly, they almost look kind of green on tv. The gray face mask goes with nothing in the color scheme. I dont know who they hired for this but he needs to be fired asap.

And on the throwbacks the gray went with what? Im not a great fan of the gray facemasks at all.
Love the new uni's. Old school tradition, old school winning!

Can't wait to see the white uni's in Dallas!!

BTW, it's about football, not fashion, RIGHT?? GO NINERS!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Originally posted by susweel:

And on the throwbacks the gray went with what? Im not a great fan of the gray facemasks at all.

Thats why they changed it.

• JD81
  • Veteran
I honestly think the new jerseys look SICK on tv.....
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
i've never seen so many people who care so much about a jersey.

That's like calling "The Stars and Stripes" just a flag.

There is a history and winnig tradition connected to the dynasty era uniforms.

We want to re-capture that lost tradition in our uniforms as well as in our quality of play.

All well and good, but we are NOWHERE near that level at this time. It would be nothing short of a travesty to go back to that and then fail miserably this season.

Fans are this close to lynching the Yorks as it is.

~Ceadder
Here's what I propose (with picture of Bly for reference) for fixing the uniforms.

A) Drop the gold circle from the logo (fill it with red). The gold isn't blending in with the helmet. Basically you'll have combined the old logo with the 96 logo (the 96 logo is more streamlined). I'll post an example tomorrow (when I get home).

B) Lower the logo. To me it looks like its centered to high. Move it down a bit and it'll look better

C) The stripes. Make them like last years uniforms (but solid white stripes). There's a lot of ample space between the sleeve and the pads where it they would work perfectly.See Pittsburgh's uniforms as an example of what I'm talking about. That will still allow the stripes to be there, but allows players to tuck their sleeves (or wear the elastic that some do).

D) The pants. Even though I feel these aren't the regular season pants, if they are though, here's what I propose. Bring back the shiny gold. Also, no knee high pants like what Bly is wearing, it just looks stupid.

A few tweaks and this uniform set will be perfect, they're not far off.
  • 49erTone
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by GONEINERS:
Love the new uni's. Old school tradition, old school winning!

Can't wait to see the white uni's in Dallas!!

BTW, it's about football, not fashion, RIGHT?? GO NINERS!!

I love em too...But I think we have to wait and see the white ones in the 4th preseason game. First time I ever seen the Niners wear white at Dallas was last year ...

But the uni's are great! cant please everyone though
I kind of wished they made the numbers slightly thinner. Those thick numbers look too old school.
Share 49ersWebzone