There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Originally posted by skylynx05:
Agreed... EPIC FAIL!

To think that people actually brainstormed together to come up with that is utterly disgusting.

The red on the helmet DOES NOT MATCH the red on the jersey!!!

The grey facemask is ATROCIOUS!

They fixed the tan pants??? Where??? They looked tan to me!

We are in the dark ages folks. Seriously, it is extremely painful to look at. Are you guys such homers that you cannot look at something objectively???

Luckily, I'm in So. Cal and I don't have to see those uni's on a regular basis.

the only thing i can agree with is the RED on the helmet is still the dark RED,i dont know why they did that,other than that i think they are BEAUTIFUL! Hopefully soon i can bring my white CRABTREE jersey out of the bottom of my drawer when that fool signs a contract!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Did I miss something? Because when the Niners unveiled the uniforms their pants looked like they were made of the shinny material ( like the Raiders and Cowboys). The pants they wore on Friday looked flat( like the Giants pants). Not complaining, just not what I expected. Anyone else notice a difference? Did the Niners change their minds?

I was wondering that myself. The pictures from the rookie symposium with Crabtree, Davis and Coffee were much shinier as well.

It's probably due to the fact that there was no direct sunlight on the players, it was late and the sun was setting. So no sun = no shiny pants. Which is okay, I thought they looked great that way.

Maybe they are gonna break out the shine on opening weekend of the regular season? I hope so cuz i for one like the shine!
after watching our preseason game and seeing the new uni's in action, all i have to say is.......



the pants are awful. theyre a poop brown, not gold. not even the throwback gold. they look like the old Saints pants. im very disapointed. the jersies were already plain, they could have at least made the pants look decent. i dont mind the helmets, but im very upset about the pants.

the pants color looks like they were designed to hide skid marks...
I agree, something is wrong with the pants.

And the stripes on the sleeves bother me, can't help it.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
i've never seen so many people who care so much about a jersey.

That's like calling "The Stars and Stripes" just a flag.

There is a history and winnig tradition connected to the dynasty era uniforms.

We want to re-capture that lost tradition in our uniforms as well as in our quality of play.

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on Aug 16, 2009 at 3:43 PM ]
Uni's are fine. No, not just fine, they look amazing.

There. This thread is up to 71 pages so that others could have an outlet to b***h about them, whereas the people that love the uni's don't really have much else to say about it, so they don't post here. I'm here to shake things up a bit.
The New UNIs look great during gametime.
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Originally posted by GoNiners:
i've never seen so many people who care so much about a jersey.

That's like calling "The Stars and Stripes" just a flag.

There is a history and winnig tradition connected to the dynasty era uniforms.

We want to re-capture that lost tradition in our uniforms as well as in our quality of play.


i see what you're saying and i do agree partially but there's a lot more important things to worry about here. We're not the Niners of old and probably never will be again. Singletary is starting something new with this team. So to me the jerseys are not important to me. I wanna see production on the field and i want the team to win and be a playoff contender.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Did I miss something? Because when the Niners unveiled the uniforms their pants looked like they were made of the shinny material ( like the Raiders and Cowboys). The pants they wore on Friday looked flat( like the Giants pants). Not complaining, just not what I expected. Anyone else notice a difference? Did the Niners change their minds?

I was wondering that myself. The pictures from the rookie symposium with Crabtree, Davis and Coffee were much shinier as well.

It's probably due to the fact that there was no direct sunlight on the players, it was late and the sun was setting. So no sun = no shiny pants. Which is okay, I thought they looked great that way.

Nope, they are different pants altogether. They had the right intention with the uniform change but I think they royally screwed up. The red in the logo is darker than the jerseys, the pants look like boogers, the gold from the helmet doesn't match the pants...

Anyone who has played football in the last 15 or so years can tell that the materials are different. This is the newer material the cardinals and most college teams use for their pants.

Pants at the draft party:


Pants on Friday:


The Broncos played in the same light and their pants are shiny. Ours are dull and boogerish.

Here is a booger to compare the color.
[ Edited by the_woad on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:47 PM ]
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by the_woad:


thats looks photoshopped lol

Check out the pictures at this website in all their glory.
[ Edited by the_woad on Aug 16, 2009 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by the_woad:


Pants on Friday:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by the_woad:


thats looks photoshopped lol

I like the pants color more now... the pale gold was just too bland to me.
  • the_woad
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by the_woad:


thats looks photoshopped lol

I like the pants color more now... the pale gold was just too bland to me.

But at the same time, if we are going to go old school with the dull pants why not just go all the way with the whole thing? This in-between thing is not a good look.

[ Edited by the_woad on Aug 17, 2009 at 12:06 AM ]
Originally posted by the_woad:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by the_woad:


thats looks photoshopped lol

I like the pants color more now... the pale gold was just too bland to me.

But at the same time, if we are going to go old school with the dull pants why not just go all the way with the whole thing? This in-between thing is not a good look.


I wish they would have gone back to the tan or stuck with the shiny gold. i'm not diggin the current pants either but it still gets a from me.
sleeves and strips are ugly