LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: New Uni's Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
The new unis are a disaster. I understand the majority of you wanted to go old school, but this was a far stretch. Teams like Green Bay and Indy stick with old unis, but they give their jerseys a bold look. Niner brass tried awful hard to make our jerseys match the glory days, but their attempt at adding a fresh new look only made the new unis look fugly.

Maybe some of you senior citizens felt that you were watching Montana and Co. on the field, but the rest of us just saw plain, odd looking unis that didnt stand out. If anything, Id prefer to go back to last year's unis, which made us look like we belonged in this century.

EPIC FAIL !

No hyperbole here folks, nothing to see here! Please disperse! Nothing to see here. Please!
The new unis are a disaster. I understand the majority of you wanted to go old school, but this was a far stretch. Teams like Green Bay and Indy stick with old unis, but they give their jerseys a bold look. Niner brass tried awful hard to make our jerseys match the glory days, but their attempt at adding a fresh new look only made the new unis look fugly.

Maybe some of you senior citizens felt that you were watching Montana and Co. on the field, but the rest of us just saw plain, odd looking unis that didnt stand out. If anything, Id prefer to go back to last year's unis, which made us look like we belonged in this century.

EPIC FAIL !

lol too bad i loved the uni's
Originally posted by crzy:
The sleeve stripes are hideous.

The rest of the jersey is golden.

PLEASE get rid of the damn stripes.

Our training camp jerseys look PERFECT

Thats the replica jersey. The authentic ones are a different color and style.
I'm pulling the trigger today on my new P Dubb jersey b***hezzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Stoked.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by Niner3030:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by RedAlert:
Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Apparently I'm in the minority when I say this, but, I actually like the stripes.

I like the stripes too.

Without the stripes we start going into Cardinals uni territory.

Um no.

The Cardinals have a completely different color jersey.

We are cherry red.

The stripes are ugly as f**k

Um yes. It's still red and its bad enough we have the team name written above the numbers like the cardinals do. You're basically asking for a throwback Cardinals uniform with a lighter shade of red. But I'm not here to tell you about Jesus. You already know about Jesus, he either lives in your heart or he doesn't. (By Jesus I mean Jed York).

wow the similarities are uncanny!!! we do look like the throwback Cardinal unis...

I mean other than the helmet, jersey, pants and socks, its exactly the same!

Oh wow thank you for pointing that out. Your Mark Twain prize is in the mail. I mean its really a service to the less fortunate minded who didn't think I was just talking about the jersey.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

EPIC FAIL !

lol too bad i loved the uni's

i've never seen so many people who care so much about a jersey.
The helmet is the only thing that's bothering me and I can't put my finger on it. I think its the stripe and the 96 logo.

I'm sure it'll grow on me, though.

EPIC FAIL !

I'm sorry....I'm gonna have to call your post an Epic Fail.

The ONLY thing I never liked about the 80's uniforms were the damn tan pants...and they just fixed that.

The simple bright red jerseys with gold pants and the red and white stripes with grey facemask....PERFECT.

As for the stripes on the sleeves....to be honest I don't even notice them...and I think thats the point.

The uniforms of the past few years were WAY too BUSY. I also missed the brighter red.

My hope is that we do throwback uniforms that look like the 94 SB team uniforms.
Originally posted by linkboy:
The helmet is the only thing that's bothering me and I can't put my finger on it. I think its the stripe and the 96 logo.

I was thinking the same thing about the helmets, it seems that the logo is higher on the helmet then usual. I don't know maybe im wrong. By the way the uniform is great, stop crying about it!

I think I know where your coming from. To me, it seems like the logo is too busy for the otherwise old school helmet. I, however, am sure it will grow on me too.
Agreed... EPIC FAIL!

To think that people actually brainstormed together to come up with that is utterly disgusting.

The red on the helmet DOES NOT MATCH the red on the jersey!!!

The grey facemask is ATROCIOUS!

They fixed the tan pants??? Where??? They looked tan to me!

We are in the dark ages folks. Seriously, it is extremely painful to look at. Are you guys such homers that you cannot look at something objectively???

Luckily, I'm in So. Cal and I don't have to see those uni's on a regular basis.

I think I know where your coming from. To me, it seems like the logo is too busy for the otherwise old school helmet. I, however, am sure it will grow on me too.

In my case its mostly mental. I was 16 when the team switched in 96 and it was 13 years later when they changed this season.

My mind is telling me that the old helmet needs the old logo and the new logo shouldn't be there.

I'll get over it in time.
Did I miss something? Because when the Niners unveiled the uniforms their pants looked like they were made of the shinny material ( like the Raiders and Cowboys). The pants they wore on Friday looked flat( like the Giants pants). Not complaining, just not what I expected. Anyone else notice a difference? Did the Niners change their minds?
Did I miss something? Because when the Niners unveiled the uniforms their pants looked like they were made of the shinny material ( like the Raiders and Cowboys). The pants they wore on Friday looked flat( like the Giants pants). Not complaining, just not what I expected. Anyone else notice a difference? Did the Niners change their minds?

I was wondering that myself. The pictures from the rookie symposium with Crabtree, Davis and Coffee were much shinier as well.

It's probably due to the fact that there was no direct sunlight on the players, it was late and the sun was setting. So no sun = no shiny pants. Which is okay, I thought they looked great that way.
Share 49ersWebzone