There are 172 users in the forums

Staley,Baas,Hietman,Rachal,Smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Give me Andre Smith, then Duke Robinson in the 2nd and we'll have a dominant O-line for years.

I know we need a pass rusher and a RB, but we could look to the mid-rounds to fill these needs also. David Veikune, Brandon Williams, Kory Sheets, Arian Foster, Devin Moore, and many others could really help us out.

A dominant O-line is key to having a successful offense. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd be very pleased if it did.
I want to know how Wallace is coming along. Heitman was getting blown up at times last season.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Martz and Warhop are the reason we gave up 55 sacks. If Shaun Hill is the Qb we should do a better job, he gets rid of the ball quickly.
Rachal, Smith, VD and Norris is a lot of man meat plowing the way for Gore to the right side this year.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:
I want to know how Wallace is coming along. Heitman was getting blown up at times last season.

Heitmann was maybe the teams best lineman last year. I think when people thought Heitmann looked bad last season that it was actually the guards problem. If they dont play musical chairs at the gaurd position this season Heitmann will all of a sudden look much better to the casual viewer. Wallace is a long long long shot to ever unseat Heitmann while he is healthy and on the team. Look for Wallace only if Heitmann gets injured or eventually leaves the team which is probably why he was drafted in the first place.
[ Edited by walker807 on Apr 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by walker807:

Heitmann was maybe the teams best lineman last year. I think when people thought Heitmann looked bad last season that it was actually the guards problem. If they dont play musical chairs at the gaurd position this season Heitmann will all of a sudden look much better to the casual viewer. Wallace is a long long long shot to ever unseat Heitmann while he is healthy and on the team. Look for Wallace only if Heitmann gets injured or eventually leaves the team which is probably why he was drafted in the first place.

Wallace could also make the transition to guard if Baas leaves in FA next year.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by walker807:

Wallace could also make the transition to guard if Baas leaves in FA next year.

That's a scary thought. Wallace is an under-sized OC and would kill us in the run game. Regardless, I really doubt that he could be out Wragge at LG.
I hope we grab a OT with one of our first four picks, I dont wanna see Sims on the field next year playing Tackle for us, he got owned way too many times last year!!!
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
We were strong in run blocking? That is odd, I remember us getting stuffed in short situations a lot more than I remember us succeeding.

No fullback.

We had absolutely no push from the line when it counted most. Lifer is so right- unfortunately
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
You lost me at Hietman?

Once again, folks. You are not required to post. In fact, if you cannot spell our best offensive lineman's name correctly, do us a favor and don't post.

Now, back to my post on Patrike Willise.

Woof!!!

lol.

But he did spell Smith's name correctly!

Just kidding.

FAILBOAT!
Originally posted by zillabeast:
FAILBOAT!

That's just mean!
This is what I feel about them. Guys you better get refocused for the remainder of the season. The schedule gets harder. Frank Gore is gonna need your help real bad in the next few weeks. I don't care what you do but you better get your acts together ASAP or you may cost coach Sing and Scottie Mac their jobs.
Inconsistency.
  • Mex49
I blame coaching for this one too. Put them in a fight they can f**king win.

5 blocking 8. DO THE f**kING MATH COACH
Share 49ersWebzone