There are 234 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Damon Huard Flaming Hawk Brigade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by oscarug:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I'll root for anybody but Alex Schmuck

I will root for anybody who is wearing a 49ers jersey.

did you root for Lawrence Philips when he missed the block that ended S. Youngs career?

did you root for K. Harris everytime he did a false start?

i mean.. they were wearing 49er jerseys at the time..

i think the biggest problem with Smith is that since we drafted him.. we had him compete with career backups: Rattay, Hill, Dilfer, JTO... and has failed to outplay them every year... most of them 3rd stringers..

imagine if we had him compete against quality backups or a solid starter...

Don't get me wrong. There are some players who I would like off the team (Kwame was one of them), however, every time he got on the field I would want him to succeed. There are people on this board who appear to dislike A. Smith enough to the point where they don't want him to do well. That just upsets me.
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
  • nivek
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by oscarug:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I'll root for anybody but Alex Schmuck

I will root for anybody who is wearing a 49ers jersey.

did you root for Lawrence Philips when he missed the block that ended S. Youngs career?

did you root for K. Harris everytime he did a false start?

i mean.. they were wearing 49er jerseys at the time..

i think the biggest problem with Smith is that since we drafted him.. we had him compete with career backups: Rattay, Hill, Dilfer, JTO... and has failed to outplay them every year... most of them 3rd stringers..

imagine if we had him compete against quality backups or a solid starter...

Whoa whoa whoa, back up, he never competed with Rattay. Rattay started, sucked, benched, and was traded. Then Smith was thrown in there with one of the worst offenses in the NFL. No competition.

When the hell was there a QB competition with Dilfer?!? Dilfer was brought in to assist Smith with his progression. Was there really a QB competition with the kid going 7-9, and Dilfer being however old he was at the time?

And last season's competition... wasn't a competition at all. It SHOULD have been between Hill and Smith, but obviously Martz had his grubby hands in who was going to be behind center.

And until Hill proves otherwise, he IS a "solid starter".

Though I do say Smith has a whole hell of a lot to prove at this point, I just couldn't let that post slide...
He's flaming something alright....
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I don't think it's a good idea to use "flaming" and a player in San Francisco in the same sentence.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I don't think it's a good idea to use "flaming" and a player in San Francisco in the same sentence.

• ZRF80
Well, what do you guys think ?
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well, what do you guys think ?

Share 49ersWebzone