There are 161 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: Damon Huard Flaming Hawk Brigade

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by English:
Um, I have been wondering of late. Do we all support the same team?

I was thinking the same thing. I'm so over all these useless debates. Both Hill and Smith have their positives and negatives. Whats the point of debating them endlessly. At the end of the day people need to just agree to disagree. Shaun Hill isnt Joe Montana, and Alex Smith isnt Ryan Leaf.

Shaun Hill - scrappy gamer who's won enough to warrant the starting job on a team with no real QB.

Alex Smith - a dissapointment so far (injury or not) but still not a clear cut bust IMO. I'd say he's a "bust until proven otherwise." I just dont think he's an EPIC bust as of yet. Even if he was spectacular, I'd still say he's a disspointment...just due to injuries. His whole situation has been a "bust."

All that aside...we're 49er fans..and we should just wish the best for our team, regardless of the name on the jersey. If Huard ends up starting...then fine...if not..whatever. Just be 49er fans.

I'm a Niner fan and the best chance for us to win now is Shaun Hill. Plan B is Alex Smith but should be Huard.

Mr. Cool, just cant let it go huh. lol. Why not say Niner fan first, and best chance for us to win is with whatever qb wins in the competition. Is that soo hard. Instead of like someone said earlier, everytime there's a post about an individual QB on our team, hill and or smith backers, bring up both the qb's. I swore this was for Huard. lol. I aint mad at ya brother, i know you and hill go back like the candy, now and laters, and quarter water juices.
Originally posted by BrodieFan:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I'll root for anybody but Alex Schmuck

I will root for anybody who is wearing a 49ers jersey.

Exactly. What kind of a Niner fan refuses to root for a Niner QB? Give me a break.

That answer your question?Some of these guys are not aware of what it means to root for a TEAM,they just want to attack players that haven't lived up to the hype they have associated with them.As I said in my previous post above it speaks volumes about the character of an individual when they attack someone they do not even know like that.As far as I have seen and read,Mr. Smith has done much for the community and charity...which brings to question,who is the schmuck?
ka-KAAAWW

go root for the raiders
  • ninerhigh
  • Info N/A
One particular connotation of "flaming" is not the most encouraging label for a Niner qb so, perhaps, you could come up with something more positive?!!!
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
This thread is flaming alright.
What about Nate Davis.
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
How about the Official "Nasty" Nate Davis Disco
Huard is here as an emergency QB, he can manage a game pretty well and is a conservative passer, Davis will need to show flashes of an upside and the ability to learn the playbook and execute the system, the battle for the 3rd QB position should be fun to watch
  • nivek
  • Info N/A
HA!

Funny.

Flaming Hawk Brigade. He won't be around for the start of the regular season.

Oh and "Nasty" Nate CLEMENTS. Not Davis. You can't just take someone's nickname and give it to someone else.
  • nekst
  • Info N/A
I sure hope Damon Huard gets a legitimate shot at being our #2 QB. He's looked better than Alex Smith during OTAs so far. Shaun Hill has his ups & downs but he's not said to be that great of a practice player anyways.

For example:

June 1st, 2009 - OTAs
"Alex Smith went through a stretch of misfiring three straight passes to fullback Moran Norris, and then two mis-throws to Dominique Zeigler."
Link

"The prettiest pass may have come from Damon Huard, who hit Dominique Zeigler, who was sandwiched by rookie cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels and safety Lewis Baker."
Link

Did you guys hear who had the prettiest pass all day? It was my boy Damon Huard, leader of the Flaming Hawk Brigade. I just can't wait to see him play in the pro bowl
It's only a matter of time before this turns into a "Free thread" where people post mindless things such as:

"Huard? It rhymes with poopturd! Ahahaha. Huard the poopturd!"
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's only a matter of time before this turns into a "Free thread" where people post mindless things such as:

That doesn't rhyme at all.... it doesn't sound like herd, it sounds like Hooard, like guard but a H instead of a G
Originally posted by Youngone:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

That doesn't rhyme at all.... it doesn't sound like herd, it sounds like Hooard, like guard but a H instead of a G

I've always heard the name pronounced as "Hyoo - ERD."

*shrug*
Originally posted by YouGotGored:

I will root for anybody who is wearing a 49ers jersey.

did you root for Lawrence Philips when he missed the block that ended S. Youngs career?

did you root for K. Harris everytime he did a false start?

i mean.. they were wearing 49er jerseys at the time..

i think the biggest problem with Smith is that since we drafted him.. we had him compete with career backups: Rattay, Hill, Dilfer, JTO... and has failed to outplay them every year... most of them 3rd stringers..

imagine if we had him compete against quality backups or a solid starter...

[ Edited by oscarug on Jun 1, 2009 at 16:32:45 ]
Share 49ersWebzone