There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OFFICIAL: Damon Huard Flaming Hawk Brigade

Since we have the Rise of the Phoenix, now the Starship... why not the Huard Flaming Hawk Brigade? Does anyone out there think that Huard should get the nod over Alexcuses or Noodle Arm?
Um, I have been wondering of late. Do we all support the same team?
Damon Huard is nothing more than veteran camp fodder imho.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49erScott:
Since we have the Rise of the Phoenix, now the Starship... why not the Huard Flaming Hawk Brigade? Does anyone out there think that Huard should get the nod over Alexcuses or Noodle Arm?

Well,in reality,it cannot be denied that Huard is a much more reliable talent at QB than Smith.( on a scale of 1-10 Huard is probably around a 6,while smith is about a 3 with Hill being about a 7 1/2). But also in reality, IF we draft a QB in this years draft in a later round,it would probably mean that Huard might be dropped from the roster to make room.
So to conclude,isn't it sad that the inferior QB will stay and the better talent would probably be cut,just because one guy was a first overall player taken ?

Oh well,lets hope that we draft a possible talent of the future and that we do well in the next year or so with Hill as the starter while the new guy gets ready ! Hill is pretty good and far better than smith,but not quite good enough.
Is this thread for flaming Huard?

Last year, we were right about one thing when JTO started: we knew we had solid backups who could come into the game and take control.

This year, we believe our immediate starter will do this AND we have solid backups.
Originally posted by English:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm so over all these useless debates. Both Hill and Smith have their positives and negatives. Whats the point of debating them endlessly. At the end of the day people need to just agree to disagree. Shaun Hill isnt Joe Montana, and Alex Smith isnt Ryan Leaf.

Shaun Hill - scrappy gamer who's won enough to warrant the starting job on a team with no real QB.

Alex Smith - a dissapointment so far (injury or not) but still not a clear cut bust IMO. I'd say he's a "bust until proven otherwise." I just dont think he's an EPIC bust as of yet. Even if he was spectacular, I'd still say he's a disspointment...just due to injuries. His whole situation has been a "bust."

All that aside...we're 49er fans..and we should just wish the best for our team, regardless of the name on the jersey. If Huard ends up starting...then fine...if not..whatever. Just be 49er fans.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

I was thinking the same thing. I'm so over all these useless debates. Both Hill and Smith have their positives and negatives. Whats the point of debating them endlessly. At the end of the day people need to just agree to disagree. Shaun Hill isnt Joe Montana, and Alex Smith isnt Ryan Leaf.

Shaun Hill - scrappy gamer who's won enough to warrant the starting job on a team with no real QB.

Alex Smith - a dissapointment so far (injury or not) but still not a clear cut bust IMO. I'd say he's a "bust until proven otherwise." I just dont think he's an EPIC bust as of yet. Even if he was spectacular, I'd still say he's a disspointment...just due to injuries. His whole situation has been a "bust."

All that aside...we're 49er fans..and we should just wish the best for our team, regardless of the name on the jersey. If Huard ends up starting...then fine...if not..whatever. Just be 49er fans.

I'm a Niner fan and the best chance for us to win now is Shaun Hill. Plan B is Alex Smith but should be Huard.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

A very reasonable attitude indeed !!! But you forgot that this is the Zone and that reason and logic don't count for much in many posters eyes,lol.

I for one,thought Alex would be a really good QB. I have changed my mind because ,like you I have actually watched him play and have been very disappointed in his poor play when he was healthy. (and yes,it was just him,not the team and players or coaches around him that caused his poor play,just him. Of course with better OC's and better OLines and better WR's etc,Alex would have been BETTER,but still not very good at all,imho).
I also like Hill and believe he is much better on the field than Smith. Not a long term answer,with his less than strong arm but good enough to bridge the gap until we draft a really great one.
Huard seems a good backup ,a good signing.
I would cheer for Alex if he were named the starter by some miracle. I ,like you ,am a 49ers fan and cheer for all the players on the roster to do well !!!

But I do hope we draft a QB this draft and I hope he delelops into something special !
I'll root for anybody but Alex Schmuck
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:

BUT...What if ny some miracle Alex is starting for the Niners? Are you going to hope for him to fail? Or are you going to cheer for him to do well and for us to win games with him at QB ?

I agree he stinks so far but if he is playing for my team then I am going to hope he does well and helps us win,aren't you ?
Huard is a solid proven backup who may well nail down the #2 QB position with Alex accumulating termites on the bench.
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:

A very reasonable attitude indeed !!! But you forgot that this is the Zone and that reason and logic don't count for much in many posters eyes,lol.

I for one,thought Alex would be a really good QB. I have changed my mind because ,like you I have actually watched him play and have been very disappointed in his poor play when he was healthy. (and yes,it was just him,not the team and players or coaches around him that caused his poor play,just him. Of course with better OC's and better OLines and better WR's etc,Alex would have been BETTER,but still not very good at all,imho).
I also like Hill and believe he is much better on the field than Smith. Not a long term answer,with his less than strong arm but good enough to bridge the gap until we draft a really great one.
I would cheer for Alex if he were named the starter by some miracle. I ,like you ,am a 49ers fan and cheer for all the players on the roster to do well !!!

But I do hope we draft a QB this draft and I hope he delelops into something special !

Well said. I agree, in toto.

In fact, I hope we draft a QB at #10.

IF Singletary proves to be as good as his word, we may not get another draft pick as low as #10 for some time. (I know, its a big IF.) So maybe its a good idea to draft a Sanchez, or a Stafford, if they fall to us this year.
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by TOP_CAT:

Well said. I agree, in toto.

In fact, I hope we draft a QB at #10.

IF Singletary proves to be as good as his word, we may not get another draft pick as low as #10 for some time. (I know, its a big IF.) So maybe its a good idea to draft a Sanchez, or a Stafford, if they fall to us this year.

I agree that maybe we should go after Shanchez if he is still there at 10. We may not have a chance at a top teir QB coming out of college again. I am hoping for a stud pass rusher and I may actually be leaning towards Raji because he would be an immediate help at an area of need. But if Shanchez is there and we grab him I would not be upset.
But I wonder if Scotty would have the guts to go qb AGAIN with so early a pick,after the disaster Alex turned out to be? I hope he doesn't let the ignorant fans and some ignorant newspaper writers cause him to be gunshy. He has done a pretty good job for the teram overall so far and I hope he has growing confidence in himself and not a faultering confidence because of some of the unwarranted critism.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

I will root for anybody who is wearing a 49ers jersey.
this thread