There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SoCal Residents: Do I need Directv to watch the 49ers?

Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i hate watching 9er games at bars. Especially when they lose. If I could afford it, I'd get sunday ticket. Till then, HomerTV it is.

Here's the best 49ers sports bar in Los Angeles (actually closer to Santa Monica). The only place where if a non-49ers fan walks in, everyone boos. You'll feel like you're among real fans here. You can also hear the game, since they won't have a ton of other games on like in other sports bars. Everyone is watching the Niners game.

San Francisco Saloon Co

11501 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064
(310) 478-0152

Thanks for this tip. I've been looking for a place where there are actual Niner fans watching the games.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Is there any bar that shows niner games in irvine

I bet that Fox Sports Grill at the Spectrum would put it on for you.
Just clicked on the channel to order NFL Ticket again and it states at the bottom that " I am authorized for this program." Does that mean I need not reorder from last year and they just bill me for this one?
Originally posted by jayb49er:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by BobS:
I have Directv, and lived in either Orange County or Riverside County my whole life.
Since the 49ers fell from grace they are pretty much never on TV. Back in the glory
days they were on almost every week, and my Niner hating friends didn't like it. Now
it's either Directv or the sports bar.

or homer tv online

A couple of you have mentioned this but what exactly is it? Along with the million dollar question, how much does it cost?

Direct TV is the service through which "Sunday Ticket" is offered. Total is 3 bills, but order before 7/31 and it's about 20 bucks off. I sure hope to be taking advantage of it... no more racing to get to a sports bar on time and trying to search for the best seat. Can't wait!
Too bad they can't let you cut the cost by allowing you only your team's games all year. Eh... still fun flipping to other games when the 9ers are done or at commercial.
all I gotta say is $300 is cheap.
i go to the bar here in santa barbara every week to watch because I moved from Frisco about 10 years ago.

Add up 16 games when i drop at least $100 a sunday drinking and eating during games. I get f**ked up granted, but I spend at least $2000 a season watching the games at the bar. Plus I get new jerseys and s**t.

Do yourself a favor, f**k $300...go big or go home, it's more fun at the bar anyways.
Sitting at home watching the games is for anti-social losers that can't pull the hot girls wearing chargers jerseys.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
all I gotta say is $300 is cheap.
i go to the bar here in santa barbara every week to watch because I moved from Frisco about 10 years ago.

Add up 16 games when i drop at least $100 a sunday drinking and eating during games. I get f**ked up granted, but I spend at least $2000 a season watching the games at the bar. Plus I get new jerseys and s**t.

Do yourself a favor, f**k $300...go big or go home, it's more fun at the bar anyways.
Sitting at home watching the games is for anti-social losers that can't pull the hot girls wearing chargers jerseys.

You ever go to EOS? Have met many a 'celeb' in that place including Santa Barbara's own Bradley Van Pelt of Denver Bronco fame.
  • niners2007
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by swim4speed:
I am planning to move to Orange, California in June. I want to watch all or at least close to all of the Niners games. I am wondering how many Niners games are usually broadcast (on regular local television) in southern CA.

Will I need to get Directv in order to watch the Niners games?

you have to get the Ticket for Niners games. Either that or channelsurfing.net or justin.tv
Ive had NFL Sunday Ticket for 12 yrs now. It started out at $99.99 & has gone up more and more each year. You do get between $10-$25 discount by automatically renewing each year. This year the renewal price is $44.95/mo for 6 months which is $269.95.

Plus if you want to watch the games in HD you either have to pay an extra $100 to get Superfan or sweet talk the DirecTV person to get it for free. Sometimes you get it free sometimes you gotta pay.

Living in Ohio there is no substitute to catch my beloved 49ers!!
  • rck211
  • Info N/A
We have all 49er games televised with sound at Gallaghers in Long Beach!! We are home of The Niner Empire LA Chapter. It is an Irish pub located on the corner of Broadway and Temple in the city of Long Beach. Hope to see ya soon!!
I live in Orange. You will need Direct Tv.
Originally posted by rck211:
We have all 49er games televised with sound at Gallaghers in Long Beach!! We are home of The Niner Empire LA Chapter. It is an Irish pub located on the corner of Broadway and Temple in the city of Long Beach. Hope to see ya soon!!

That is so cool- too bad i live in the Valley. I will keep in mind whenever i find myself down there, love LB... well the beach anyway.
yes u do.