LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

2009 schedule and my prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by King49er:
Any of those teams with a strong running game will murder us.

I hope this is the year that we can finally stop giving up big plays,or we'll be f**ked again.

That being said,I'm sticking with my yearly 12-4

ARE YOU aware that we have Willis....did you see what Willis and Clements did to Peterson????, we have a very good run D and a good secondary. Not to mention J Smith kicks ass
Originally posted by elguapo:

I hope this is the year that we can finally stop giving up big plays,or we'll be f**ked again.

ARE YOU aware that we have Willis....did you see what Willis and Clements did to Peterson????, we have a very good run D and a good secondary. Not to mention J Smith kicks ass

Umm did you see what Chester Taylor did in that SAME GAME???
Originally posted by jogr49:
7-9 no playoffs again. reason? No QB, No pass rush, new OC, lousy GM and Ownership. And oh yeah, lack of top level talent except for Willis.

There is no reason with the cap straight now, why this team could not improve where needed.

lol damn dude can we get through the draft first.
and that goes for everyone. not just you lol.

Originally posted by Dajanksta:
7-9 no playoffs again. reason? No QB, No pass rush, new OC, lousy GM and Ownership. And oh yeah, lack of top level talent except for Willis.

There is no reason with the cap straight now, why this team could not improve where needed.

Well I can't see us adding any starters in the draft this year unless Crabtree or Raji slides to us so I'm not sure that means alot.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:

Umm did you see what Chester Taylor did in that SAME GAME???

lol man i was so excited that we were shutting down AP... then all of a sudden chester breaks off that huuuuge run.
  • yoda76
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by billbird2111:
4-12

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
  • impresso25
  • Info N/A

Co-Signed. My thoughts exactly. I'm always hopeful but this is not a very good time, i'm afriad. Even if we sneak into the post season we will be obliterated in the first game.
Sure Wins (3):
Detroit
Rams - Home
Rams - Away

Tough Wins (3):
AZ-home
Seattle-home
Atlanta-Home

Sure Losses(6):
Titans - Away
Eagles-Away
Packers-away
Colts-away
AZ-away
Bears-home

Too close to call(4):
Jaguars-Home
Seattle-away
Vikings-away
Texans-away

In other words, in order to go 9-7, the Niners must take 3 of 4 games: Jags-home, Seattle-away, Viks-away and Texans away.

In order to go 10-6 the Niners must take all four these games (or 3 of the 4 "close" games plus one upset of my "sure losses" list.

I think that we're looking at least 8-8 up to 10-6 depending on how well the Niners draft goes, the offense gels and how well our QB does.
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:

Well I can't see us adding any starters in the draft this year unless Crabtree or Raji slides to us so I'm not sure that means alot.

Some people will just never understand the draft. The draft rarely affects teams upcoming seasons. Any seasoned handicapper is 90% sure of their predictions by 4/1. The next big thing is the actual schedule itself, and who goes down to major injury in the pre-season. That and a couple of rookie running backs is all I am missing. Currently I have 49ers at #22 in my power rankings and the draft alone is not going to make me change that spot
Home
Atlanta Falcons= W

Detroit Lions=W

Chicago Bears=W

Jacksonville Jaguars=L

Tennessee Titans= L

Arizona Cardinals=W

St. Louis Rams=W

Seattle Seahawks= W

Away
Minnesota Vikings= L

Green Bay Packers= W

Indianapolis Colts= L

Houston Texans= W

St. Louis Rams=W

Arizona Cardinals= L

Seattle Seahawks= L

Philadelphia Eagles=L

I have us going 9-7
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM ]

Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Still no franchise QB. Still a few holes on the OL. Still no number 1 go-to receiver. Still no RB to complement Gore. Still only 1 starting caliber defensive lineman (Justin Smith). Still no feared pass rusher. Still not enough depth in the secondary. Still no one in the front office with the brains to fill in those holes. Still 7-9 caliber team at best.

Some of those issues will be addressed in the draft and the top picks should be playing by mid-season. Unfortunately, I have to agree with you on the QB. Even if by some chance we get one of the two top guys it won't help this year. Even so, we should be able to sqeak out a 9-7 which might mean playoffs. The defense is going to be good this year. They would be good if the season started tomorrow before the draft. I'm scared as hell about the offense though. God help us if Raye = Hostler.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by got_five:
Home
Atlanta Falcons= W

Detroit Lions=W

Chicago Bears=W

Jacksonville Jaguars=L

Tennessee Titans= L

Arizona Cardinals=W

St. Louis Rams=W

Seattle Seahawks= W

Away
Minnesota Vikings= L

Green Bay Packers= W

Indianapolis Colts= L

Houston Texans= W

St. Louis Rams=W

Arizona Cardinals= L

Seattle Seahawks= L

Philadelphia Eagles=L

I have us going 9-7

I wouldn't be so fast to up that W against Chicago. I do think we can beat Jacksonville at home though. So, you're right, 9-7.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Home
Atlanta Falcons= W

Detroit Lions=W

Chicago Bears=W

Jacksonville Jaguars=L

Tennessee Titans= L

Arizona Cardinals=W

St. Louis Rams=W

Seattle Seahawks= W

Away
Minnesota Vikings= L

Green Bay Packers= W

Indianapolis Colts= L

Houston Texans= W

St. Louis Rams=W

Arizona Cardinals= L

Seattle Seahawks= L

Philadelphia Eagles=L

I have us going 9-7

I wouldn't be so fast to up that W against Chicago. I do think we can beat Jacksonville at home though. So, you're right, 9-7.

I know the bears got cutler but he doesnt have anybody to throw to, i think jacksonville defense is too good for our offense
9-7
8-8. Other than blind optimism there isn't much to excite me. I think our offense will be another disappointment, especially behind Raye.
Share 49ersWebzone