LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

2009 schedule and my prediction

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Right now we are the same team that lacked a pass rush last year. We aren't sure if our our best WR Bruce will be back or not. Then I factor in both Hill and Smith will be competing and neither of these two excites me very much. I can see some signs that we are maybe getting close to having a winning season again but right now I gotta go with 9-7 and hope that we will find a way to get a little bit more. I am counting on the defense to start out quickly where they left off last season with their simplified 3-4 cause the offense could possibly start out slow again under Raye. We have had too many losing seasons for me to get overly jacked up again this early.

With my expectations at a reasonable level I can always hope for something slightly better from my team ------ I would love to be surprised with a better record.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I like the predictions so far, but everyone has us beating the Falcons. I just don't see that happening yet with 1 full season under Ryan's belt. Plus last time I checked they still had Micheal Turner whom I think doesn't get enough credit.
Still no franchise QB. Still a few holes on the OL. Still no number 1 go-to receiver. Still no RB to complement Gore. Still only 1 starting caliber defensive lineman (Justin Smith). Still no feared pass rusher. Still not enough depth in the secondary. Still no one in the front office with the brains to fill in those holes. Still 7-9 caliber team at best.
Personally I like the schedule we have this season cause it is a very reasonable one , but we still have some holes to fill , another new offense and cordinator , I am glad to hear we are gonna keep the defense fairly simple. I gotta go with somewhere between 8-8 or 9-7. I want badly to have the first winning season , I am tired of playing under .500 every year.
it's a hard schedule, but managable. I think seattle & st. louis will be better than they where last year. arizona we will sweep!! I think all in all we can go 9-7!! but i wouldn't be surprised if we go 8-8.
AWAY:
ARI-> Win (SF avenges the Monday night/Martz debacle, and overcomes td's to win!)
St. Louis-> Win (jackson tears us up, but frank gore & co. have a different agenda)
Sea -> Loss (Hasselback is in form, and a close hard fought game! He finds T.J. for the game winner, then Hill or smith throws a pick to seal the deal a heartbreaker)
GB-> Loss (Rodgers will be improved same with the D. Close game but Rodgers to jennings is to much for our cb's)
Hou-> Win (a close game, their defense gives us fits, but a key frank gore run sets up the winning td to davis!!)
Ind-> Loss (Manning is the ultimate field general)
Phi->Loss (Phil is always strong)
Min->Loss (this game could go either way, but that Defense against our o-line is the key. a field goal lifts the vikes)

HOME:
Sea->Win (Payback is a mother f!!!)
St. Louis-> Win ( a hard fought win!)
Ari-> Win (Not this year f*gs!)
Atl-> Win (Soph Slump for Ryan, stopping the run game is the challenge!)
Det-> Win (same old lions)
Jax-> Loss (the run game of Jax get's us. Another close game)
Ten-> Win (Collins has no offense and no answers!
Looks pretty hard, hopefully some of the teams coming out from east of the Mississippi won't travel well.
  • sfgo2fivewin5
  • Info N/A
im thinking more like 10-6 or 11-5 as long as we get a nt,cb,rb in the draft. yes i said rb, if gore gets hit the wrong way there is no one on the team who can step in full time.
I bet we have another top 10 pick next year. I'm not sold on our OC. I think we will be a worst team next season. Plus we haven't address our main needs for years. Pass Rush, Protection, QB, and WR. Same needs every year WHY? Tell me what makes us a better team this upcoming season vs last?

If you say Sing maybe but it seems like every year we finish strong for some reason.
This is how it will go down. We will start the first 2 or 3 games strong then it will be a blur until the last 3 games of the season witch at that point we are play for nothing. Funny history always repeat itself. I feel like our team in recent years stuck in some dimensional loop we cant get out of. Hold ON,, I need to go star trek on.

Edit Part...
Oh year this question or prediction is in some dimensional loop too. This question or (prediction) is ask every year and everyone always say 8-8 to 12-4 lol.
[ Edited by iamtheman698 on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:48 PM ]
  • TOP_CAT
  • Info N/A
Why do so many so called fans seem to get such delight in predicting failure for the team. I guess they are just so down in the dumps because of so many years of failure that they project all that failure onto this new group that is leading the Niners now ?
We have a new owner/president and a new HC and a GM that has only been around running things for 1 year.

Let them fail on the field before you predict such doom and gloom and before you jump off that building,lol .
  • 69erswebzone
  • Info N/A
I think 9-7 or 10-6 with a play off spot. I'm very optimistic about this upcoming season. Go 9ers!!!!!!

Originally posted by got_five:
Home
Atlanta Falcons= The dates aren't set yet so just say we play in this order!! So based on what the Falcons have done so far before the upcoming draft I predict the is a win due to their minimal defensive changes and playing at home, but Matt Ryan will have another year under his belt so watch out!! 1-0

Detroit Lions= This should be an easy win based on last season, but this is the NFL! If they some how pull Cutler away the prediction could change, but this is also at home so.. 2-0

Chicago Bears= This is a tuffy because the Bears are similar to the Niners and always play hard and they have had our number recently!! We finally have them at home but lose in a close one.. 2-1

Jacksonville Jaguars= Del Rio has this team on the cusp, but due to having no WR's, the exit of Fred Taylor, Matt Jones, Khalif Barnes and Sensabaugh we could come away with a win in this one!! I say this will be one our upsets because Singletary will have us playing hard... 3-1

Tennessee Titans= The Titans had a great season and should feed from it this year. I know Haynesworth is gone and Brandon Jones could tell us what to expect, but it still won't be enough to pull out a win... 3-2

Arizona Cardinals=Revenge will be sweet!! enough said!! 4-2

St. Louis Rams= There are no signs of this team getting any better as of yet so how can you not say win... 5-2

Seattle Seahawks= Injuries should no longer be an issue this season and some additions are coming in as of late so splitting the series is usually how this turns out. So the first of the 2, we will lose.. 5-3

Away
Minnesota Vikings= Another team that is right on the brink of being really good and in my opinion Sage is a good QB and could push them over the top with that beast of a RB!! on the road loss... 5-4

Green Bay Packers= Also a team similar to us minus their passing game, but the weather is key when playing them as we all know. I say smash mouth running could help us pull this one out... 6-4

Indianapolis Colts= Manning is Manning as always, so unless our pass defense improves I don't see us winning this game yet!! 6-5

Houston Texans= This is not to far of a road game so that always helps, but the Texans are filling some holes and are a near playoff team. I say win... 7-5

St. Louis Rams= This year I think we will have a little more consistency, so unlike last season when we blew them out in the first meeting and had to have last minute heroics to pull out the second win, our improvement should make this a little less nail bitting!! 8-5

Arizona Cardinals= I am biast here and again, Revenge will be so sweet!! 9-5

Seattle Seahawks= I said split, so we win here... 10-5

Philadelphia Eagles= We can never seem to beat these guys!! blew a 16 pt. 4th qtr lead last year and got blown out ourselves and this being on the road in a hostile crowd a win here just doesn't seem realistic.. final record 10-6 and finally finally a division championship and a post season birth!!!!

i say 11-5 or 12-4. we either beat the bears, or Eagles. Philly lost a lot of key players, so i think we gonna beat them.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Put me down for predicting 9-7.
on_it.
Originally posted by got_five:
Home
Atlanta Falcons= The dates aren't set yet so just say we play in this order!! So based on what the Falcons have done so far before the upcoming draft I predict the is a win due to their minimal defensive changes and playing at home, but Matt Ryan will have another year under his belt so watch out!! 1-0

Detroit Lions= This should be an easy win based on last season, but this is the NFL! If they some how pull Cutler away the prediction could change, but this is also at home so.. 2-0

Chicago Bears= This is a tuffy because the Bears are similar to the Niners and always play hard and they have had our number recently!! We finally have them at home but lose in a close one.. 2-1

Jacksonville Jaguars= Del Rio has this team on the cusp, but due to having no WR's, the exit of Fred Taylor, Matt Jones, Khalif Barnes and Sensabaugh we could come away with a win in this one!! I say this will be one our upsets because Singletary will have us playing hard... 3-1

Tennessee Titans= The Titans had a great season and should feed from it this year. I know Haynesworth is gone and Brandon Jones could tell us what to expect, but it still won't be enough to pull out a win... 3-2

Arizona Cardinals=Revenge will be sweet!! enough said!! 4-2

St. Louis Rams= There are no signs of this team getting any better as of yet so how can you not say win... 5-2

Seattle Seahawks= Injuries should no longer be an issue this season and some additions are coming in as of late so splitting the series is usually how this turns out. So the first of the 2, we will lose.. 5-3

Away
Minnesota Vikings= Another team that is right on the brink of being really good and in my opinion Sage is a good QB and could push them over the top with that beast of a RB!! on the road loss... 5-4

Green Bay Packers= Also a team similar to us minus their passing game, but the weather is key when playing them as we all know. I say smash mouth running could help us pull this one out... 6-4

Indianapolis Colts= Manning is Manning as always, so unless our pass defense improves I don't see us winning this game yet!! 6-5

Houston Texans= This is not to far of a road game so that always helps, but the Texans are filling some holes and are a near playoff team. I say win... 7-5

St. Louis Rams= This year I think we will have a little more consistency, so unlike last season when we blew them out in the first meeting and had to have last minute heroics to pull out the second win, our improvement should make this a little less nail bitting!! 8-5

Arizona Cardinals= I am biast here and again, Revenge will be so sweet!! 9-5

Seattle Seahawks= I said split, so we win here... 10-5

Philadelphia Eagles= We can never seem to beat these guys!! blew a 16 pt. 4th qtr lead last year and got blown out ourselves and this being on the road in a hostile crowd a win here just doesn't seem realistic.. final record 10-6 and finally finally a division championship and a post season birth!!!!

Its possible and I hope it happens. I also gotta say you did a nice job selling me your prediction
I agree with 10-6 but win versus the bears and lose versus PHI only because it's away. I think SEA split switches with each team winning at home.

Whether it's 9-7 or 10-6 i think we will win the division because our D can actually help us win games....especially road games that other teams in our division cannot win
Share 49ersWebzone